PvP Invitational Standings, State of Exile Podcast and Challenge Completion Update

i cant understand why people dont think that given pvp only gear is the best way to solve the problem with pvp.
In descent champions all have at the beginning the same choises. And it works great.

if every player who is killed drops some items for the winner, then it will be the same as now. The better get better.
But every new pvp leage all have the same chances. So they can think about builds with the given items and perhaps some nice idee is then op.
"
i cant understand why people dont think that given pvp only gear is the best way to solve the problem with pvp.
In descent champions all have at the beginning the same choises. And it works great.

if every player who is killed drops some items for the winner, then it will be the same as now. The better get better.
But every new pvp leage all have the same chances. So they can think about builds with the given items and perhaps some nice idee is then op.

+1

no uniques no legacy
"
2i0 wrote:
and again people still debating about turn PoE into a MOBA PvP based instead of debate about skill balance, wonder why? Because they not even explored PvP at all in this game and come here to discourage others and spam their disapproval.

confirmed
While I understand 2iO's perspective, I'd say it's a bit more like lot of people like me who have never PVPed come to threads like this and say they don't like the current setup so they won't bother PVPing.

It's a statement of fact to say that if PVP remains about use of legacy items, rare and costly corruptions, and a *lot* of grinding time away from my PVE goals then I won't do it. If you're fine with that, and with the very low numbers of participants, then... cool!

... That said, it's also hard to dispute that PVP is clearly not thriving in its current state, even if a few enjoy it.
"
davidnn5 wrote:
While I understand 2iO's perspective, I'd say it's a bit more like lot of people like me who have never PVPed in this game (but in many others) come to threads like this and say they don't like the current setup so they won't bother PVPing.

It's a statement of fact to say that if PVP remains about use of legacy items, rare and costly corruptions, and a *lot* of grinding time away from my PVE goals then I won't do it. If you're fine with that, and with the very low numbers of participants, then... cool!

+1 (bold is mine)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Jan 13, 2015, 9:17:58 PM
Being an ARPG, grinding is necessary. I was a huge fan of D2 LLDing. If you remember back then top builds were Javelin Throw Barbarian, Charged Strike Amazon, Ethereal BoneSnap Charger Paladin, Shapeshifter Two-Handed Werewolf or Bear (Bear most likely). The items necessary to compete were lowbie unique items/rare stat items, charms, and runes/runewords.

You'd think 10 years later the same model would apply? No, it doesn't because gamers have changed. Hell GGG has catered more to the average gamer since Closed Beta.

The differences I see between now and then is that when HC dueling in D2 if your character was dead it was gone and erased. Gear and charms were traded synonymously as currency, some good blue items had potential to be bought from vendors with Gold. Most importantly it was quicker and easier to achieve said gear. A lot of this has to do with the throw away nature of HC dueling, things just seemed easier to mass up, but the true godly pvpers had grinded for their time consuming gear.

Again I understand ARPGs, I love their grind based sense of achievement, but the average gamer doesn't have time for that shit anymore, nor do they want to.

This tournament has shown its decline, as the player base has dropped by over half since its start.

The solution is to make a preset tourney in each league to coincide with a player geared tourney. That way everyone gets involved, is happy, and potentially it brings new players into the PVP grind madness to build uber characters.

Anyone that complains about that is just way too entitled over some pixels and data.
Last edited by Ridge_Racer on Jan 14, 2015, 12:12:36 AM
"
havoctown wrote:
i think we already who will win

is either lapiz or sidro

lapiz this guy got bis gear with "cannot be evade" sword and using cyclone/molten build (cannot be evade sword hes the only 1 that has it and is kicking all melee ass how is this even fair? to other players especially new comers that can't even get legacy roll phys/acc and now we talking about "cannot be evade"

sidro this guy abusive fp/trapper tc/chill trap build and is still not even nerf or look into (nerf inc?)

Legacy gear is the kind of "feature" you get when you PvP in a PvE game. If players aren't relatively "equal", the fight may not be fair. However, this may be particularly more an issue in the longer duration standard and hardcore leagues. I suspect that PvP in the challenge leagues; however, would comparatively be far more separated from such feature.

Personally, I'd say that if people enjoy PvP, then good for them. I'd be personally more interested in partisipating in tournaments where all gear has to be crafted completely from masters - aka "equal"; but that doesn't mean that everyone would be up for such a thing.

However, for spectating any sport, it's usually seen that one side is favored and another is an underdog, and all these "feaures" are just fine with me. Getting to see a player with a special rare legacy being used is actually, possibly... entertainment.

Which gathers more viewers? A fine game of chess, or the WWE ?

I suspect some day in the future, much like professional wrestling, we could have multiple events to watch, where each event features the different players and rule sets. (level 28 with legacy, high level with legacy, other levels with only master crafted gear... ) And people might watch. People might want the david and goliath fights... and the blood splatter.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Jan 14, 2015, 4:17:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info