Fake shop threads?

"
Zac89 wrote:
I wouldn't know sorry lol i just wanted an answer to my question if anybody knew.

--> Every Player is entitled to set every item they want for every Price they want.
--> Every Player is also entitled to not answer you in their whole lifetime.

This is my Answer for you ^

Cheers
Last edited by PrototypX on Jan 7, 2015, 8:15:21 AM
No that is a answer. Thanks all the same though.
"
Zac89 wrote:
No that is a answer. Thanks all the same though.

Was meant to be.

You are welcome
While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers...
I just have a reply, too: No idea, really. Maybe to make people go check out their shop after finding an item on poe.trade? *shrug*
I'll follow up your question with another. Why is it illegal for a store (in the US) to advertize a low price for an item and then ask a higher price for it once you get to the store?

If you can answer that, you'll probably find the answer to your question.

My bet is that they only respond to replies like "You asked 3c... but I'll give you 2ex for it".

It's a way of getting the customers to offer a bid without having to ask "offer".
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 7, 2015, 9:05:15 AM
I think they put this in a selling post but wenn its time to sell it, they only think, o no for this little value i want even answer him :)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I'll follow up your question with another. Why is it illegal for a store (in the US) to advertize a low price for an item and then ask a higher price for it once you get to the store?

If you can answer that, you'll probably find the answer to your question.

My bet is that they only respond to replies like "You asked 3c... but I'll give you 2ex for it".

It's a way of getting the customers to offer a bid without having to ask "offer".

That is one possibility but I believe it is more prevalent that these fake shops are used to take advantage of people who use POE.trade to check the lowest priced item to price their items when someone inquires about the item.

The items are never actually sold at that price from those fake shops. The owners of these fake shops just use it for reference to buy up items (Romira's in this instance) from other well intentioned shop owners at the fake price in hopes that the seller references their fake shop for pricing.

It is a predatory practice that in the real world gets you a nice place in jail, and a new boyfriend (whether you like it or not). Here, it is unfortunately nearly impossible to prove and not enforceable to fight without an automated system (which come with a whole set of problems also). Pick your poison.
Because a lot of people uses xyz to do price checks.

It's simple market manipulation. And that's also why you have to value your own item and not trust blindly in a picture on some webpage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info