viper stirke 1.3.xx

Is there any new info for the mechanics of viperstrike since the new release? Is there an in depth explanation of its mechanics anywhere including its interactions with melee supports? The wiki only goes so far.
well, wiki is clear enough no ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
well, wiki is clear enough no ?

are you trolling? cause I clearly said the wiki only goes so far. yes its good for the calculations they put but there's no explanation of support gems and interactions. thanks for no being helpful in the slightest.
I don't understand what you don't understand about "interactions" and such.

Everytime you deal damage with viper strike, you have ##% chance to put a shiny green orb around the damaged monster(s). There is no limit on the number of shiny green orb and it deals classic damage degeneration based on total damage of the hit in question.

Where is the issue ? The wiki does say everything.
pm me ingame maybe i can help because i had the same questions :)
Last edited by 6tom6 on Jan 9, 2015, 1:55:25 PM
They made it the same as every other melee attack basically. Stack as much physical damage and attack speed as possible. Just llike burning builds it is better to make the initial hit as big as possible than to take increased burning nodes or in viper strikes case damage over time/chaos nodes.
Mmmm, VS scales with physical damage > chaos damage, how to improve this skill?, we got some options. Adder's Touch should be a must cause both DoT are independent, and if we use a Bino's the regen is insane.

The tree/nodes (Shadow) -> crit Multiplier > phys DMG + sustain + Crit Chance > chaos damage (but Entropy is a must).

Then, in a 6L chest: VS + melee splash + melee phys dmg + multistrike + added chaos dmg (or reduced mana) + empower 3 or 4.

4L Auras: Haste, Herald of thunder and ash + Reduced mana.

4L optional Secondary DPS: Puncture + Empower 3 or 4 + mine + trap (we are running DoT & Phys nodes).

Gears ideas, could be Lighting Coil ( = Lightning res) or Belly, flat and % phys dmg items and crit (some unique belts are great). The Chaos DMG boots are not bad too.
Spoiler

Atziri's Promise Flask is a good buff DMG.

GL, im theorycrafting with another builds but maybe in a near future ill try something with VS.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
Last edited by robotamen on Jan 9, 2015, 3:37:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info