Devourers, what makes their current state justified?

Only once have i died to them and that was a clusterfuck of rares(which was fun)

As for justification, do you die to them if yes then they are justified
Do you die to them all the time? if yes then lean to play
Only if they were non entities with absolutely no danger to them would they need reworking.

So suck it up cupcakes, you think they are bad?...wait for act 4 with all the new monsters that people will be screaming about till they are blue in the face about how badly they need nerfed
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Only once have i died to them and that was a clusterfuck of rares(which was fun)

As for justification, do you die to them if yes then they are justified
Do you die to them all the time? if yes then lean to play
Only if they were non entities with absolutely no danger to them would they need reworking.

So suck it up cupcakes, you think they are bad?...wait for act 4 with all the new monsters that people will be screaming about till they are blue in the face about how badly they need nerfed

I cant wait for flying monsters that come crashing down on unsuspecting players!^^
"
Barivius wrote:
How in the hell is a level 78 character dying to Devourers in an unmodified map?

Read his post again. If you take all the crit nodes before all the life nodes devourers will stun and kill you.

Seriously people. There are tons and tons of players who deal with them on HC on a regular basis with no problems at all.

But go figure. More then once have heard/read something like this: "the current meta of poe is, kill it before it kills you"

If you have fun playling like this. Fine, but stop bitching about devourers and loose your exp like a man.
Last edited by crashdown on Jan 25, 2015, 10:51:49 AM
"
crashdown wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
How in the hell is a level 78 character dying to Devourers in an unmodified map?

Read his post again. If you take all the crit nodes before all the life nodes devourers will stun and kill you.

Seriously people. There are tons and tons of players who deal with them on HC on a regular basis with no problems at all.

But go figure. More then once have heard/read something like this: "the current meta of poe is, kill it before it kills you"

If you have fun playling like this. Fine, but stop bitching about devourers and loose your exp like a man.

People play a game where its killed or be killed. Then they complain about the be killed part.
"
Barivius wrote:

Well.. almost 3.500hp (not so much i know, but i'm farming better gear to achieve 4k+ and, in 2 levels more, i will have taken ALL hp nodes in templar, witch and shadow area.. now i miss only the 2 +4% life/chaos res in templar area) and IC.. cannot save you from a burst of damage that you can't see coming. I have decent reflexes but i cannot avoid the damage from mobs that pops under me when i am running!!! Just imagine the scene: you are not static, you keep moving for passing frome one mobs pack (already slayed) to the next zone, and.. suddenly you cannot run no more, because you are already surrounded by all sides by 5 devourers.

They have not insta gibbed me, oh no. The problem with them is that, even if you -like me- are the 5234589696 person wich uses cwdt+ic (hooooray variety, eh GGG? ;) ), unless you run with IC permanently up, they will make you drain your flasks at one point (because their resurfacing attack is unavoidable manually, and is this that slowly "kills" you, because IC it's not up yet), and then you are finished
Untainted Paradise could be filled with only devourers and I wouldn't die.

You are 12 levels higher than them. They have no mods. Don't stand still and you'll be good.

These aren't bloodline devourers popping up in a yellow Courtyard.
"
Barivius wrote:
Untainted Paradise could be filled with only devourers and I wouldn't die.

You are 12 levels higher than them. They have no mods. Don't stand still and you'll be good.

These aren't bloodline devourers popping up in a yellow Courtyard.

Maybe you use an IC that lasts longer than mine (i'm still working on it), but remains the fact that i keep running all the time. And all of a sudden, in the middle of a run in a total open space, i have "hitted" a wall made of devourers. I'm not the only one that complains about their unavoidable damage. And i'll tell more: to some people, these beasts even bypass IC

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1148856/page/1
So to summarize this thread:

People who have problems with Devourers: Devourers are stupid in this game, they break the "easy to avoid hard hitting/hard to avoid light hitting" paradigm, and their damage calculation is bugged all to hell.

People who never have problems with Devourers: lol you just have to do x, y, and z to not die to them.

Seriously people: Just because people are citing situations in which they were killed by devouerers doesn't mean the point of the thread is all about "devouerers kill me therefore they suck!". There's a laundry list of bugs, inconsistencies, and general stupidness associated with devouerers. Even if you never once died to them it doesn't change the fact that they are easily the worst-designed and worst-programmed mob in the game; their presence detracts from the whole experience.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Huh I should of just made my map pure devourers only.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Barivius wrote:

Like, seriously.

I actually quite like we convinced GGG Devourers are the worst monsters in the game. Every time they want to make something hard, they'll now go to Devourers instead of much harder monsters. Win for the players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info