[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Greetings!

The gear hasnt changed, but some of the colors have.

If you check the current PvP flavor section at the bottom, there should be a verified on every item.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Ok, tnx!
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
Since I don't PvP, what are the best gems to link in my gear?

This is just a roughly geared char atm with some gems/flasks missing

I updated for 2.1. I think I'm missing something, since my version uses up 7 less skill points, however the tree itself should be with more buffs since I optimized a way to Sovereignty such that you get 8% more armour and 5% more energy shield.

linky clicky
Last edited by AUKL on Dec 7, 2015, 1:00:01 AM
Greetings!

"
EcNeRWaLJ wrote:
Since I don't PvP, what are the best gems to link in my gear?

Since you are not running for PvP, I would drop Flame Dash, as it is primarily used to assist with melee combat in PvP.

For the scepter, use Molten Shell, Ice Nova.
Gloves/Boots, Fireball, Flame Surge, LMP.
Gloves/Boots, Flame Golem, Enfeeble, Immortal Call
Shield, Glacial Cascade, Arctic Breath / Arc

You can flip flop the sets around as you see fit.

@FluffyWuffyEdmund.
Very nice. It will save a lot of time here in a few days when it comes to rebuilding the entire tree. Thank you.

As far as what I can see that you are missing right off the bat, Arsonist for 1% regen (3pts), a +30 int node (1pt) and the Influence Aura node (3pt).

[edit] Went over the tree, node by node... I lose .2% regen from the scion starting area. 2 nodes are reduced by 0.1%. As far as I can tell, that is the only change tree wise with 2.1 Unless I see something else I want in there :)

[edit again] Look down from CI and left from Ghost Reaver. Growth and Decay node. It is easy to get another 2% regen off of that. I think I will sacrifice some nodes to grab that.

~Dy'Ness
Last edited by DyNess on Dec 7, 2015, 4:14:42 AM
"
DyNess wrote:
[edit] Went over the tree, node by node... I lose .2% regen from the scion starting area. 2 nodes are reduced by 0.1%. As far as I can tell, that is the only change tree wise with 2.1 Unless I see something else I want in there :)

You are right.

I check this build with 2.1 offline skill three, and the only change is a -0.2% on "life regeneration" nodes. 2 nodes now are at 0.4% life regen, after patch will be 0.3%

This is the ONLY fix in the CURRENT DyNess's build with new patch.

"
DyNess wrote:
[edit again] Look down from CI and left from Ghost Reaver. Growth and Decay node. It is easy to get another 2% regen off of that. I think I will sacrifice some nodes to grab that.

Yes.... but this node needs 5 points to be reached. I can't find so many ponits to sacrifice... we need level 100 maybe :D

My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)
Last edited by Randy_TheStalker on Dec 7, 2015, 7:46:52 AM
Greetings!

I was actually thinking about ripping out Sovereignty...
Lose 16% aura effect and 6% reduced mana reserved.
The 2% extra regen should more than make up for the 16% less aura effect, regen wise. I would have a lower cap in ES. It is losing the reduced mana reserved which may present an issue. BUT, I think it will work out, as they said they are increasing the amount of mana gained per level... I will find out in a couple days!

In addition, I was looking into running one or two of the new gems on my CWDT, so... who knows.

~Dy'Ness
Hi Dy Ness!

I experimented with your build in 2.0 and i managed to reach 3k+ regen and 19k Energy Shield!So overall the build is very very tanky!I managed to do a deathless Atziri Run,Death and Taxes and Facetank most of Poe Content!The big upgrade was a perfect Legacy Shavs Ring that is the best piece of the build!

Now in 2.1 the new cluster in Shadow area should be considered as it provides 2% regen and 28% damage over time!I think will be a good way to try a new chaos spell Contagion and maybe the new support gems controlled destruction since the build is not crit and maybe rapid decay for more damage over time!

This is theory here but since the build achieves alot in terms of tankiness iam trying to think of the best way to make it a bit better in terms of DPS!

So my first idea is the notable Whispers of Doom which adds a 2nd curse!(this can be both offensive or defensive depending on situation or preference)

Second idea is to change the theme to a more Chaos/Curse Tank build to take advantage of the few travelling needed to chaos nodes!This will also give the possibility to try the new chaos spells!

Also the unique dagger Consuming Dark can be used with Fire spells to convert this Damage to Chaos and also poisons enemies!

Poison will be changed in 2.1 and this is a part from the GGG Post :
Spoiler

Poison can now stack! Rather than dealing the damage of the highest hit (as Ignite does), poison can now have multiple stacks. This means that every hit counts, rather than just the occasional big hit. This also lets it scale much better towards end-game, and differentiates it from other damage-over-time effects.

This is the skill tree i will probably want to try out!

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrIvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbG-iqEvf8bBxewYLL8V14auVmMRlg5ItzDoWiaIytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKaQ1lfJKPqCx_noaHTaYhhWuJMc3I8a6-6nCJ2uGmz3wY9Gm6EYajlSWAf314RIXGvDbeQiKU-ePIx2QYe3PoPMPC2DX8auDF8cp1OlC2GvbGjyxPYn7Rku2WFXDfGsKS58uBo-Xz_SIZ7NpzCfy3wOp1Wa4EWdU1JboPObaGXVplKvu03dX2f84vcBb4t6puv2SMRY2t0=
"
DyNess wrote:
Greetings!

I was actually thinking about ripping out Sovereignty...
Lose 16% aura effect and 6% reduced mana reserved.
The 2% extra regen should more than make up for the 16% less aura effect, regen wise. I would have a lower cap in ES. It is losing the reduced mana reserved which may present an issue. BUT, I think it will work out, as they said they are increasing the amount of mana gained per level... I will find out in a couple days!

You are right...

Vitality at level 20+4(Vertex + Empower) grants a global 1,85% life regen, right?
Sovereingty grants a "16% bonus" to Vitality. This bonus is 0,3% life regen. The result, is a global 2,15% life regen from Vitality(1.85 + 0.3)

OF COURSE, another global 2% life regen(from Growth and Decay) is much better than Sovereingty bonus.

Maybe the problem is for Discipline... a lower Discipline means lower ES, and lower regen...

Moreover, without Sovereignty you lose too 2 "+10 INT" nodes... -20 INT is another malus to mana and to ES.

My PGs
Don't you need to hit 2-3 int nodes to get to Growth and Decay, though?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info