Rolling Cartographer's Strongbox

Well i found my first carto (since ambush) sadly just 75lv map but that aside :

What do you aim for when crafting cartographer's box?

I wanted to get 7+ additional items but i didn't get that one - was that disabled?
Sattled with 20% quality and additional rare (for total of 18 maps i belive) but just 3 were 75 :(

Is throwing in vaal orb worth the deal?
As soon as I hit merciless I found 3 cartographer's boxes worth about 40 66-69 maps. All I did was alt them until additional rare or item then vaal it blue. And I got about 10 maps with +100% item quantity.

I also found a Carcass Jack and Rainbowstrides on the same day as those boxes ^^
You don't vaal 70+ carto boxes, well maybe you can if you have a character that can run ANY mod combination(and loads of them).

Below 70 they are free good drop maps with a chance at a fragment, so that's pretty cool.

For 75 and +

gonna put these in order of importance from my experience.

1) mirror
2) iiq% (keep in mind, this only apply's if you have a map with high iir and iiq already, from experience i noticed these tend to give more if your running a 80+% map)
3) +3 additional items (7 was removed, max is now 3 to balance the boxes out)
4) + magic/rare

Sometimes i even just allt roll for mirrored, get another mod and then regal and hope for +3 or iiq value.
However in 77 and 78, always chaos spam for mirror + iiq or +3 and other mods.

Mirror is by far the best modifier in my personal experience.

1) it gives map that cannot be changed, but they are also extremely easy to run and don't cost currency and can still give you solid map returns occasionally.
2) all the lower level maps drop in a pair of two, this means you only need a single one of them extra in your stash to do the +1 map level recipe.
3) mirrored maps are free xp runs :)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : quality on the box can be helpful to save chissels, but i would pose that at 75+ boxes, getting more maps is more important then getting less maps but with quality.

In your case it did save you 4 chissels per map, so that's also worth something. I'd rather have +maps do.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jan 19, 2015, 6:08:05 PM
Thx Boem.
What about +level ? was that removed too ? for carto in lower lv maps it should be very good.
Last edited by Stt3r0 on Jan 19, 2015, 6:21:36 PM
+level is still there (+3 is max), but i think its only worth to roll on 74/75+ maps its a little bit rare.
Last edited by BigNerrik on Jan 19, 2015, 6:51:37 PM
"
BigNerrik wrote:
+level is still there (+3 is max), but i think its only worth to roll on 74/75+ maps its a little bit rare.

I think +lvl on carto's is limited to +1, but i would have to check. But like you stated, rolling for +1 is a bad undertaking, it will take a ridicules amount of currency to roll a box with mirrored + 3 maps/or iiq% and +1 level for example. So your better of rolling mirrored etc without the +1 lvl. you will ge ta shitload of maps and the really low level ones you can use for chissel recipe and the mid tier level ones can be upgraded to +1 lvl.

In a sense, mirrored is like 2/3 of a +1 roll. But with a lot more utility behind it and it gives a nice map explosion and that feeling is priceless.

Peace,

-Boem-

Obviously if you come across a mirrored +1 level box, it might be worthwhile to open it, since maps become exponentially more in value as you go up in levels.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
no its not limited to +1 it can be +3
and on 75+ maps i always try to get it...cost 15-50c per carto the +3 mod with +maps + quanty etc. but you "always" get much more back.

you dont need to overlevel the box..it must be 78, so on 78 maps you dont need the +lvl
Last edited by BigNerrik on Jan 19, 2015, 9:03:03 PM
low lvl boxes dont roll

73+ maps ...
if map is blue (low iiq) go for +level or +items and dont use alchs
If map is rare (75+) go alch (dont waste chaos orbs) and any from +lvl, +items, iiq is good. If u dont have problems with reflects, regen ... use vaal. U will get big iiq maps to run them but not to sell them. In 90% regaling will fail, personally I hate mirror and magic maps (magic and rares u need to scour to chisel them and thats wasting currency. Mirrored u cant roll).

From 76+ use chaos, scours and no vaals because it can be pain to run them.
While i found lots of them in Beyond, I have yet to find a single one in Bloodlines.
Perhaps it has to do with me RIPing every damn character before they start doing lvl 70+ maps =D
"
dukediem wrote:
While i found lots of them in Beyond, I have yet to find a single one in Bloodlines.
Perhaps it has to do with me RIPing every damn character before they start doing lvl 70+ maps =D

Haha, hc for life eh?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info