[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Thanks Dyness.

I must admit I have trouble figuring the numbers of this build. With 5791 ES, I stand at 463 ES reg per sec. But with the new armour I bought and a shield, with 8860 ES, I am at around 2392 ES reg per sec... ? Less than double ES = more than five times ES reg ? ??? What ? Huh ? What ? (really not understanding how it works there, any input appreciated...)

My new toy (think it's really good for a budget version of your build, as I suppose brute ES is the only thing to take into account ; could anyone confirm ?), just bought it in the 1 month league (now have to socket and link it) :

Me so happy !
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Oct 21, 2015, 2:14:50 AM
You probably looked at ES recharge and not ES regeneration.
Greetings!

@CUNextTuesday: I would go with the ES armor for the 6L. The chest is one of the biggest sources of ES you can get. In addition, since you have a nice 5L on the ES/Armor set, you can still run that piece until you get at least a 5L on your ES chest.

@Pingouinmalin: That is a nice chest. The 5 life regen on that chest will be applied strait to ES regen as well. Based on what you posted:

With 8860 ES, 2392 ES reg = 26.99% regen rate.
With 5791 ES, 463 ES reg = 7.99% regen rate.

Even with the 5 additional taken into account, I do not see your regen rate being boosted that much without that shield having something awesome on it, or other changes. Did you mistakenly look at the Recharge rate? Was someone running some massive auras or a shrine? Possibly had VAAL Discipline triggered? Somewhere in there is a ~19% regen discrepancy or a bug.

I believe your regen rate should have been something closer to 713.
8860 * .0799 = 707.914 + 5 = ~713

To bounce back to your previous question concerning 1%, with your ES of 8860 * .01 = 88.6 regen per second.

@hubdelafonk: For physical damage I typically rely on Molten Shell to provide a boost to my armor and the CWDT to kill them before it hurts that bad. In addition, I have 2 granite flasks. In PvP, I will manually swap my Fire Golem gem out for an Immortal Call. Nothing extra on it, just a a small break from the damage to hopefully help Molten Shell explode or one of the movement skills to trigger.

Concerning Mjölner: Pre 2.0 I had a blast trying it out. I used Astramentis to get some additional stats.
Got that one fairly cheap all considered. I also used the Resolute Technique keystone. Yes, I only had 3 Power Charges to go boom with Discharge. (Since the rumor mill said Enduring Cry would no longer work with CWDT, I was not using it.) I was able to maintain most of my CWDT with a regen of around 2100. I used this combo:
with BCR in both. Yes, Soul Taker in the primary, offhand was MJ. The reasoning behind it was this gem:
, which for whatever reason, ONLY used the offhand weapon to attack. EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: If you have one weapon, it will use that weapon, so MJ and a shield works out just fine... If you were running 2, it ONLY used the offhand weapon. I run a Shav ring, so 0% mana regen. Soul taker allows me to attack and maintain a high regen rate.

Per 1% Quality 0.5% chance to Counterattack with this Skill when Hit. Throw in an Enhance for say 16% you have an extra 8% to trigger. So... that means EVERY time I get hit, there is a 48% MJ will do a small AOE around me. Every time that hits something, there is a 50% it will drop Discharge and Arc. (For Maps, drop the BCR and run with Iron Will or Life Leech.) That is for EVERY target in range. So if I was surrounded by a mob of 8, that is 8 chances for discharge/arc at 48% per chance. I am a tad too drunk to run statistics on that at the moment... But roughly 3.84 discharges per counter attack. And that is me just sitting there.
Correcting my train of thought: Surrounded by 8, each hit me once. 3.84 counter attacks at 48%. Each of those should produce 4 arc/discharges at 50%...

Since all attack skills are free, I was able to stick on a Herald Of Lightning Aura to get an almost 100% mana reserved. The other skill I used with this was a Flicker Strike with Multistrike. In the end I had unlimited use of Cyclone and Flicker, and hoped to drop people fast enough. I lost WAY too much fire resistance though, and wasnt willing to buy or invest in the necessary gear to fix that issue for a 2 week test.

Looking back on it, I probably could have used a knockback on the cyclone and/or the flicker to assist in PvP. I have no idea how I rigged out my tree at the time, I did it mainly to get the stats required to equip the gear at a minimal cost to my tank. There is probably a way to build it out far better than the test I had. And nope, just checked my videos, I did not save a recording of it.

Anywho, thank you all for supporting my idea and I am glad it helped out. I hope this answers some of your questions. Enjoy!

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Oct 22, 2015, 3:55:41 AM
Dyness and Vadler : you're right, I read once ES regen and then ES recharge... The shame...

Dyness : 713 is the good number. I had not thought life regen would actually increase ES reg. I was just looking for the highest amount of ES possible and this one was "only" 2,5 exalts (compared to the 40 or so ex in standard...). Approximately my whole wealth in 1 month league, but worth every penny.

Quite funny to play, apart from one problem : the life globe and the green bar are absolutely useless when you play CI. I don't understand GGG does not change the globe and the bar to ES (the white bar above the green one is unreadable : I die from time to time because of this).
grats on your tank, your grandmaster was the only one i couldnt kill, luckily he was at the end of a hall so it didnt matter much. XD
edit: nvm
Last edited by Pr0m3th3u5 on Oct 25, 2015, 4:49:02 AM
can do any map mod?

Like BM and no regen maps?
fb.com/x1gamin
Greetings!

It can do almost every map mod. But Blood Magic cannot be used due to CI. However, it CAN do no regen. Not as well as it normally would, and you have to be careful and kite. The last time I tested it, Shavronne's Revelation still worked with the No Regen mod. So you would be cut down to a 3% or 4% regen, based on your ring. Recharge still worked as well.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Hi Dyness, still playing your build in 1month SC league (in HC, I would never have seen even the end of normal...). I just reached 10k ES at level 79 (yeah me !).

But I just checked your rings and Pi2rEpsilon's. And there is something strange : how do you get "% increased maximum ES" on rings ?

I looked at poemods and it does not appear to be a valid ring affix. And I've checked poe trade in the 4 living leagues : not one is on sale.

I want such rings. Me want. Me crave. Me need.

Is it something one can exalt on a ring ? Or an old affix no longer in use ? Or me being stupid (who said "once more" ?).
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
how do you get "% increased maximum ES" on rings ?

It is Elreon's master craft for rings and amulet's (see different colour of the mod?). Available from lvl 7. It cost 1 exalt, and roll from 4% to 20%. Currently a prefix (used to be a suffix I believe).
Last edited by SteKrz on Oct 30, 2015, 8:04:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info