Hideout Of The Week

"
DexDeus wrote:
GGG should totally make these copyable as a micro-transaction to monetise the game, crediting the creators, and give them 5 points for everyone that buys it.

Incentive to make your own - hell yeah free points. Incentive to copy - hell yeah i'm not creative enough and I want a badass looking h/o too. Incentive to GGG - Hell yeah more money!

Everyone wins.

Do it. It's worth your time GGG - its a massive cash cow!

i agree this might work, saw people commenting how they would buy an already made hideout "template"

having that said, it looks morally very suspicious, and maybe even illegal? i mean, wouldnt that be profiting from other peoples work? although i for one would agree to give rights to any hotw i would make to ggg without any profit, would be funny to see a hideout ive made everywhere :D

also, bex is awesome. we need more of bex! rename exalted orb to bexalted orb!
Man those hideouts are fucking amazing. Never thought that doing such thing were possible. Makes me feel bad for my hideout lol
Is this still a thing? Would love showing off my hideout :D!
@Zizaran ingame
If you have discontinued the Build of the Week, could you post to let us know?
"
hideouts wrote:
having that said, it looks morally very suspicious, and maybe even illegal? i mean, wouldnt that be profiting from other peoples work? although i for one would agree to give rights to any hotw i would make to ggg without any profit, would be funny to see a hideout ive made everywhere :D

Depending on the language in the EULA/TOS, it's likely that we've given GGG the rights to use our creations (hideouts) as they deem fit without any recompense to us. It's pretty common type of language for games that allow content creation of some sort. Something along the lines of "By accepting this agreement, you grant GGG the rights to use any content you create for their own purposes. This includes, but not limited to, advertising, microtransactions, and more. By creating and decorating any 'hideout' within Path of Exile, you agree that GGG owns all rights and privileges to the design and future use thereof... blah blah blah... legalese ... "

I'm a bit disappointed... was bored and dint feel like grinding, so I decided to do my hideout. After painstakingly placing over 200 bricks:

Spoiler

Please take this off. It's a shame that I (and several people who were going to do the same thing in global) are unable to build a hideout to our liking because of this.
make a larger hideout, lvl 3 hideout has 750 limit!
"
hideouts wrote:
make a larger hideout, lvl 3 hideout has 750 limit!

Still wouldn't be able to cover the floor in bricks, as I'd have more area to cover...
ah well, just cover the initial area and put boulders on the doors :P

but on a serious note, try using bricks for special occasions, like if you wanna make a road or a noble looking pathway. for most stuff just use path or road trim (tora), stone pieces (vegan), or red carpets (zana)
Is hideout of the week still going?

wondering when I should submit mine...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info