Should you receive points on death for Signature Races?

"Who dares wins... Or rips."

No, and it still befuddles me that there are still race formats which award points even on character death. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

No, and it still befuddles me that there are still race formats which award points even on character death. ='[.]'=

That is irrelevant, we've crossed the rubicon and the cats out of the bag and you cant put the genie back in the bottle.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

That is irrelevant, we've crossed the rubicon and the cats out of the bag and you cant put the genie back in the bottle.

Much like how some races don't give points on death.

Really walked into that one, didn't you?
"
SlixSC wrote:
I think the real issue is that the point system in general is deeply flawed. Season points don't actually reflect skill/effort.

this is why i mentioned chess and it's point system, other sports like tennis also award points for losses and i think it's to reflect actual skill.

deaths in season 9 and 10 are even more punishing than they were in previous seasons because the reward points were not adjusted for the shorter season.

a rework of the point system could be a fix.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
It takes them weeks to fix a simple page that shows sig records. They're not reworking shit.
"
boof wrote:
It takes them weeks to fix a simple page that shows sig records. They're not reworking shit.

its not fixed that i see.

Probably everyone was busy doing stuff for PvP. Gotta send the entire team on that.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
boof wrote:

its not fixed that i see.

Probably everyone was busy doing stuff for PvP. Gotta send the entire team on that.

I find it funny that racing has been a bigger deal than PvP for as long as I can remember until 1.3.0 when GGG made PvP a thing. How big is the PvP community compared to the Race community anyway?

On topic: As a casual racer, I hate it when I die in a non-Descent race and my effort meant nothing. I feel that vanilla races should at least give points for level and objectives if you die, but not Top 20 placement. You also would not be able to win a Demi or set a Signature record with a dead character.
In my opinion, it would not be ridiculous to say that points not being rewarded on death turns a lot of players away from racing.

I feel bad for all the new racers that try it once, get to a decent level, die, realize they don't get anything and then turn away.

I know I had that feeling before when I tried racing many seasons ago for the first time, only to come back in Season 9 and really put effort into it.
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:

I know I had that feeling before when I tried racing many seasons ago for the first time, only to come back in Season 9 and really put effort into it.

what made you want to put the effort in?

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info