Is it safe to use Ping Boosters?

Last 2 days I was having weird ping issues, I usually get 60-80 but for some reason my ping jumped to 130-140 sometimes spiking to 200. And this also introduced a lot of desyncs. Restarded router, got in touch with my ISP but nothing has changed so as a desperation move I looked up some softwares. Found a decent one, and it somehow really worked. My ping is now back to 60 if I use that program, it jumps back to 140 if I turn it off.

But I was wondering if this is something completely safe/legal/not considered as a hack?
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
I don't think it breaks anything in the ToS to use something like this.

As for it working or not, it depends on what it dose, and so far most of the stuff i've seen like leatixs don't actually work, a VPN could work but it's doing so by bypassing the hops that are giving you problems, there was also one that made the packets sent bigger and sent less often which would be better in some latency related issues but PoE is very sensitive to packet loss and if any of the big packets get dropped you get more problems.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hi Rockmassif,

I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues. I'd recommend posting your connection information here for us to examine. It may be something that's fixable without relying on third party software.

If you either reply with, or email support@grindinggear.com with the kind of connection you're using (wired or wireless? shared or personal?), the gateway/s you're connecting to, and whether or not switching your antivirus/firewall on or off helps, that should give us a good first impression.

We may need more information later, but I suspect Lagwin1980 is on the right track in suggesting this is a routing issue.

The first thing I'd try would be switching to a different gateway, and seeing if your ping spikes persist. Using a VPN to connect to your regular gateway may also help. In fact, as Lagwin says, that might be what the program you're currently using is doing.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info