[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Just leveling up your build. It´s purely amazing! In life you hardly find something that fits like this :D KK serious now: The CDTW Damage output on the basic beingt tanky as hell is just FUN. One of those builds im like mmh ain´t actually that hard why I never thought about this. Well that´s about genius ideas always are like right? ^^
Hi guys, so I spent an ex on regrets yesterday just to try out some stuff.. and because of the new energy from within jewel buffs, I think the tree can be adjust slightly now to give a higher overall ES buff from the tree. There is a Jewel socket above, and to the side of the huge circle of life % nodes (southwest of where the Dyness skill tree begins), and if you use two 12% energy from within jewels, you hit all of the nodes!!! (except for the large one, which is unfortunste, but tht might be imbalanced if it could be reached haha), almost each node gives 10% because the jewel radius' overlap! I would highly recommend experimenting with this if you can manage your auras by removing a few mana reserve nodes and maybe a spell dmg node or one of the 6% ES nodes near the big ES bubble on tree.

Has anyone else tried this? I literally went from 10.2k to ~13k ES just by switching out a few nodes and reworking the tree. Im only lvl 78, but my current tree can be found here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABg4J9gthDF8NfBFQFdcYVhpsGyUcpxzcHdki9CftKPopTyymLL8vbzQKNbk3ZjrhQYdDVEWdSVFJsUuuTeNTUlOlVmNXyVugX2podGjybAttGXC7e8N8DnxLfll_xoKbgseC5IauiEKMdo8aj_qQEZMnlKCa4J2unjyhL6ZXpwinK6dVr2y0DLaGtz64k76KvrzBxcT2xq7K09DQ1HzVptfP2E3ZE9lb2mLa3eQi6QLquuvu7BjsOO0g74jw1fJF9HH3wfk3-ej-Cg==

Let me know what you think! All suggestions, tips, insults, etc. welcomed. =]

Cheers gents,
Joey
Err, that sounds like a bug, mrjoey523, if two jewels overlapping radius means you get twice the effect from the life nodes, since the jewel wording is "Increases and Reductions to Life in Radius are Transformed to apply to Energy Shield", but it certainly sounds interesting!

There are 5 nodes on the wheel with overlap, and to pick them up one would need to take two STR nodes and one non-overlapping life->ES node for a total of 55% ES for 8 skill points, or 55%/8 = 6.875% per skill point. (One could also pick up the second non-overlapping 5% node to reach 60 here, but that would be idiotic as there are 6% nodes to be had elsewhere). To get this you also need to spend the two slots for jewels and the three needed to reach the jewel by the resistance/projectile nodes, for a total cost of 13 skill points, giving you (with 12% EFW jewels) (2*12%+55%)/13 = 6.08% ES per point. Which is marginally better than than stacking 6% nodes and, of course, gives you +18% fire and cold resistance.

...and eats up one of the jewel slots you have access to for 1 skill point, and where you would typically use a hybrid damage/ES jewel like 15% fire/8% ES/something_else_nice.

While I don't find this particularly attractive, whether this makes sense to do or not in your specific case I cannot say, but it is certainly an interesting find and might be a useful basis for some other pathing - especially if GGG doesn't consider this a bug, but a feature.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
how do you get 3% regen from vitality? didn't increased effect of buffs/aura get nerfed/removed?

i think only 40% increased effect is possible now instead of the old 60-70%, or am i missing something?
ign: EisenInflection
Last edited by eisenpanserbjorn on Aug 25, 2015, 8:21:59 PM
Hi,
Nice tanky build!
I have a lvl 71 templar with free respec points, so Ill make a firestorm version.
But I want to try The Searing Touch and focus on burning damage also.

Any thoughts?
Thanks for help in advance.

ps
I am sorry for my English.
Last edited by karmasopa on Aug 26, 2015, 8:46:45 PM
"
karmasopa wrote:
Hi,
Nice tanky build!
I have a lvl 71 templar with free respec points, so Ill make a firestorm version.

Any thoughts?

ps

I tried that, but I prefer having a shield on. Extra ES, % block, armor, and resistances helps a lot. I bought a cheap Aegis Aurora, and it's been pretty good. If you think about it, even wearing a white shield with nothing but block chance reduces the damage you'll take by ~20% just because it'll block. That's pretty huge for slightly more damage.
"
RegulusX wrote:
"
karmasopa wrote:
Hi,
Nice tanky build!

Any thoughts?

ps

I tried that, but I prefer having a shield on. Extra ES, % block, armor, and resistances helps a lot. I bought a cheap Aegis Aurora, and it's been pretty good. If you think about it, even wearing a white shield with nothing but block chance reduces the damage you'll take by ~20% just because it'll block. That's pretty huge for slightly more damage.

Thanx Regulus for Your kind advices,
I know how Aurora can helps (I am using one on my max block melee templar)
Also know how much I will miss without ES shield especially...

Block % is not core def in this build, as far I can see..

Looking for more burning dmg and hard legs also...
not so easy, I know

"
karmasopa wrote:
"
RegulusX wrote:
"
karmasopa wrote:
Hi,
Nice tanky build!

Any thoughts?

ps

Thanx Regulus for Your kind advices,
I know how Aurora can helps (I am using one on my max block melee templar)
Also know how much I will miss without ES shield especially...

Block % is not core def in this build, as far I can see..

Looking for more burning dmg and hard legs also...
not so easy, I know

I sold my AA a while ago, so I'm not sure what its stats exactly are, but if I recall correctly, it has a 38% chance to block. That means that it'll reduce 38% of all physical damage you take. If you wear Rainbowstride or Lazhwar's, that's even more reduction. I realize that Dy'Ness didn't get much % block, but is giving 38% physical damage reduction worth +40% fire damage and +2 to Firestorm? And that's not even counting the ES, armor, and resists.

I'm not telling you how to live your life. It just seems silly to give up so much defense.
Last edited by RegulusX on Aug 26, 2015, 11:36:34 PM
"

I dont want to argue with You RegulusX, just posted a question if anyone have an idea how to utilize Searing Touch in this build...
If You have no ideas, so why You replied?

I know that Doryani`s & ES shield is a great choice, no doubts here..
Constructive thoughts about Searing Touch are still welcome..

PS
@RegulusX: Aurora has 32% chance to block (good thing for many builds). But ES replenishing with it (which comes from armour rating) is rather skippable when one have low armour and very high ES...

Best wishes for ALL of You :)
Last edited by karmasopa on Aug 27, 2015, 8:46:10 PM
"
karmasopa wrote:
"

I dont want to argue with You RegulusX, just posted a question if anyone have an idea how to utilize Searing Touch in this build...
If You have no ideas, so why You replied?

I know that Doryani`s & ES shield is a great choice, no doubts here..
Constructive thoughts about Searing Touch are still welcome..

PS
@RegulusX: Aurora has 32% chance to block (good thing for many builds). But ES replenishing with it (which comes from armour rating) is rather skippable when one have low armour and very high ES...

Best wishes for ALL of You :)

I'm not arguing. Just giving the best advice I can. It doesn't really matter which shield you use; as long as you're using a shield, my point stands. Rathpith is a good pick, too. Or just any shield with high ES.

If you want to using a Searing Touch, then use one. There doesn't really need to be any passive adjustments unless you took shields nodes yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info