Descent Champions

Casters still best in slot is blood of summer.. This really allows a lot of freedom with their orbs for more defensive options. If this is supposed to be an intended weapon this powerful for them, can the other weapons have possibly scaling features so we can use them potentially throughout the race?

As it is right now playing scion, if I do not get immediate weapon upgrades starting around jade chopper it can be a disaster, if you don't roll ipd for attacker weapons your run just becomes miserable and slows down. You can waste all your orbs and still not get an acceptable weapon. Even white weapons from chests would be helpful.

Basically to place you have to use these as a caster still and then heavy pack rng is a factor.

With the ele nodes right now they are extremely powerful, you can dedicate nearly all your passives to them with a couple life / res nodes to help tank along the way. With blood of summers, the move speed and cast speed from frenzy charges you cannot get from any other source, you will still kill super fast from your passives and get to monsters at such a quick pace. You do not need to bother with weapons at all for the entire race because of the move speed + cast speed bonus, one of the exceptions is a +1 for firetrap but rushing fire nodes as shadow and trap nodes, it just destroys.
Last edited by terrex on Jan 11, 2015, 3:00:20 PM
Couldn't have said it better, and i say that as someone who prefers casters in this game and is guilty of having raced with dual BoS for some time. But back to Descent:Swords.

The solution for Blood of Summer is rather simple: 33% Chance to gain a Frenzy Charge on Kill with this Weapon

That little change would eliminate all benefits for tendrils/flameblast and limit the sword as the cleave/ms entry weapon til Rukuku i think it was supposed to be.
twitch.tv/enki91
Agreed, the highest level point reward is super easy to achieve reliably as a caster with dual BoS, unlike any other race besides bursts.
I don't like nerfs...

But what Terrex, Crimson, and Enki said is 100% true. I play dual BoS shadow in every descent champions race and get very far without giving much attention to gear or efficient playstyle. I feel like it does in fact dominate the DC racing meta. And put those weapons in a veteran racer's hands? Well, just check the DC ladder to see the results of that.

Nerfing DC uniques does not have the same scope as nerfing normal uniques, so I'd definitely take what terrex said to heart and "balance" this item a little bit.
Not allowing BoS to be doubled up would be a good start.

Some of the other, generally unused starter uniques could use buffing too.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Jan 11, 2015, 7:37:15 PM
What's this blood of summer everyone's talking about. I thought everyone was using the bow like me.
"
boof wrote:
What's this blood of summer everyone's talking about. I thought everyone was using the bow like me.

Secret op
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1170426

Remade at 10mins, first DC event actually going shadow and I hit 23 without much trouble dual wielding bos, just alcing and exalting random gear / jewelery.

I struggle to consecutively hit 23 on scion without getting immediate weapon upgrades and 50+ ipd equiv crafts for a full 40min run. A 30min caster run just surpasses this with little effort in itemizing, or none.
"
terrex wrote:

Remade at 10mins, first DC event actually going shadow and I hit 23 without much trouble dual wielding bos, just alcing and exalting random gear / jewelery.

I struggle to consecutively hit 23 on scion without getting immediate weapon upgrades and 50+ ipd equiv crafts for a full 40min run. A 30min caster run just surpasses this with little effort in itemizing, or none.

seems like mors hit 26, ive seen helmann always being up in rankings on champs and im assuming they were not using bos. i guess this isnt indicative of normal performance for the respective classes. maybe scion class is wack and spec throw was nerfed too hard? (im assuming you are spec throwing)

if the argument is that bos allows other classes to perform better with much less effort then i think creating some equally op uniques that non caster classes could use would be a solution, especially if you want to maintain current pacing of the race.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

seems like mors hit 26, ive seen helmann always being up in rankings on champs and im assuming they were not using bos. i guess this isnt indicative of normal performance for the respective classes. maybe scion class is wack and spec throw was nerfed too hard? (im assuming you are spec throwing)

if the argument is that bos allows other classes to perform better with much less effort then i think creating some equally op uniques that non caster classes could use would be a solution, especially if you want to maintain current pacing of the race.

-HeaT

Scion has to travel much further for damage, passives and gems also other big factors. Maruader and duelist start off with a few different gems but have much closer damage passives. I am not saying all attackers suck because that isn't true, I am just pointing out the procedures required for an alright run and how much different they are currently. Casters are very limited on what is necessary throughout the race in comparison for crafts, having that much extra room for defensive crafts is unreal helpful for some parts.

If the other uniques were as effective as BOS towards other builds / classes than we wouldn't have this problem. It's not the case though, I generally equip a longsword as fast as I can and especially trying to craft a level 9 jade chopper.

It's very easy to get a good pace right now for most casters but if you are an attackers and don't craft a good weapon, it sucks. If the intended use of these unique weapons is to use them for the entire race then the other ones need to be massively buffed. If not, bos need to be just removed from 1 box completely / both removed or reworked so you can't get these and just not bother with weapons for the entire event. It's fun yes but it feels wrong, it does remove a lot of skill in prioritizing and building your character throughout the event.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info