[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

BEST POSSIBLE THEORETICAL GEAR - Elemental Spec
Imperial Claw (Rare)
Prefix Suffix
36% Weapon Ele Dmg 27% Attack Speed
5-115 Lightning Dmg 38% Critical Chance
30-72 Fire Dmg 38% Critical Multiplier

Helm, Alpha's (Unique)
Prefix Suffix
30% Cold Resistance

Chest, Belly of the Beast (Unique)
Prefix Suffix
Max HP + 40% All Resist +12%

Boots, Armor / Eva (Rare) VAAL'd - 5% Move Speed
Prefix Suffix
Move Speed 30% 30% Chaos Res
89 HP 45 Res
Armor / Eva / Stun Recovery 45 Res

HP Belt(Rare)
Prefix Suffix
99 HP 30% Chaos Resist
36% Weapon Ele Dmg 45 Res
400 Armor 45 Res

Gloves, Armor / Eva (Rare) VAAL'd - Ele Weakness on Hit
Prefix Suffix
89 Hp 16% Attack Speed
1-34 Light Dmg 30% Chaos Resist
9-22 Cold Dmg 45% Res (Haku)

Amulet, (Rare) Vaal'd - Additional Curse
Prefix Suffix
79 HP 16 All Resists
36 Weapon Ele Dmg 38% Critical Chance
3-72 Lightning Damage 45% Resist

Ring 1 HP (Rare)
Prefix Suffix
79 HP 16 All Resist
36% Weapon Ele Dmg 20 All Attributes
3-72 Lightning Dmg 45 Resist

Ring 2 HP (Rare)
Prefix Suffix
79 HP 16 All Resist
36% Weapon Ele Dmg 20 All Attributes
3-72 Lightning Dmg 45 Resist
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
"
YeahPete wrote:
"
Wish YOU knew how armor works. If you don't stack evasion, how can you expect to evade attacks? Same with armour. So sick and tired of this old myth perpetrated by uneducated players.

Facetanking ambrius with abyssus on with 47k armor pregranite ... you go do that with your 'exponential defenses' and let me know how it goes.

Now I've seen it all folks a guy from STANDARD insulting my build.
Running around in circles is not facetanking.
Link real facetank video without running in circles like a bitch and then get back with me.
I love how the video says it's a HC char but when I check out the build/items it clearly says STANDARD. You see I am alive and well in "Tempest league" and when I get a high enough level you will see all that shit armor is useless against any type of elemental damage.
Next, the cost of that 6-L Astral Plate alone is worth more than every item in my build combined.
I wish I could afford gear like that but my build still accomplishes much without investing hundreds of hours into the game.
There are more damage types than physical that exist in this game. 47k Armour = overkill period.
Corrupted blood, Chaos Dmg, elemental dmg + shocked ground = RIP.

Oh, he RIPPED? Exactly why I state in my build it isn't worth it to invest in armor. [Removed by Support] Karma is a bitch isn't it?

In my build, on 72 maps, I facetank EVERY BEYOND BOSS. I can stand there, in a single spot eat there damage and tear them to shreds while everyone in my party runs in circles. Go do that with your 47k armor. Oh, it won't happen w/o all that hp.

PS. I am reworking my build due to the mechanic changes in 2.0 since more physical and I have something up my sleeve but will be crunching the numbers and ARMOR isn't the solution. Something I won't do is insult other peoples builds in there own threads. My build is good and effective but it must evolve with the mechanic changes that WEREN'T MENTIONED IN PATCH NOTES. I had to figure this shit out myself and yes, this causes things to change.

Mad cuz schooled in mechanics?

you will see all that shit armor is useless against any type of elemental damage.

Armor is not supposed to help vs elemental damage LOL. He rushed in like an idiot to -max res and shock ground and volatile stormblood, it would have happened to you too cuz you have less hp, and dodge / block / eva dont work on explosions. Neither does fortify.

In my build, on 72 maps, I facetank EVERY BEYOND BOSS. I can stand there,
in a single spot eat there damage and tear them to shreds while everyone in my party runs in circles.

Your highest boss video on the first page is merc brutus ... and you show cruel boss fights as if they are some achievement LOOOOOOL ... just saying. Stop projecting fantasies.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Aug 8, 2015, 3:25:20 AM
Pete maybe evasion is good but how most folks dies on HC?
They died because of spike damage and evasions only make this spikes bigger. Armor give you time for reaction. If you get hit for 90% HP as armour user you can use flask and survive. If you go eva you will evade 3 maybe even 4 hits like this but fifth will be inst kill because you will loss 100 not 90% hp.

In this league I 1st time make full range evasion build and men, spikes are huge. Im lvl 76 (PrzeketyMichal) and starting make new character.
Last edited by pijanapanda on Aug 8, 2015, 4:41:21 AM
"
Mad cuz schooled in mechanics?
I'm the one whose alive. I'm mad cuz some moron tries to jack my thread spouting nonsense.

"
Armor is not supposed to help vs elemental damage LOL. He rushed in like an idiot to -max res and shock ground and volatile stormblood, it would have happened to you too cuz you have less hp, and dodge / block / eva dont work on explosions. Neither does fortify.
Dude you don't understand. Phase acrobatics does work against explosions. And you never stand on shocked ground in a shocked ground map and whose to say I wouldn't survive that he could have missed surviving that by 1 hp.

