[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

My other "question/concern" regarding the arctic armor over the empower in the helmet is whether reducing the incoming damage by 13% on fire/physical would dramatically impact how often our CWDT procs since that is a heavy source of our damage. Thoughts?
I think I'm seeing a bit of room for improvement in the tree.

Original

New v1
Changes:
+2% es
Negligible:
+8% life (...because stuns?)
-10 int (-5 base mana)

New v2
Changes:
+3% es (accounting for 12% Energy from Within)
+1% max fire res (also +11/3/3 resistance)
-30% increased armor
Negligible:
+8% life (...because stuns?)
+10 str (+5 base hp...because stuns?)
-10 int (-5 base mana)
Last edited by bullgaria on Feb 11, 2016, 7:28:49 PM
Greetings!

I am going to say forget the Trickster and run the Occultist or the Guardian. At least until I know what the final class is for the scion.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/path_of_exile/b/pc/archive/2016/02/11/path-of-exile-ascendancy-exclusive-occultist-class-revealed.aspx

http://mmohuts.com/video/path-of-exile-ascendancy-class-reveal-guardian

Vile Bastion: (Occultist)
1% ES regen per enemy slain in the last 4 seconds.
Immune to stun while on full ES.
This is the same as the Shav ring, it WILL work while in a no regen map.

Wicked Ward: (Occultist)
+100 Max ES
30% ES Recharge Rate
ES Recharge is NOT interrupted by damage if it began in the last 4 seconds.

Time Of Need: (Guardian)
Removes curses and status aliments from you every 10 seconds.
30% of maximum life regenerated over 1 second every 10 seconds. (Roughly 6000 additional regen on my toon.)

Radiant Faith: (Guardian)
Grants armor equal to 160% of your reserved life to you and nearby allies. Grants maximum energy shield equal to 15% of your reserved mana to you and nearby allies.

Unwavering Faith: (Guardian)
Auras you cast grant +1% additional physical damage reduction to you and allies. Auras you cast grant +0.2% of maximum life regenerated per second to you and allies.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Looks like Guardian might be slightly more advantageous, as I will never torture myself into running no-regen maps.

Scion is unlikely to beat Guardian unless it somehow does something crazy like "multiple Jewel slots".
"
DyNess wrote:
Greetings!

I am going to say forget the Trickster and run the Occultist or the Guardian. At least until I know what the final class is for the scion.

Trickster still looks the overall best to me where killing trash mobs are concerned due to the massive 60% increase to life/ES/mana recovery, but it must be said that the two newly revealed subclasses both are very interesting.

Even so, Guardian for ES-ZO tanking? If you are looking at Templar then surely Inquisitor is the better choice with Sanctify, Pious Path, Augury of Penitence. If not, what is it you are seeing that I don't? :D

Sanctity:
20% to gain consecrated ground for 3s BOTH on kill and on hit, so it'll be active pretty much 100% of the time when facetanking even when facetanking bosses with no trash mobs in sight... and consecrated ground gives 4% life regeneration per second (according to the wiki).

Pious Path:
30% increased Damage while on Consecrated Ground
50% reduced Mana Cost while on Consecrated Ground
Immune to Elemental Status Ailments while on Consecrated Ground

Augury of Penitence.
Nearby Enemies deal 5% less Elemental Damage
Nearby Enemies take 10% increased Elemental Damage
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Feb 12, 2016, 9:25:36 AM
Hi Dy Ness and hi everyone!

Once again iam in this thread coz its the build i liked the most since playing PoE.

Personally form what we have seen so far i will go Occultist as i play the build as a witch.

1:Wicked Ward:+100 flat ES (i dont know if the recharge rate benefits us since we have insane regen)
2:Vile Bastion: even more regen = more survivability , stun immunity?(iam not sure about this one)
3:Void Beacon: as i mentioned i play a version with Consuming Dark ,Added Chaos Damage and i invested in poison since 2.1.

The Synergy

From Wicked Ward we gain some flat ES so we can drop some es from tree and maybe improve our damage which is important for Vile Bastion to work.More damage means more enemies killed in the last 4 seconds.
this synergy gives us back more defense from life regen.If I kill 4 enemies in the past 4 seconds Vile Bastion gives me 4% ES regen added to the amount i already have and normally ill be on full Energy Shield + immune to stun!

Furthermore using Consuming dark and focusing on damage over time makes Void Beacon overpowered for a build that we all know (especially Dyness Tankiest version) lacks some damage and is slower to play.Getting this advantage (-20% chaos resistance) is a huge damage buff and we need it!We will kill faster and more efficiently and gain the most out of Vile Bestion.

So Overall i find the occultist really interesting for this build and iam waiting for the scion ascendancy to make my final choice.Notice that the alternative way to get some more damage or defences is to level till 100 and get some extra points on the tree.But me since i was only 91lvl i had some trouble fitting in damage and this huge regen so i believe occultist will hugely improve my build!
And just to make it even more amusing, the Marauder's last class, the Chieftain, is also well suited for both the Dy'Ness and Scionic Flametank build with only minor changes, leaving us with four good choices so far: Marauder/Chieftain, Shadow/Trickster, Templar/Inquisitor, and Witch/Occultist.

All of them increasing ES regeneration substantially in different ways under different circumstances and apart from that having a mix of other offensive and defensive bonuses.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Greetings!

The Marauder/Chieftain did look interesting, especially for running a dual totem setup. I wonder just how much damage a RF totem actually deals...

https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Guardian

The big piece I saw on the Guardian was the extra regen for 1 second every 10 seconds. While the concentrated ground will give you 4% continuously, for 10 seconds will end up being 40% recovered. It does require the skill to trigger and for you to always be standing on it.

Instead, recover 30% over 1 second every 10 seconds, and have it purge all of the status effects from you. Got a little too much CB or whatever while in the boss fight, no worries, survive 10 seconds and it will be purged. Allowing you to be more careless as well as conserving flask charges.

In addition it provides a minor boost to ES regen and physical immunity. And all of the little nodes they didnt show initially are Armor/ES nodes with some extra boosts. It might be nice to take the Bastion of Hope instead of Unwaivering Faith. 7% extra block chance, on top of my base of 24%, will be 31%. Roughly 1 out of 3 physical attacks, not too bad all considered.

I will probably try a templar in the new league. After getting QBotU settled into the Scion ascendancy class.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Feb 20, 2016, 12:56:03 AM
Don't forget you can use a flask to drop consecrated ground.
Recently found out about your build and instantly fell in love. Have been working on retrofitting it to my play style. Just gotta say, 2.2 seems like a really good time to be a regen tank. Between regen on kill, consecrated ground flasks, and god knows what else so far, it would seem to me high regen CI builds are in a prime position to mow through labyrinth with no fear.

Trying to figure out how to fit in as much regen and ES as possible in a more offensive Occultist setup, that's still the most attractive ascendancy to me even after the defensive nerfs. I really want to partially build around Profane Bloom somehow.
IGN : Jovial
Last edited by yhateful on Feb 28, 2016, 4:55:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info