Smashing Strikes and Whirling Barrier

Who thought that a 10% chance to occur on something that already has a relatively low chance to occur was a good thing here?

Base block of most staffs are 12-18%. The only Block Nodes for staffs are the 10% where Whirling Barrier is. This is a 22-28% chance to block. A 10% chance of occurring at that will only be a 2.2-2.8%. You have a 2.2-2.8% chance that any time you are hit you will gain a Power Charge out of this.

The same goes for Smashing Strikes. Although Critical Hits are easier to get as there's plenty of critical nodes to at least get 30% and up, the same applies that this is a 3%-4% chance when you attack that you will ever generate an Endurance Charge.

The chances are so low that they aren't a reliable source of charges and therefore may as well not exist.

Since this is Staves we're talking about, the damage you deal is slow and heavy, so i don't expect many critical attacks to go off in order to build of a lot of "critical hits" for this to proc against groups of enemies in order to build Endurance Charges. At the same time, if you're killing effectively, you aren't going to be blocking all that much either, which as a staff user, i don't think you'd want to be relying on "block" as there isn't much block for them to build on.

Please increase the % chance of this occurring for both of these passives. Even 50% seems like it wouldn't be enough. Might be better to not base them off of Crit and Block to begin with. I mean I could see that Whirling Barrier granting Power Charges in order for Smashing Strikes to build Endurance Charge which helps you tank better in order to build Power Charges, etc, but 10% is impractical.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on Jan 18, 2015, 8:22:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info