Melee builds...

What are some extremely fun melee builds with good clear speed? Yes, i know "fun" is subjective. Keep in mind I'm playing on bloodlines.
Last edited by Yun on Jan 11, 2015, 3:20:51 PM
Melee builds? Bloodlines? Good clear speeds? Is this a joke?

I mean fun hell, I'd settle for survivable.

[Not trolling, just seriously wondering if I've like completely and totally missed something.]
Survivability is not the problem if you ask me, the problem is clear speed.....
No ideas?
Static strike with Doomsower sword(so good for this build).Use lighting coil+acro+phase acro.Pretty good.Ripped my static striker in bloodlines @ 87 to ele reflect.Was so disapointed because i have really good fun with this build and i havent played melee for a while(ripped so stupid to reflect,i really dont wont talk about it lol).I almost rerolled same build and i NEVER do that,that tells you how much fun i had with it(also i will never understand ppl who play same build in every leauge or after they rip but thats another subject..).Had 6k life 32k static dps,like 37k with taste of hate.Really tanky and really good clear speed.Was doing mostly yolo rare 80+q maps,build can do almost all map mods.

My gear:

Swap gems:

Passive tree:http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B3ASzBbUILgmWFCAWbxcvGY4ZtBo4I_YkqicvKjgs6TBxMHwxnjGwNZI26TkOOkI64TwFPC1Hfkt4TZJN41BHUUdV1lnzZOdlTWaebmlyqXaseA182X11gKSCm4TZhVKHao19jb-QVZd5mjubjZ_fogCjiqZXqW6plKyqrY2vp6_rtfK3Pr02voq-p8AawGbE9sauytPL9c9-037UI9RS1fjYvdlh3L3dqONq5FHnD-oY6wnsOO2D7g7vDu9673zwH_JF9qP3MvrS_gr-j_66

I took vaal pact in my tree just for testing before i died,but i not recomend until you have life leech gem in your static strike setup.Also,use enfeble instead of ele weakness in curse on hit setup,you will be safer from reflect and generally safer.Playstyle:Hit both topaz and taste of hate flask(use granite with extra armor until you buy taste),leap slam into pack and kill everything.With topaz flask up you will be safe from reflect,just dont jump like idiot in huuuuge ele reflect pack.I tanked all unique beyonders even with extra as... dmg mod(never ecounter abaxoth thou).For tough situations(beyonders,otherworhty) just use vaal grace(opieOP).Cheap and very strong build,i recomend it to everyone who wants to play melee in HC.
Cheers!
Last edited by And1111 on Jan 12, 2015, 1:32:03 PM
Thanks a lot, may try it out depending on what other suggestions are posted in this thread.
I really enjoy my crit staff SS (Etup's tree) and it can be done on a small budget and be very HC-viable. If you look through my past posts, I have a forum thread with my gear and tree (which can be done cheaper and safer, started with a 10c staff).

I'll end with something in the neighboorhood of 100k tooltip.
Last edited by PhysoniumI on Jan 13, 2015, 9:49:28 PM
"
Yun wrote:
What are some extremely fun melee builds with good clear speed? Yes, i know "fun" is subjective. Keep in mind I'm playing on bloodlines.

My first char in bloodlines was non crit static with doomsower. Someone posted it above and it is very fun. Static plays similar to ground slam with better AOE, a bit more dangerous, but better leech potential. The only dangerous thing for me was the damn lightning wave totem bloodlines mod, and it killed me. Very fast clear speed but when you wipe a pack of those things you may get nuked so read the friggin mods before diving in, like I didn't. Facetank/speed run everything else. Reflect was no major issue at 20k tooltip. I was not running with WED, which would have made reflect a major issue.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Jan 12, 2015, 3:10:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info