Community Showcase #2 and Patch News

"Beat RNG in the Real Life league by making an Exalted Orb" by Meronomus
This real life Exalted Orb was sculpted from clay and took around three hours to make. Meronomus improvised the facial positioning working from one specific view that would resemble the in-game render the most. After that, he hollowed out the ball of clay by cutting one of the faces off. He then fired it up to solidify it. To do this, he poked holes in the nostrils for air holes to avoid it shattering with the heat. He then painted it pure gold and mixed a small amount of brown, bronze, black, white and yellow to give it the aged look it has in-game. Awesome job!

"Blood and Life (and other short stories)" - Fan Fiction by Frostbites
The new Community Showcase thread is going well and has already borne fruit in the form of Fan Fiction. Frostbites has submitted several well-written entries describing various elements of the Wraeclast experience. We found them really compelling.

"Tormented Tales" Comic by Gallio
This comic by Gallio is a brief quip about the mishaps of dealing with spirits in the Torment league.

"Lemon Challenge for 3,500 followers" by KoreanGamer
To celebrate 3,500 followers on his Twitch channel, KoreanGamer opted to eat a whole lemon for his viewers. He covers a whole spectrum of humorous facial expressions during this video. It's great to see how far our community streamers will go to entertain their viewers. You can check it out here.

If you would like to submit your work to share with others and be considered for future Community Showcase posts, please post your work here.
Last edited by Chris on Jan 15, 2015, 9:58:26 PM
Thanks, Bex!

Some extra news from me:
  • We've just deployed patch 1.3.0j. Check out its patch notes here.
  • We're expecting to deploy patch 1.3.0k next week, which includes a cool microtransaction for Issue #3 of the digital comic, as well as more bug fixes!
  • The PvP invitational events are this weekend - I'll be posting more news about how they work tomorrow.
  • The larger 1.3.1 patch (Hall of Grandmasters, new uniques, etc, etc) is due in approximately two weeks
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jan 15, 2015, 10:16:58 PM
Nice job to the contributors. Also, looking forward to the 1.3.1 patch.
Last edited by borlur on Jan 15, 2015, 10:03:42 PM
Yay for bug fixes.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
OMG !
King of Scrubcore Hah
twitch.tv/k0reangamer
cute ex
Patch 1.3.1 HYPE!!!!
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Very nice, thanks!
Stunning things the guys come up with.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
nais
Completed 8/8 Challenges Ons/Ana
8/8 Challenges Nem/Dom #1 Templar Nem/Dom
6/8 Challenges Invasion/Ambush #1 Templar 2 Week Race
8/8 Challenges Beyond/Rampage & Bloodlines/Torment #1 Templar BL (lvl100)
IGN: BeerBeastTheBurninator | 8/8 Temp/Warb | 32/32 TalismanHC | 40/40 PerandusHC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info