[2.0] YeahPete's Hardcore Elemental Molten Striker | custom Loot Filter | Affordable

Static strike is similar to wildstrike.
it again is aoe explosion.
its a RED gem. no projectiles. LMP/GMP and point blank are out.
its delayed aoe damage again, forces you to stand still and tank more, to deal damage.
no shotgun effect.

Wiki estimates a "human sized" target takes on average 1.3 of molten strikes projectiles, per swing.
A large target like dominus/100ft shadow etc are taking 2 or even 3 projectiles. As well as "on hit effects".
Static strike would also be, Static strike, MS, weapon elem, blood magic, faster attacks. With innervate or reduced duration as 6th likely.

The shock effect and innervates onslaught would be big dps. but, at the cost of mobility. and, likely also just be compensation for loss of point blank. Wild strike has elem equilibruim for a big passive, dps increase. not sure if theres a good passive for it.

Celestial punishment? actually, why doesn't all his elem builds have that? remove the jewel/crit passives here and there.
"
Molten Strike
This skill was made for life on hit and elemental. Every molten ball is AOE and can hit multiple enemies. Throw in Point blank and now each ball does 60% of weapon damage and can hit multiple enemies without any support gems! It may take a second to hit the ground but it's damage is unsurpassed. Tooltip damage should be doubled for the balls damage, and at 180% for GMP

This might be better expanded explaining just how Molten strike works. Might be useful for why its used here, and why others are not. And if you do choose to swap it out, how you will need to compensate.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Strike
Molten strike has two parts on attack. A direct melee strike, and it also casts 3 projectiles at the same time.
The firsts important part is to understand the two are not directly connected.
The projectiles do not do 40% less damage of the direct attack. they each calculate a separate 40% less, of the 120% of base damage.
Melee physical damage will buff the direct attack, but NOT the projectiles, because they are projectiles, not melee attacks.
This is also why GMP and LMP do not reduce the direct attacks damage.
+melee weapon damage however WILL buff the projectile damage. as that is buffing the weapon, and the projectile IS based off weapon damage.

and of course each projectile landing counts as its own "life on hit"

Str does NOT apply to molten strike's projectiles normally. "iron grip"?
Petes guide lists 244-254 str at "end game".
And he takes almost no +physical damage nodes.

1% melee str per 5str, thats 49-51% phys damage from str.
Pretty sure Iron Grip Support would be a huge dps increase for him, well over GMP, or even faster attacks.
Hey Again. Is reflect ever a problem for you?
"
A little confused by the gem setup. In the gear section you have a different gem setup, then in the gem setup section you list different gems, then in your advice section the gems are different.

You have listed a lot of combinations, and perhaps they are all good, but could you clarify? Thanks.
ALl the setups work pretty well, but I use what I can at the beginning. I believe the actual build text shows the best possible scenario. In real life however you don't always get the colors you want and I ran out of chromes. I threw in what I could. Thanks I updated that section

"
1. What is your opinion about Aspect of the Panther instead of Berserking?
The trade off is 4% less attack speed for 4% movement speed, +10 maximum life and 16% psychical damage (wich is not really needed but still a bit of a bonus). Also i can grab these nodes earlier than Berserking.
You could go for it. I overlooked that a bit. That might be something to grab before we head to the templar tree. I guess best option would be test the three nodes against each other and see what gives more dps, those would definately help w/ a physical weapon though. Good eye!

"
2. Are 2 jewel slots better than Force of Nature (+34% increased elemental damage with weapons)?
I think so. w/ 2 jewels you get 20 attack speed + 14% maxhp + resists (friggin huge). Force of nature you get 8.5% ee damage per spec. I don't recommend specing if it's under 10% ele dmg per slot.

