Race Season Ten Prizes, Patch 1.3.0k and Cheating

"
Koos63 wrote:
I consider every advantage that is not build in the game itself as cheating.

Sure, but you also have to 'define' how large the grey area of legality/acceptance angle for this is - larger monitors, better gpu, even simple things as autofire on a joystick etc (and based on this, every hw-driver based keybind macro etc) are all giving you advantages from outside a game's code...
Nobody can for real try to limit you at the 'quality' (and so, functionality too) of the input (or output, and similar relevant) devices you use; the computer system has to be taken as a whole 'against' the application's specs and thats it.

Cheating in general: what about build-in '/godmode' settings? Intended to use??
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
HAHAHAH GOOD NO MORE CHEATER ITS A GAME IF YOU CHEAT YOU = BUM!!!!
People are so dumb to believe that the cheating is gone..... First of all, none of us knows if there still are cheats that are undetected, and even if GGG knows all of them, new cheats will arise and people will use it.
PoE is F2P and there is no problem just making a new account to play from if the old account got perm banned for cheating. Even on diablo 2 people would stock up on tens or hundreds of cd-keys even if it would cost them money, just to set up bots and farm stuff for jsp, rmt etc, so why would it suddenly change here??

Imo they should have PERMANENTLY banned the main account similar to diablo 2.

How i see the situation: GGG "Hey cheaters, we know you've been using hacks, but if you dont use it anymore you can keep everything you got from using it up to this point(except demis...)".

But hey, at least they are doing something official about it now, and that alone seems to please many here, even though this should have been done years ago..

You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Why should there be a warning? To give people time to move the stuff to another account?

As a (suprisingly low) number of players stated, having a warning guarantees that if no such warning is received then there's no risk of being banned right away.

Knowing that you can come out clean once per account, would you actually feel deterred or instead incentivized to do so and go all in with multiple disposable accounts?

This is literally a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.
Last edited by Darkwings83 on Jan 21, 2015, 11:25:45 AM
"
Darkwings83 wrote:
Why should there be a warning? To give people time to move the stuff to another account?

As a (suprisingly low) number of players stated, having a warning guarantees that if no such warning is received then there's no risk of being banned right away.

Knowing that you can come out clean once per account, would you actually feel deterred or instead incentivized to do so and go all in with multiple disposable accounts?

This is literally a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.

It is for this one time only. Supposedly if anyone cheats after this warning it will be insta-ban. No more warnings to anyone. If you do it again you will not be warned after this and you will be insta-banned. Supposedly.

I think they should have just banned them all already but oh well. I have played too many good games that get completely ruined by hackers. It makes the game unplayable. Mostly I am talking about first person shooters.
Last edited by Orbitalx on Jan 21, 2015, 12:26:44 PM
I used maphack for disable particles for my cast on crit build. Thank you GGG for the warning and will not use again.
On the one hand, i understand that banning everyone who used a 3rd party tool, even if only for reasons that didn't give an unfair advantage, right away might be a bit over the top. If i had used that HUD thingy only for better zoom or loot notifications, i guess i would find it a bit too extreme, if i got permabanned right away. (However, a temp ban along with the warning wouldn't hurt, would it?)

On the other hand though, i have played with the thought of using said HUD myself and decided against it because i didnt want to risk my account.
I did, however, make another account on the Garena servers and installed their separate client because i wanted to at least try those cheats floating around the net. The whole thing lasted barely a few minutes because it turned out that before trying the Garena servers, i hadn't really known how lag in Poe looks but that was enough to get an impression of that HUD (i just assume it was the same thing that everyone is talking about here) and found it to be quite awesome actually!

While a map hack is certainly nice to have, the advantage is actually not that big as long as you're only playing solo and don't race.
Some of the other features were a lot more interesting though: For example, loot notifications are something i really miss in poe, especially when farming with a fast moving build like Flicker Strike.
I don't really recall the whole feature list but there were a few more things that i would have liked to have for my normal PoE playing.

However, i decided not to have those QoL-Improvements because it's against the rules and someday in my gamer life, i've come to the conclusion that just strictly following the rules in a multiplayer game is the best way to not get into trouble, besides the fact that i really can't stand it when other people get an unfair advantage over me, so no matter how tempting it might be to get said advantage for myself, i have to play just as fair as i expect other people to do.

So, compared to those who were warned now, i was at a disadvantage and i knew it but at least, i could be sure not to get banned eventually. Knowing now that breaking the rules would have allowed me to share those advantages without any consequences, i can't help feeling like i made a mistake there.

I know that not cheating was the right thing to do but obviously, this was once again one of those situations where the "official" rules say one thing and after following them for a while, i find out that there is another, unspoken rule that say that breaking the official rules in that situation is actually ok and following them is therefore considered stupid.

I really don't like feeling stupid!
Also, i can't help thinking that all this complicated official-unoffial rule thing is just so totally unncessary and that there should just be better rules that take into account the problems that those "actual rules" are trying to solve.

Personally, i wouldn't mind if GGG officially said that "experimenting" with cheat tools (-> just giving them a try without actually aquiring a real benefit) is considered a minor offense, meaning you get a chance to correct your behaviour before being banned. I wouldn't even mind if the rules said that map hacks are allowed and cheating only results in a ban if it endangers the smooth running of the complete game (like crash exploits f.e.), even a "do whatever you want" policy would be fine with me...

I just wish that there were clear, reliable rules that i can follow without having to feel stupid for doing so!
It's annoying enough to deal with stuff like this in real life, at least in a game, things should be easier...
"
Orbitalx wrote:
"
Darkwings83 wrote:
stuff

It is for this one time only. Supposedly if anyone cheats after this warning it will be insta-ban. No more warnings to anyone. If you do it again you will not be warned after this and you will be insta-banned. Supposedly.

Even it was just for a few weeks (and it's not stated in the announcement) it would still be like having the message say:
"Congratulations! You cheated so well that we couldn't spot you before. Now that we acknowledged your skills have this free pass!"

Yes, I made that sound as stupid as I could but that's basically what I get out of it.
Cheats kills fun.
how about making the game fun to play, not ruining the fun of people

none of the core problems (FAIR solo play, trading revamp, one-shot bullshit deaths) have ever been even slightly adressed, which is why I stopped playing months ago.

this is just another "fix" that is completely pointless to 99% of the players who never cheated but were cheated of their time and money by the gaping flaws in this game
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jan 21, 2015, 4:19:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info