Kickstarter Campaign for PoE's Optional Self Found League!

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

There is literally NOTHING stopping anyone from playing self-found right now. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

In your opinion bro.

It is not an opinion. It is a fact. If you, or I, wanted to play SF we could. There is nothing forcing us to trade.

This is a dumb thread and the whole idea of forcing self found on people is bad for everyone involved. Stop telling other people how to play a game. If you want to play self-found do it. Nothing is stopping you. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.
Last edited by whitelytning on Jan 14, 2015, 5:32:44 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:

@Boem: the things you mention are not really about SFL but rather just general complaints with the game and its design philosophy. I'm not saying those things are great (I'd rather not have to respec my build every 4 months), but it's clearly what GGG wants to do. Also newsflash: PoE isn't the only game (or the only good ARPG) out there, and many others don't have those problems.

If you don't understand how the issue's i addressed have a higher impact on solo self-found people then i am at a loss.

One could even go as far as to state that the forced meta change is part of what drives the economy itself, since it forces a transfer of items and currency between players.

And your opinion is that those are issue's with the game but not really harsher on SFL players?

Seriuesly?

I am not even pro or con SFL, i played it all and i can play it all without feeling a downside, but to think there are no arguments that justify an increase in drop-rates or a re-evaluation of "what" drops in an SFL scenario is laughable at best since the game is designed around trading in its core.

Hell i would play it without any of those increases in drop rates or a re-evaluation of what drops, but guess what i would want then?

Spoiler
a stable realm for a year and maybe more without passive tree updates or item patches, because these simply nullify process in one swoop. Hard earned process in a SFL scenario.

Think of that what you want sir.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
@ Tackle

I can't speak for anyone else in the way you do. But as far as my opinion goes as a SF proponent, you're 100% incorrect.

I wouldn't want exaggerated drop rates at all in a SF league/ladder. The current leagues are where the casuals who buy their way through the difficulty should stay. The SF way should be about 'living off the land' and innovation through starvation.

"
@ Tackle

I can't speak for anyone else in the way you do. But as far as my opinion goes as a SF proponent, you're 100% incorrect.

I wouldn't want exaggerated drop rates at all in a SF league/ladder. The current leagues are where the casuals who buy their way through the difficulty should stay. The SF way should be about 'living off the land' and innovation through starvation.

So please explain: why do you need an entirely new league in order for you to play self-found? Cannot control your own temptation to "cheat" by trading?

@Boem

Those issues are no harsher on SFL players relative to everyone else than the droprates. SFL is a harsher playstyle all around, and the meta changes are proportional in their increased difficulty with the droprates for SFL players.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 14, 2015, 5:36:34 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
@ Tackle

So please explain: why do you need an entirely new league in order for you to play self-found? Cannot control your own temptation to "cheat" by trading?

@Boem

Those issues are no harsher on SFL players relative to everyone else than the droprates. SFL is a harsher playstyle all around, and the meta changes are proportional in their increased difficulty with the droprates for SFL players.

Because it will allow those who ABHOR bots, cheaters, and other low lifes a chance to have their own leader board to look at. The effects of RMT will hold no footing in the standings. Innovation could happen.

A good place for good folks.
"
tackle70 wrote:

@Boem

And with this ludicrous statement, i shall abandon this thread. I said what i had to say.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
@ Tackle

@Boem

Because it will allow those who ABHOR bots, cheaters, and other low lifes a chance to have their own leader board to look at. The effects of RMT will hold no footing in the standings. Innovation could happen.

A good place for good folks.

I don't see why implementing a self-found ladder would require its own league. Just make it a ladder where if an account makes a trade in a league, that account's characters are removed from that league's self-found ladder.

No self-found league required, and I agree this would be a good thing to have, since self-found players can't really compete with those who are trading (much less those who are RMT-ing).

@Boem: it is indeed always best to leave when you have no arguments left to put forth
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jan 14, 2015, 5:45:17 PM
Sure. Whatever allows people to stand aside from the bot & rmt controlled "economy" and continue to play and financially support GGG's game.
I think a self-found league with the same exact drop rates but a bandwidth of drops by level would be nice. That way as you level you have a higher chance at getting a "useful unique" as opposed to ones that are primarily used for leveling.

i.e. if you are level 70, you have a *higher* chance of getting Uniques that have item levels are greater than or equal to 70-X (20 levels?).

I don't know if you need to just buff drop rates accross the board...but changing the range on the drops would go a long way in to uniques "feeling useful".

As far as SFL being a method to ask for buffed dropped rates. That's seems to be very caged thinking. If drop rates and trading annoyed most of these guys...I'm sure they would be gone long time ago.

Personally I think it would be cool to see the cruel nature of RNG at work. See those that are blessed rise to the top...and those that aren't fumble around and try to get creative with their tree to see if they could compete.

There is something to be said about the feeling you get when you FIND all of your own stuff and use it. It's a different experience. It feels different...the decisions in leveling are different...priorities in gearing are different. It literally changes the game completely.

Found an awesome belt? Damn it...i'm short 40 str...can't use it. Well I don't have any gear that would help me...and I can't trade for it...sooooo...

I think a lot of people are afraid of SFL because it's relatively easy to get to a working build with trade. Trying to get a working build without trade is a serious challenge and would really show how knowledgeable players can navigate the skill tree to gain an advantage over trading for a piece of gear.

SFL Void league would be awesome. It would be compelling to watch and the general chat would be hilarious to read. "Well...I guess my crit-wander-marauder was a fail...lets see..what's next?"

People that think that adults need "more candy" in a game need to get over themselves. Want ridiculous drop rates where gear is easy to get? Devil 3 is waiting for you. :]

Cool topic btw!
"
tackle70 wrote:

In other words, you're just affirming what I've already been saying. SFL requests are just QQ about droprate.

Not what I said at all but I'm not surprised since you don't seem to be trying to listen to anyone else.

p.s. another way your wrong is the people who simply want a league without the extra drop rates.

Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jan 14, 2015, 6:04:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info