[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

have you tried with life leech? i was thinking if i use life leech to regain the ES back instead of regen and use kinetic blast or inicnerate
Hey, just went against this build in Hall of Grandmasters with my level 96 pathfinder. One of my deaths (one of two, other one was just plain stupid, not going after an archer at the final fight of one of the wings), and just wanted to say...

WHAT. A. BUILD.

Took a 6L'd conc effect blade vortex, my flasks up, and a frost bomb to defeat your build. And you don't even have an ascendancy.

Absolutely phenomenal stuff, Dyness. Your one character made the entire Hall experience worth it more than the rest of them combined. Thanks for creating this thing.
Greetings!

Sorry for the lack of updates, was out for awhile.

Yes, this is the toon I submitted for the Hall Of GM.

No, I have not tried any other toon, other than a scion.

I tried life leech at a couple points in the setup, found regen to cover many more situations, rather than relying on damage to get it back. But in 2.3.0 they are supposed to give me 2 more points with the endgame lab. I am 2 points off of ghost reaver, so its a strong possibility for use with the scepter. It would break down to 200 recovered for every 1000 fire damage. Each fireball that drops from firestorm is around 1200-2000 normal, and 2000-3000 with fire golem up.

Current Gear Set With Gems:
Spoiler

And yes, I have been hiding the boots for awhile. Only took around 70 runs to get that. Slowly working to replace the mod on the helmet, a couple runs here and there when I can.

Mana Leech replaces the BCR in the chest for PvE...

"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
Hey, just went against this build in Hall of Grandmasters with my level 96 pathfinder. One of my deaths (one of two, other one was just plain stupid, not going after an archer at the final fight of one of the wings), and just wanted to say...

WHAT. A. BUILD.

Took a 6L'd conc effect blade vortex, my flasks up, and a frost bomb to defeat your build. And you don't even have an ascendancy.

Absolutely phenomenal stuff, Dyness. Your one character made the entire Hall experience worth it more than the rest of them combined. Thanks for creating this thing.

- THANK YOU!

FYI: Stats on the first page are off (YES, I need to update it)... I now sit around 4750 regen normally, when I get hit I spike to around 4900, with essence drain, 5000; with consecrated ground, 6000 es regen.

Essence Drain is normally around 3900 degen per second, spikes to 4600 or so with golem up.

BTW, Tree:

Foot Notes:
-All numbers are as I remember them, as I cannot actually log in and play at this moment in time. I will (hopefully) get around to updating this post with exact numbers at a later time when I can.

-I owe a video... I will record one this weekend. Earlier in testing I was able to kill all of the Hall Of GM masters, except for 2, without having to fight back. A few deaths were involved, but hey... I'll make a recording this weekend if I can find the time.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on May 25, 2016, 6:07:12 AM
Congratulations! Looks like you got another victim in the form of streamer Mathil1!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKraOAuyY40

I am just amused that there are still people who don't know about your build. I guess having low clearspeed means most people never gave it a try.
My take on this build is almost ready for submission for Grandmaster. I don't have the amount of ES or ES regen that you have, but I make up for it in other areas. My defensive stats:

CI
Overcapped Resists (75 fire/76 light/80 cold)
Energy Shield: 15,210
Energy Shield Regen: 2,392
Armour: 52,338 (60,135 with molten shell)
91% physical reduction
Block: 74%
Spell Block 74%
Legacy Aegis Shield

I also use different CWDT spells with life leech, vaal discipline (we gain 1 soul every 4 sec in GM map), and Aegis (4% of armour gained as ES on block). Character is a Guardian Templar, so after I get my 8 Ascendancy points next week I will submit. Regain 30% of life over 1 sec every 5 secs OP.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on May 26, 2016, 9:53:20 AM
What do you guys think about announced changes in 2.3?

That 5% regen (1% life, 4% ES) for Inquisitor suddenly makes it a viable class.
Greetings!

[2.2] Hall Of GrandMasters Run (40:15)
https://youtu.be/h36xSS1S84s

As promised, a new video showing what 5000 es regen looks like. I spike to almost 6000 with Consecrated Ground. At 1:22 it shows, only for a moment, but was sitting at 5914.4 without Essence Drain.

Yes I died a few times, 5 in fact and I used all of the portals. I was able to clear almost everyone though. The first two deaths are in the first hall so you will not have to wait long to see them.
Death at 27:15
Finishing the first hall and for another two deaths begins at 35:55.

Survivors:
-GRiZLAZ in Hall 3.
-mull_gubben in Hall 4.

@diablomig:
I will go check out what 2.3 has to offer and we shall see.

"Environmental traps in the labyrinth now calculate a player's effective life differently for determining damage. This was previously the total of a player's maximum life and Energy Shield. Now Energy Shield counts as 60% of its value for this purpose. Only Energy Shield covering life is counted. This was determined to be the best ratio applicable to the wide variety of Energy Shield based builds that exist."
THIS!!!

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on May 31, 2016, 4:01:10 AM
"
Wadjet wrote:
My take on this build is almost ready for submission for Grandmaster. I don't have the amount of ES or ES regen that you have, but I make up for it in other areas. My defensive stats:

CI
Overcapped Resists (75 fire/76 light/80 cold)
Energy Shield: 15,210
Energy Shield Regen: 2,392
Armour: 52,338 (60,135 with molten shell)
91% physical reduction
Block: 74%
Spell Block 74%
Legacy Aegis Shield

I also use different CWDT spells with life leech, vaal discipline (we gain 1 soul every 4 sec in GM map), and Aegis (4% of armour gained as ES on block). Character is a Guardian Templar, so after I get my 8 Ascendancy points next week I will submit. Regain 30% of life over 1 sec every 5 secs OP.

Are you even allowed to have ascended characters in there? Hoo boy, Dyness was a challenge. Yours seems to be even more of one. However, your profile is set to private, and I can't even see that beastly guardian you have. I'd love to take that build out for a spin, if it doesn't make my eyes bleed from the expense.
https://youtu.be/jKraOAuyY40?t=4m24s

Good to know that one of the (if not the) best streamer has problem and doesn't like fightning your char in Hall of Grandmasters :)
"
DyNess wrote:
I spike to almost 6000 with Consecrated Ground.

How do you cast Consacrate Ground?
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info