[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Greetings!

"
"
DyNess wrote:
I spike to almost 6000 with Consecrated Ground.

How do you cast Consacrate Ground?

I am currently using the Inquisitor Scion Ascendant node. It grants a chance to create Consecrated Ground on kill.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Jun 2, 2016, 11:40:27 PM
"
DyNess wrote:

I am currently using the Inquisitor Scion Ascendant node. It grants a chance to create Consecrated Ground on kill.

~Dy'Ness

Tnx a lot ;)

I will try to use this "Inquisitor Scion Ascendant node"...
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
How do you deal with Stuns and Freezes?
I am having a tough time with similar gear
Greetings!

"
Felifix wrote:
How do you deal with Stuns and Freezes?
I am having a tough time with similar gear

Cast When Damage Taken still triggers when you are stunned and frozen. It is based off the damage you take, not your ability to respond.
https://youtu.be/h36xSS1S84s?t=11m25s
Dealing with being frozen for almost a complete wave of Grand Masters.

Firestorm is the only self cast, so if you do not see it, I am either A) Frozen or B) Out Of Mana.

You can also use:

I used to use Alpha's Howl before I picked up The Vertex.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Just me thinking here, but I would like to try making a Trickster version of this build. But since I'm not experienced enough with the game, I'm having a hard time coming up with a way to make DoT happen whilst still focusing on fire as a primary.
Care to indulge me? Would appreciate it a lot!
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
Just me thinking here, but I would like to try making a Trickster version of this build. But since I'm not experienced enough with the game, I'm having a hard time coming up with a way to make DoT happen whilst still focusing on fire as a primary.
Care to indulge me? Would appreciate it a lot!

The easiest way to do this is to use:
The Consuming Dark
which converts some fire damage to chaos damage and makes your chaos damage poison enemies. This got nerfed big time in the latest patch though.

It might be worth considering running bladefall + poison support instead of a fire skill if you want to go Trickster (which is probably the tankiest version of the build).
"
DyNess wrote:
@diablomig:
I will go check out what 2.3 has to offer and we shall see.

"Environmental traps in the labyrinth now calculate a player's effective life differently for determining damage. This was previously the total of a player's maximum life and Energy Shield. Now Energy Shield counts as 60% of its value for this purpose. Only Energy Shield covering life is counted. This was determined to be the best ratio applicable to the wide variety of Energy Shield based builds that exist."
THIS!!!

~Dy'Ness

I haven't touched the Labyrinth for months. Today I finally tried to run it again.

WOW! The massively decreased ES damage from traps means even with my self found build, I am able to walk through lava pits like they are not even there, and not even get stunned by any of the burst damage traps. This means even if I get hit I can keep walking, because it was under my stun threshold.

I still have to worry a little about the Roomba and the spinning pillars, but that's about it.

Frankly this is as it should be, after all this is a build that sacrificed dps for survivability, there was no reason why our build should ever be troubled by Merciless Labyrinth.
I will try Map Labyrinth once I farmed the tokens. But for now I am very happy that the ES regen is working as it expected.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on Jun 7, 2016, 3:16:51 PM
How viable would this be without shav ring?
Hi, just returned to PoE like a day after 2.3 landed. Haven't played since before 1.0, actually. I'm looking for a scion build to complement a friend's witch, which it probably going to be AOE-heavy (frost nuke?). I figure something tanky, and/or single-target would be best. I see that it looks crazy good for PvP, but how about a fresh start for just PvE? Can it be done relatively on the cheap? Would it be good in a duo? We were building a different way until we realized that the berserker ascendant node got nerfed, but this seems to be a build that didn't rely on it. So yeah, tanky and/or boss-centric... this build? Another build recommendation?

Thanks,
Rasm
Last edited by Rasm on Jun 15, 2016, 12:00:29 PM
"
hoilori wrote:
How viable would this be without shav ring?

I don't have one. My build still works, it just means you can't run maps that has no regen.

Frankly I have no intention of ever running maps with no regen or even reduced regen, so it wasn't a factor for me.

"
Rasm wrote:
Hi, just returned to PoE like a day after 2.3 landed. Haven't played since before 1.0, actually. I'm looking for a scion build to complement a friend's witch, which it probably going to be AOE-heavy (frost nuke?). I figure something tanky, and/or single-target would be best. I see that it looks crazy good for PvP, but how about a fresh start for just PvE? Can it be done relatively on the cheap? Would it be good in a duo? We were building a different way until we realized that the berserker ascendant node got nerfed, but this seems to be a build that didn't rely on it. So yeah, tanky and/or boss-centric... this build? Another build recommendation?

Thanks,
Rasm

The issue is this build has basically no kill speed. It is a horrible party build because you don't give your party anything but the auras. This build is all about "how not to die", but your allies would rather that you help them kill faster instead.

There are some other builds that are similar but exchanged some survivability for extra dps. Like the flametank mentioned in the first page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info