"
3. Do you recommend Ice Bite support gem or Blood Rage to gain frenzy charges?
Blood Rage

"
4. What is the priority during leveling, crit chance/multipliers, attack speed or elemental damage nodes to grab first?
HHP, Resists, Attack Speed, Ele dmg, crit is last and does the least additive damage. Although the ele nodes do slightly more damage, I feel the smoothness the speed nodes give you results in faster clear speed especially when using whirling blades to travel from pack to pack.

"
Note: I use Frost Blades AND Wild Strike (both without any added Fork/Chain/LMP etc to avoid damage reduction) combined to clear packs and it works like charm. The different methods for AOE damage needs a bit of attention but also grants nice clearing speed if used well.
If you want to use wild strike. I found this interesting gem:
A single weapon: + all es gear. Maybe you can drop acrobatics and go all energy shield and hp the same and spec hybrid. Food for thought.

"
Hi, i like your build very much, but i don't like your main attackl& i want to try something new in 2.0. Can i use Wild Strike gem with same gem setup and build? What do you think about this gem? I even thinked about frost blades (with chain), but i think it's another build. So what about thoose gems (WS and FB) ?
I think those are better off w/ life leech gem and dagger crit build.

"
have you consider using static strike instead of molten strike
The mechanics of static strike to not support life on hit as well as molten strike.

"
Hey Again. Is reflect ever a problem for you?
Nope. And now it will be even less of an isse with the greater life on hit in this new league. I was able to do reflect mobs in reflect maps. Just might have to flask on double reflect. single reflect no problem even at 29k tooltop dps.

Thanks for all the great feedback. Definately got me thinking. My brain hurts a bit now. Also... Jewels. Wow the potential. I may change the passive tree to include more jewels. I'm also suspecting that jewels will drop in price as the market gets saturated.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Jul 20, 2015, 11:30:01 PM
Hi, question for bandit, why did you choose the attack speed over the physical damage on cruel? My current weapon dont have a lot of life on hit/life leech and i die very often, should i take the gem to get more life leech?
Today i started with this build and i can say that Frost Blades are good for AoE, even better then MS (MS still is better for single target). So why not Frost Blades with same setup? It is projectile, so PB still needed, it's safer then Molthen Strike (Because of extra range and freezing enemies). Why not?
"
Hi, question for bandit, why did you choose the attack speed over the physical damage on cruel?
We are not doing physical damage. We do mostly elemental damage. Physical damage is weapon dependent while elemental is not. W/ Attack speed you attack, leech, and move around faster with whirling blades.

"
So why not Frost Blades with same setup?

Frost blades probably is better at clearing trash mobs if you have weapons waiting for you. This is a new league build and molten strike easily does double the damage of those other skills. Molten strike also hits more often resulting in additional life on hit. A single aoe ball of molten strike can hit 3 enemies. W/ GMP you have 5 balls and if you whirl into the center of a pack, that is 15 hits per swing of your weapon and 150 hits per second, your life will instantly be recovered as long as the balls are dropping, not the case w/ ice blades. I think ice blades is for CoC.

I thought I saw a post that someone said they were dieing.
If this is the case post your level, gear, and hp. You really shouldn't die if you've followed my guide, your likely missing something.

I also posted a few quick videos of passive tree, gems, and gear selection.
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Last edited by YeahPete on Jul 21, 2015, 7:28:29 AM
thanks for the answer i will choose attack speed. For cast on damage taken, do you lvl them everytime you can or do you stop lvling them to keep the damage taken as low as possible?
i posted on a video, however this may be faster to get a response. IF your auras are taking up 100% of mana, how can your Cast When Damage Taken Skills( i.e enfeeble, elemental weakness, fire golem, and blood rage) be used if they are not linked with a blodd magic gem?

PS i really like this build so far im only lvl 47 and have only died a few times due to weak gear, however its fun watching everyone die around you during a boss fight while you just stare in his eyes stealing life :)
Last edited by Blindkenshi on Jul 21, 2015, 4:51:41 PM
I was just thinking yesterday about Es on hit... and then I see that jool lol. .If you could it high enough you would open up some other ways to build this spec. Cool stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info