PvP Invitational Standings, State of Exile Podcast and Challenge Completion Update

"
pr13st wrote:
I'm on a break from the game atm, but I'm curious, are people really playing PvP?

Not realy, take:

Europe Standard:

SirEdwards (first in EU01-04-STD)
lapiz (first in EU01-27-STD)
Dsfarblarwaggle (first in EU01-50-STD)
Oats_PT (second in EU01-73-STD Swiss)

as an example, the first event had 192 players, the last event 78 players. Sure the people want to play PvP but they can't be bothered to invest all their currency into creating a competitive PvP character.
"
Monstacookie wrote:
Congratz to everyone who qualified! All of you are tough mfers!

P.S. Sidro could you give up one of your spots so I get a chance for an invite too? THANKS!

See? This is the stuff that happens...can't even have guildmates compete. :/
this is essentially a gear check.
IGN TylordRampage
"
"
Chris wrote:
"
I'm still confused why lapiz shows up twice.

EDIT: And Oats_PT and poeacc79 for that matter. And Lordsidro and FreshlyCleaned are the same person.

The American and European invitationals are separate tournaments - they take place on different days. It's possible to gain entry to both. We will probably be changing this rule for Season Two, but that's how it was for Season One.

Really...so rather than allowing more people to participate in the invitationals, you're letting the same person play in more than one? Great, now we get to see 3 people play the same thing twice (and maybe more after the 16 remaining spots are decided.

EDIT: Now I understand why some EU people have been climbing US PvP Ratings ladder, and vice versa. I think we're definitely seeing a few more people in both tournaments. I think this is pretty ridiculous.

the whole pvp events are ridiculous at the moment.

its not the brain who wins its the gear. And thats the problem of whole pvp in poe.

"
DasName wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:
I'm on a break from the game atm, but I'm curious, are people really playing PvP?

Not realy, take:

Europe Standard:

SirEdwards (first in EU01-04-STD)
lapiz (first in EU01-27-STD)
Dsfarblarwaggle (first in EU01-50-STD)
Oats_PT (second in EU01-73-STD Swiss)

as an example, the first event had 192 players, the last event 78 players. Sure the people want to play PvP but they can't be bothered to invest all their currency into creating a competitive PvP character.

Wow if this is correct than ggg gives huge prices for max 200 players of a few millions.

Wow. That really a good idea to promote poe in this way. i thougth there are more then 100000 pvp players.
but 200 ?????
So i hope the 200 players pay ggg for the immense effort they put into pvp.

if its not so sad it could be ridiculous.
This first season pvp is a disaster.

I hope the 2nd season will have imposed gear.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 13, 2015, 8:44:41 AM
I don't play PvP but thank god that PvP exists in PoE. Sure, there is a lot of QQing out there but the PvP QQing is so much fun to read.

How are we able to watch the finals? Is there any stream in the future?
... and is there any stream by lordsidro during events?

PS: ichbinwerichbi ... keep up the good work, i enjoy your QQ the most, it's everywhere. <3 love it!
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
The imposed gear is a ridiculous thing. You cannot punish people for investing in 28 pvp gear (i only agree that -mana rings and multicrafting were a mistake made by ggg but now that's done no more coming back). By same consideration then i should start a new account and have a shavronne/kaom etc. in stash.
Last edited by poeacc79 on Jan 13, 2015, 5:40:47 AM
"
poeacc79 wrote:
The imposed gear is a ridiculous thing. You cannot punish people for investing in 28 pvp gear (i only agree that -mana rings and multicrafting were a mistake made by ggg but now that's done no more coming back). By same consideration then i should start a new account and have a shavronne/kaom etc. in stash.
Most games that are big on pvp do something to make everyone's almost identical. It may only be level 28 this season, but I am sure GGG wants to vary the tournaments in some way later, and the effects of having better gear only get worse as you level your characters further.

GGG is already moving towards it with 'PVP only' gear if you didnt notice, and maybe in the future they will let people have more of it (obviously it will be pvp only too). The main problem they have as opposed to other games is so many things can be done with characters that people will want hugely different types of gear. You might be opposed to it, but if you dont give everyone equal gear (for pvp), it will most probably be like a slaughterhouse for the top 4-5 people while everyone just runs towards them and dies. A model that requires such time investment for gear will just stop new people from joining pvp in poe and it will forevermore be limited to ~200 people like it is now.

A little variation in gear is fine, for example they could have tournaments where you ONLY could use pvp only gear, and getting X season points gave you a gemcutters that can only be used on pvp only gear (ie something that is only gained by doing pvp, and doesnt dramatically make you superior to others). But when you have a kill death ratio of 0:40, its hardly going to be fun enough to get pvp more players.
Next season should be only pre-made pvp chars only with of course many gems in inventory and few items etc, that way it will be balanced and more ppl then 200 will play pvp. Now every new player who click join PVP after being killed 5 times in row never start pvp again. Its ridicoulus you promote only wealthy players in PVP and well im one of wealthy players as well but i will not spend 1k ex just to be competitive in PVP cuase its sick.
GGG wanted to attract more new players to PVP then you need to consider all new players coming are poor - how they can compete?
And all the good players who win first places, they will win offten too after format change, the skills should matters not wealth and they are mostly well skilled so nothing change for them :)
PS : I want to buy most OP build gear, strategy and tactics to win easily top10's - offer 1000 exalts :P

Last edited by Kingoko on Jan 13, 2015, 7:06:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info