Anybody use a 6link Cyclone off mana? What kind of stats do you need to pull it off?

Particularly if you're aiming for short-hopping Cyclone, the most mana-intensive strategy.

I'm planning a new build and need to know how many passive I should dedicate to mana, regen, and reduced cost.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
It's pretty hard to pull off, you don't need a lot of leech but you need to have a decent amount of mana to get a good leech rate. You'd need a lot of regen to make a difference too so I'd say the investment isn't justified for a south-west build you're probably going for. Any particular reason you don't want to use BM?

I've got a mana cycloner that spends around 100 per use but it's max area variety so you don't need to use it often and you get all mana back long before you finish the run.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Forget running 6l Cyclone on mana it is either not possible or needs too much investment in the tree. If you want to run it without bm I think the only way is to use a soultaker.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Another option would be to use Thief's Torment to almost instntly refill your mana when you hit something but you would still need to have ~2x your cyclones mana cost in free mana, which would turn out to be around 200-250.

I tried out Cyclone with a Bringer of Rain on my mana based 2H sword Marauder. It is pretty powerful but with only 150 mana free i was in trouble whenever i desynced and didn't hit a mob for the mana gain from TT. If i made a dedicated build for that, i would probably use something like this as a base for a total of 55% reduced mana cost of skills.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Okay, so originally my plan was to just pile as much damage onto my Cyclone link as possible and figure out the mana as I go (like I do with most skills), but since it looks like that's not going to be a viable option, let me rephrase my question:

For those who run Cyclone off mana, what stats do you have and what's your Cyclone cost?

The basic four-link that the build I'm planning requires ends up at around 25 mana per use (counting the quality bonus on conc. effect and all the reduced mana nodes except those at the marauder area). So my options are to either add damage and a reduced mana gem/leech/blood magic gem, or use the remaining sockets for utility like Stun or Curse on Hit and just hope that a four-link Cyclone will get there for damage.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
For those who run Cyclone off mana, what stats do you have and what's your Cyclone cost?

Well, my data will hardly help you any, I don't think this is what you're trying to do with your cyclone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usFZmZzuuOw

About cost reduction nodes... the thing is you're spending passive points on it that you would otherwise sink into dps so it comes to about the same. You can go for 6 link full dps setup cyclone and spend a bunch of passives trying to control its mana cost or you could go for 5L plus blood magic, spend surplus point on dps and never worry about mana.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jan 11, 2015, 10:30:03 AM
Peterlock made a 2h sword crit marauder with cyclone on mana. He was able to sustain a full 6l and he got some pretty serious damage, while doing small, short cyclones. You can go look up his thread where he archived his builds and see what he did. Mostly using awesome templar nodes to reduce mana cost.
The link:

Another option would be like the cyclonus build in duelist forums. The creator of that build uses soul taker with a crit dagger(or any crit weapon) to run a full 6l cyclone. This one gets really insane dps, well over 100k with a Bino's.
Link:
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
There's not that many gems that you can link into a cyclone so i don't see why would u skip blood magic.
I mean Cyclone -> MellePhys - > Conc Effect - > Faster attacks -> Added Fire (considering the huge amount of added element we get from hatred+HoA added fire stops looking that enticing though)
All damage links fit in a 5L so why not use the 6th for BM?
IGN: Smegacore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info