[LLD] 2H Mace Heavy Strike Beat Down

Overview

This build's main focus is on stun-locking and insane burst damage. It is also easy to achieve 1.3k life and 1.5k armour. This is a great starter PVP build as Geofri's Baptism is insanely cheap and will provide you with enough DPS to contend with other builds.

Passive Tree

Recommended Build
This build focuses on life, increased stun and all the effective physical damage nodes that will increase our Heavy Strike DPS. We also get Resolute Technique which will counter every evasion based character (not that there are any...)

The main issue with this build is that it lacks some of the dex/int needed to run hatred, herald of fire and bear trap. These stats will need to be accounted for when gearing!!

My Current Build
I recently swapped to this build to see if the extra 50% increased armour would make a difference against some of the physical damage matchups i was facing... It doesnt seem to have made a difference.

Gems

They are in the order of most importance as far as linking goes

-Main attack-
Heavy Strike - Multistrike - Added Fire - Block Chance Reduction - Stun (5L) - Weapon Elemental Damage (6L)

-Secondary Attack and Gap Closer-
Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Added Fire - Block Chance Reduction - Stun (5L) - Weapon Elemental Damage (6L)

-Movement Skill-
Leap Slam - Added Fire - Block Chance Reduction - Stun

-Auras and Trap-
Hatred - Herald of Ash - Bear Trap - Multitrap

-Counter Attack-
Vengeance - Added Fire - Block Chance Reduction - Weapon Elemental damage

OR

-Utility Counter Attack- (useful against other melee, but hard to get the int for)
Vengeance - Curse on Hit - Temporal Chains - Enfeeble

Gear

This will be your go to weapon when youre just starting out. It has excellent pDPS and it is a bargain! most it goes for is 1 chaos.

This is a weapon I was lucky to find on poe.trade for 10 chaos. I havent found anything close to it since. This baby increased my DPS of heavy strike by about 1200 from using Geofri's Baptism. This is your biggest upgrade in terms of DPS.

If you have extra currency just burning a hole in your pocket, you can try and craft a 6L Brass Maul. After burning around 8 Exa on it, I would not recommend doing this unless you're willing to compromise and not go for a perfectly rolled one. In my case, I will be crafting attack speed and block chance reduction which should help out immensely against facebreaker builds and others that get around 55% block. In the end I will lose out on a bunch of DPS when i finish this craft but hopefully the block chance reduction and the extra socket for weapon ele damage will make up for it.

I would consider this an almost best in slot for a 5 link. It has a decent amount of armour, a top tier life roll and high lightning resist. If it wasnt master crafted we could get another resist, but that would be wayyy more than 2 exa. A second 5 link is only semi important, so I would say prioritize the stats over the links if your weapon is already 5 linked.

I bought this for 3 chaos on poe.trade a few weeks ago. It has okay armour, great life and 2 mediocre resists. Prioritize resists and high life over armour.

Again these boots were super cheap. They are pretty mediocre again, but do have top movement speed and life. I'd recommend getting the extra dex/int we need for our skills on your boots!!

Really good and easy to get. I bet you could get a rare that would be better, but it would have to be perfectly rolled.

I'm missing increased phys damage but these are pretty good. It's on the wrong base though, always try and get an armour base if possible but obviously the stats are much more important.

I would say these two and my chest are my best pieces. The minus mana cost of skills is huge considering we are running both hatred and hearld of ash. I have very little unreserved mana. Also the added phys brings a couple hundred dps to the table.

I havent found a decent amulet, but we do need the dex/int on this as well. I'm currently just using eye of chayula which isnt always necessary. But try and find stats that are similar to those of the rings.

Stats

Will post screenshots soon

Gameplay

Will go into detail soon

Credits: Copied template for this thread from Stilgar's Puncture Trap, Tornado Shot Shadow guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info