Devourers, what makes their current state justified?

Also what about evasion? I believe the bug with devous attack makes them totally bypass the entropy system that the evasion is based on.

Ie, against normal mobs, when your character has high evasion compared to mobs accuracy you will not get hit multiple times in a row or in another word due to increasing that entropy per hit taken you can't get a unlucky streak.

however, If deouv's attack is pre calculated, it will roll based on ur initial base evasion, and the entropy factor won't increase after each hit.

Hence if they all start their attack at the same time, it's possible to get hit times more than is intended because the entropy doesn't work and you always roll the dice with minimum evasion.

It's just pure speculation, but I'm really curious to know if that's the case because, once, I lost a character to devous from a box with grace (5k evasion , 15k with jade flask) aura on and cwdt setup from 7.2k ES in only one round of hits in 75 map and it seemed I got hit by everyone of them.

p.s The reason I opened the box was I was always freezing whatever comes out of the box everytime; but this time they were plink deouvs and u can't freeze them.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Jan 23, 2015, 10:27:11 PM
come to think of it, what can i do against a pack of bond of chaos devourers if they pop ontop of you? getting hit with the pop dmg and then chaos dmg soon after.
"
mazul wrote:
"
StumpyJoe wrote:
"
Meridin wrote:
For anyone who thinks Immortal Call and Granite Flasks will save you: http://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/v/3683762

You'll see him die with both Granite and Immortal Call up, so current theory is that devourer damage is calculated before they pop-up. So unless you walk around with your Granite/Immortal on 24/7... rip.

Seems broken to me. No wonder players are turned-off by this game's niche difficulty spikes.

This is basically what it looked like when I died to them the one time I have ever died in HC.

I guess the counter play is to be immune to physical damage for the whole map.

The counter play is to identify what monster types exist on the map, then if you have deduced that devourers exists on the map, you use scouts like decoy totem to lure them out.

Decoy totems will not lure them out of the ground. Once they have popped out of the ground, decoys are semi successful in distracting the devourers.

I can't throw on enough run speed and have enough survival to outrun them, but their underground movement speed is

HOKEY.

Seriously, their size and move speed make me think that if someone could figure out how to put some seats on them we'd have a combination of

this,

and this,

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Don't hope for nerf, they are not called dev's horror for nothing ;)
I actually like them..

Spoiler
My 90 Templar has died 5 times since 80
1 Beyond-pack with minor desync(i was propably stunned while trying to run away)
1 suicide(clicked unid'd box-> ice nova (probably would have survived with quicksilver,but i just froze, lol)
1 stunlockdeath with blue shieldchargers on a vulnerability map
2x blue devouers
d:-D*
"
Meridin wrote:
For anyone who thinks Immortal Call and Granite Flasks will save you: http://www.twitch.tv/zenocidegenius/v/3683762

You'll see him die with both Granite and Immortal Call up, so current theory is that devourer damage is calculated before they pop-up. So unless you walk around with your Granite/Immortal on 24/7... rip.

Seems broken to me. No wonder players are turned-off by this game's niche difficulty spikes.

They are literally standing around with their pants down waiting for devourers to rape them. What did they expect to happen?

Devourers in map (or even animals, which often means devourers spawn as well) = stay on the move. L2P scrubs srsly.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Cyclone can kill every devour with no problem .
It kills people. Pretty sure that's what GGG had in mind.
Dem metal chickens
Devourers are the worst shit in this game. I have ripped just 5 minutes ago by them.

Finally Zana has given me Untainted paradise, and i was so happy of the +380% exp and i was proceeding well towards lvl 78 (94% exp). Then all of a sudden, these pieces of crap pop out from nowhere in a perferct circle around me, surronding me in a group of FIVE (4 whites and a yellow one). Their "sure hit" on popping out (they have NOT hitted me with claws i'm sure, it's their resurfacing that hits!!!) is the worst crap i have ever seen in 31 years of video games passion. Smashing flasks buttons like a mad and 3 sec immortal call have saved me once. I runned away like a chicken, hoping to go experiencing in another zone of the isle and achieving level 78 (after this, i would have not minded dying, i swear)..

Well those bastards keeps popping out all at once even if i runned away for miles!!! Again.. SURE HIT, flasks.. immortal call. I didn't stand a chance because their attacks seems unavoidables and, even with 90% crit chance of my ice spear and surgeon flasks, i had not the time to recharge the potions!!

Then i decided, at half HP, to log out. I relog and.. 10% exp equally gone!!! I have not returned to the map, leaving that fantastic exp gaining place, only for those crap devourers!

I am the 1322532298665374904 person who complains about them.. so GGG, don't you think that it's time to rework them?
How in the hell is a level 78 character dying to Devourers in an unmodified map?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info