"
Your highest boss video on the first page is merc brutus ... and you show cruel boss fights as if they are some achievement LOOOOOOL ... just saying. Stop projecting fantasies.
First I have a video of an alched 77 Shrine map. I can't video 24/7 and I don't get much play time to get far into the game.

You missed my comment where it said
"
"If you have specific video requests please let me know and I'll work on it."
You know right above the huge list of videos. And in previous league I have a video of shrine map.
Newest videos are at the top of the list." If you have a video request make it and stop insulting. And I can only make videos of where I am and I only have 4 72 Maps ATM.

"
Pete maybe evasion is good but how most folks dies on HC?
Most folks die from spell damage exactly like the guy and his 47k armor.

"
They died because of spike damage and evasions only make this spikes bigger.
Whose they? ANd who said anything about evasion? I am using Fortify, Enfeeble, Endurance Charges, and Arctic Armour.

"
If you get hit for 90% HP as armour user you can use flask and survive. If you go eva you will evade 3 maybe even 4 hits like this but fifth will be inst kill because you will loss 100 not 90% hp.
That applies to physical damage only. HOw about 4 guys popping discharge at the same time which armor does absolutly nothing for and thats how people die. ANd corrupted blood. Want to know what saves you? Stacked HP and fast leech.

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Last edited by YeahPete on Aug 8, 2015, 9:57:28 AM
Just wanted to say that your build is incredible. Don't listen to idiots. With a 6L my damage is really high and the survivability is great (5.9k life) until very hard rolled maps lv76+. I got to lv 88 on Warbands. I tried your build because most builds made for standard are all super squishy, take ridiculously expensive gear and you still can't survive for shit. I'm going for a new build though because getting maps lv 75+ is impossible. I bought 8 lv75 maps and I couldn't sustain my map pool.

Btw, I'm not sure why you say that GMP doesn't add much with a 6L. If x is your damage per projectile and you do x*3 damage normally then with GMP you do x*7*(1-.26)=5.18*x. So you do in total (5.18/3 = 1.72) 72% more damage. It's huge, I noticed a big difference in maps. I got a 6L with 100 life, dual res for 3.5ex in warbands, it has only 200 armor and evasion though.
The build works like a charm so far. Any how, I didnt see much int on your gear or tree but you are still able to level both auras to lvl 19. Any tip on keeping up int requirement for them?
Pete you just ignore some facts.
Armour users also got fortify, enfeeble and endu charges (most of time at last 5). AA is also available. Of Course don't forget about shield/DW block. In ancalagon3000 build you can easy get 50 block chanse and 25 spell block only with Lazhwar.
Its give you basicly all benefits from your defence strategi and much more.
But don't get me wrong. I really like your guide and wish you luck with this build.
"
Just wanted to say that your build is incredible. Don't listen to idiots
Thanks

"
I bought 8 lv75 maps and I couldn't sustain my map pool.
Yeah It's a pain. I usually wait until I have > 12 maps of the next level before I even start those maps so I don't run out.

"
Btw, I'm not sure why you say that GMP doesn't add much with a 6L. If x is your damage per projectile and you do x*3 damage normally then with GMP you do x*7*(1-.26)=5.18*x. So you do in total (5.18/3 = 1.72) 72% more damage. It's huge, I noticed a big difference in maps. I got a 6L with 100 life, dual res for 3.5ex in warbands, it has only 200 armor and evasion though.
GMP definately does more dmg but I figured critical chance because of wanting to keep specialized flasks filled for very hard areas.

"
The build works like a charm so far. Any how, I didnt see much int on your gear or tree but you are still able to level both auras to lvl 19. Any tip on keeping up int requirement for them?
If you check my gear you see that my amulet is Onyx and I also Master crafted +25 Intel into it. So thats a bunch of intel right there. I also grabbed a single +30 intel node. When you switch to the templar side of the tree you gain alot more intel.

"
Armour users also got fortify, enfeeble and endu charges (most of time at last 5). AA is also available
Good for them.

"
Of Course don't forget about shield/DW block. In ancalagon3000 build you can easy get 50 block chanse and 25 spell block only with Lazhwar.
You missed my point dude. Yes you can get your 50 block and stone of Lazhar. That decreases your hp. Thats what I've been syaing this WHOLE time. ALl those points just to reduce a single type of damage (physical). Then u go and get 1 shotted by a volitile monster on shocked ground. It is not needed.

"
Its give you basicly all benefits from your defence strategi and much more.
Much more physical reduction at the cost of real HP. SO it's not beneficial at all unless you can afford 6 stat gear and If I did I would get stun reduction not armor.

"
I really like your guide and wish you luck with this build.
Thanks.

My Guides
any one made a 78+ map with this build is it tanky enought?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
any one made a 78+ map with this build is it tanky enought?!
It can do it, but takes a bit better gear. It takes a hundred hours of mapping to even get to 78 maps. By then you will have many exalts to buy much better weapons like doryani for an offhand and more powerful gloves.

I chained lvls 71-73 Zana Missions yesterday. Everyone else stayed in a big group. I whirled ahead and did the whole missions myself about 3 times. Full 6 man Party.

My Guides
Last edited by YeahPete on Aug 9, 2015, 5:29:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info