GGG.. youre giving out a warning to hackers... why?

"
VictorDoom wrote:
Why would you warn them instead of ban them?

Up until now everyone who was botting or cheating in general got instantly banned(apart from 1 case in CB), why would you give a freebie for all of the people who are doing it?

How many stupid thread like this will pop up? Read what GGG fucking wrote, and you'll know.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
"
PitzerMike wrote:
Well, banning is bad for business.

Sure, and blizzard only did ban waves in D2 on non paying customers. Lol.

I don't know what to say. How does it matter what blizzard does? Lol.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
anyway my point is i understand cheaters and they should get second chance.

Let's assume you really believe in that opinion. Let's say Alex has never cheated before and starts cheating today, when he gets caught, should he be banned or should he only be given a warning like the other people were?

whos alex?

That guy who's into a bit of the old ultra violence.
We tested it extensively
So lets say someone cheated their way to 6 or maybe more demigod rings before this anti-cheat deployed, then they get caught and sent a warning... seriously, a warning only for killing 6 races participated by mostly* legit people? LOOL, this is basically giving them a second chance to make a better program that doesn't get detected HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. Well fucking played, that pretty much done it for me.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
LOOL, this is basically giving them a second chance to make a better program that doesn't get detected HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. Well fucking played, that pretty much done it for me.

Hackers have 3 weeks of time to improve detection avoidance, before the next race seasons starts.

GGG being so mellow and tolerant, just invites cheaters & hackers to try harder.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:

Hackers have 3 weeks of time to improve detection avoidance, before the next race seasons starts.
GGG being so mellow and tolerant, just invites cheaters & hackers to try harder.

how does the announcement to consequently ban cheaters who get detected in the future invite them to cheat even more in the next season?

sure, cheats will improve but that's a war no company (even those with bigger ressources) ever won. it's basically a waste of development time better spent on improvements.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
how does the announcement to consequently ban cheaters who get detected in the future invite them to cheat even more in the next season?

(consistent & prolonged) leniency invites crime.

The bare minimum that GGG should have done, is a show of force regarding races, where cheaters infest the very top of the ladder (as indirectly confirmed by yesterday's GGG post). The lack of integrity & effort to provide a fair competition (even if retro-actively), is disappointing.

Sure, now they promise to take action in the future, but that's still to be seen.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jan 21, 2015, 4:37:22 AM
"
Perq wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
Why would you warn them instead of ban them?

Up until now everyone who was botting or cheating in general got instantly banned(apart from 1 case in CB), why would you give a freebie for all of the people who are doing it?

How many stupid thread like this will pop up? Read what GGG fucking wrote, and you'll know.

this is the first one, and i read it, thats why im asking, because they havent clarified anything about why they excused them.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 21, 2015, 6:30:35 AM
"
geradon wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

sure, cheats will improve but that's a war no company (even those with bigger ressources) ever won. it's basically a waste of development time better spent on improvements.

It's not about totally eliminating cheating. That's an impossible task. It's about minimizing it to the point where it has a minimal or almost no effect on the game, particularly when it comes to the economy. Botting in WoW for example may seem prevalent, but then you realize that it's probably less than 1% of the active population botting. Why? A combination of demphasizing grinding, less gated content, and stringent anti-cheating measures.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jan 21, 2015, 7:06:19 AM
^ I'd also add that punishing cheaters is important, even in such a game where everyone can make as many accounts as he wants. Because it's about integrity and perceived ability of GGG to provide a fair competitive environment (still talking about races here).

Punishment matters for the sake of justice & fair-play. GGG allowing race cheaters (= competitive cheaters) to slip through with just a warning, will have a more negative (long term) impact on the game & community, than banning a few supporter accounts.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info