Help! CoC, Ele Reflect, Shavronne's and Irene

Hi, I'm not certain if this is the correct forum to ask for help

Story
I have never built a CoC character before and I'm fairly new in this game so I decided to go for a home cooked CoC build utilizing Voll's protector. After many failed build paths and buying over 60 regrets my build now looks like any other CoC build. The main reason for this was the mandatory Vaal Pact node.

With vaal pact and 2% life leech (1% wand + 1% corrupted ammy) I can kill myself to an elemental reflect pack in 0.79 seconds (checked from Nvidia Shadowplay)

I have 3700 life + 600 shield which means I did 130K++ damage in 0.79 seconds. I think I would have still died even if I had the reflexes to understand what is happening and pot during that time.

Breakdown of reflected damage

Damage Dealt (Assumed).: 200000
Reflect : 14%
Resist : 79%
Life Leech : 2%
Vaal Pact Multiplier : 0.4

Total Reflected Damage : 5880
Life leeched : 1600
Damage taken : 4280

Result : very dead

So my solution to this was get a 6L Voll's and throw that dreaded "life leech" gem in the links. Which completely and utterly overcomes the ele reflect problem.

but...

I found Shavronne's wrappings yesterday and suddenly became very greedy.

My current links in 5L Voll's:
Kinetic Blast - CoC - Ice Spear - Arctic Breath - GMP

to sustain the same build with 6L shavs, I need to add power charge on crit to my links, which leaves no room for life leech.

So the question is how does ES/shavs users deal with ele reflect? Is there really a way? I can get some additional aura nodes to go from 79 to 80 resist but that will not change much (I guess) Also again: shavs = pain attunement = 30% more damage = 30% faster death. Is it may be best to keep with 6L volls?
Last edited by kaliXL on Jan 16, 2015, 4:58:13 AM
Use flasks. A single Atziri flask, a Quicksilver and a Saphire, Topaz and Ruby flask should keep you safe. Pop atziri flask + ele flasks, ele reflect is ez (you gain a bunch more leech and more damage is mitigated).

Last time I checked, reflect was 18%.
Reflect mob are 14%. Reflect maps are 18%.
You still take damage with ele flask + atziri but very little (0.14% of your damage). Not 100% safe but manageable.

Other options are to raise your leech:
- acuity (pricey option...)
- warlord's mark
- keep the life leech gem, get your charges elsewhere (assassin's mark)
- keep the life leech gem, remove a spell
- dual wield 1% leech
Or to raise your resists
- flask passives in tree
- purity and aura passives in tree + empower

You need to react for flasks, so you can still miss it and die. For leveling below 90 or 92, it's ok, for above that you can't afford to die, so i'd keep the life leech gem.
"
Reflect mob are 14%. Reflect maps are 18%.
You still take damage with ele flask + atziri but very little (0.14% of your damage). Not 100% safe but manageable.

Other options are to raise your leech:
- acuity (pricey option...)
- warlord's mark
- keep the life leech gem, get your charges elsewhere (assassin's mark)
- keep the life leech gem, remove a spell
- dual wield 1% leech
Or to raise your resists
- flask passives in tree
- purity and aura passives in tree + empower

You need to react for flasks, so you can still miss it and die. For leveling below 90 or 92, it's ok, for above that you can't afford to die, so i'd keep the life leech gem.

Actually it depends.

The best one is a low-life aura stacker, which can get 89% resistance before flasks. With flasks you get 99%. 100% if you use a legacy Saffell's Frame. 18% of 1% is 0.18%. So you only take 0.18% of your damage. Extremely easy to deal with.

Without flasks you'd be taking 18% of ~11%, which is 1.98% reflect. Still easy to manage with a Life Leech support gem, but without Vaal Pact.
I guess the best option is to save for acuity. Also keeping life leech gem + using assasins to gain charges will definitely work. But it is kind of a distrupted mapping experience. (curse the pack before attackin?!?! ewww)

I'm not sure how you get to 89% before flasks but if I could do that I can survive with 3% leech from gear no problem.

89% means you take %0.34 damage after leech with 3% leech ( for 14% reflect monster mod)
or you gain %0.06 life with 4% leech ( for 14%reflect monster mod )

Btw I edited the "damage done - reflected calculation" I'm not sure where I got that 20% reflected number but I'm sure I copied that from somewhere.
"
kaliXL wrote:
I guess the best option is to save for acuity. Also keeping life leech gem + using assasins to gain charges will definitely work. But it is kind of a distrupted mapping experience. (curse the pack before attackin?!?! ewww)

Curse on hit with herald of thunder then.
A bit unreliable but you just need to gain 1 charge every 10s to keep them up. Less if you have charge duration nodes.
Can be an issue on some bosses unless you wreck them fast.
cast on damage taken + warlords mark and herald of thunder linked with curse on hit and warlords mark. You will have to be weary of curse immune maps. Also use the purity auras that match your elements for you and have a resist flask of the right type. Atziri flask also helps as it provides leech.

I dont have a shavs coc build but my life based builds use lightning coil or rare saintly chainmail and never die to reflect using these methods, its a complete non issue for them.
side note

hello snorkle_uk!
i'm the guy, who asked questions about EK on my first char ever. and you logged in to give me some goodies on rampage league :P
your answer about usage of EB helped alot

thanks again!

Curse on Hit -> herald -> warlords mark makes a lot of sense.
So if you guys are certain that this works, it should mechanically work like

Hit -> target cursed -> target takes damage -> target reflects damage
and not
Hit -> target takes damage -> target reflects damage -> target cursed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info