[1.3.X] TyroneJackson's Eggnog Sandwich Scion - over 100G dps. Yes, that's a G.

You came here looking for glory, for power, for the most insane dps you could ever hope to achieve in your Path of Exile experience. And I will deliver it.

This may not be the single highest feasible dps build, but I daresay it comes pretty close. To achieve maximum effectiveness with this build will take hundreds, if not thousands of exalts - but that is with perfect rolled equipment, which currently doesn't exist in the game. With near perfect gear it is possible to get up to 140G dps, but for most people, you will probably hang around in the low 100's.

And for most people this build is relatively affordable. Some builds can get you 1M dps with a bunch of GG legacy uniques and super pricey crafted weapons. Well we won't need any of that here. That's right, for this build you only need one piece of legacy gear, purchasable for an exalt (and even then it's a luxury). in fact, as it turns out, you could buy our main weapon for less than a chaos. All in all this build offers a very high dps/cost ratio, and I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

Some people say that tooltip dps is everything - that all that really matters in a build is the number you get by hovering over your main active skill. If you're looking for a build with high tooltip dps, then this might not be it; I suggest looking at a cast on crit build to satisfy your desires. But if you realize that sometimes there's more to the picture than just tooltip dps, then this is the build for you.

I'm just going to say, it's going to take a lot of balls to play like this. But if you do, you will be handsomely rewarded.

So now, without further ado, I present to you the one, the only, 100,000,000,000+ dps eggnog sandwich scion.

The passive tree
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAIiY0IIUOOyiDCWBDbj0DlncHhxOcpG-euMo7fA_EoqN_xhzckye0DEZxKPpXyQ186rrGnhB_DH2Cx5u1wzrKSha_D6tTNR9BAx4GI7VIcFIqC_PqxKKXBi2DGYqn1NwV_sgZ_hsBUUc-z73m-WP_3iT951SkwhR1VvruDqOKd9d29znUMfqgn6JA9PihIlpSqJqbXfKXJT-r0tqNLOndDfzFvqcZtMrT6mJ1y7e2EYHdRmOnjDZQQi1HtDjlGfv1l5dFfLEFuNCBr9o6Cpt4641-zZhR2bCS_5PTfu96otmw2CLqsTC1CHGhj08=

118 points, for a total of (consolidating all pertinent stats):

82% attack speed with bows
150% weapon elemental damage
223% bow physical damage
173% projectile damage
+1 maximum frenzy charge
170% crit multiplier with bows
21% increased effect of buffs on you
1.5 more bow damage at close range

You might be wondering, where are all the defensive nodes? All I can say is that defense is the least of your concerns when you have 100G dps.

Bandits
Spoiler
Point, Oak, Kraityn

Pretty self explanatory. Damage damage damage.

The idea
Spoiler
So maybe you've looked at the tree and seen the general gist of what we're trying to create here. There are a bunch of bow passives, so you might reason that it is a bow build. There are crit and crit multi passives, so you might reason that it is a crit build. There are also elemental damage nodes, so you might reason I'm doing some sort of element build.

The truth is, this build is all of the above. And, in the spirit of those guys who will do anything (running vaal haste, popping an atziri's promise, etc) to raise their tooltip dps, I will try to create the largest amount of actual single target dps ever conceived in the game. Hell, I might even throw in something that's not even possible.

As anybody who has made a high dps build knows, the best way to get high dps is to stack more modifiers (which are multiplicative as opposed to additive). We do just that.

Let's get technical (read otherwise you'll have no idea where anything came from)
Spoiler

Step 1: The target
Spoiler

You want your target to be as weak as possible. You're mostly dealing elemental damage, so let's say your target is another player, wearing nothing but an Ezomyte Peak, two Andvarius's and a legacy Immortal Flesh. That means he/she can't evade (awesome!) and has -80% to all elemental resistances (even more awesome!).

But wait!

So is this the one legacy item, Tyrone? Well technically I said that [/i]you[/i] don't need to buy any legacy items, so this doesn't really count towards the one legacy item because someone else is wearing it. Maybe your target needs to shell out the whole 15c required to purchase the old (and worse than nonlegacy) immortal flesh, but that's up to you. It's not terribly important in the end.

If this gimmick doesn't suit your fancy (attacking another player) go ahead and attack a stupid level 1 monster. You will rarely miss, and you'll still be able to easily get over 100G dps. But assuming you attack a player, the important stats from this step:

-80% all target resistances
Target can't evade (you don't need accuracy on gear)

Step 2: Shrines
Spoiler

This build is one of the few that makes use of the The Gull, a legacy unique from Domination that has the extremely powerful effect 75% increased effect of Shrine buffs on you. While you certainly don't need The Gull to do tons of dps (in the 100G+ range), it will help immensely.

So Tyrone... is this the one legacy unique?

Yes.

The four shrines you will need to simultaneously get for this build to work are the Diamond, Acceleration, Echoing, and Brutal Shrines. Don't worry, The Gull provides a helpful 50% increased duration to shrines to help you tag all four. Factor in The Gull's bonuses, you get these stats from your shrines:

175% more attack speed (acceleration shrine)
175% more attack speed (echoing shrine)
Always crit (diamond shrine) (this means you don't have to build crit)
87.5% increased global damage (brutal shrine)

Step 4: Gear
Spoiler

Note: values for stats such as added flat physical damage and added flat elemental damage are displayed as an average of their maximum and minimum values.

Your main weapon:

Yep, all you need is a Chin Sol to run this build. The higher the roll the better. As with all other items, there's also an optional corruption to achieve optimal dps - adds an additional arrow in this case.

Your boots:

Sundance is the high dps boot choice that we need. Corrupt with +1 frenzy charge.

Your gloves:

Because we always have a get crits from a diamond shrine, we just try to stack as much crit multiplier as we can get. And Facebreaker's 60% beats any other glove on the market. Corrupt for +1 to level of gems. No need to get legacy Facebreakers.

Your rings:
2x Rare Unset Ring:
12% WED Corruption
36% WED Prefix
39.5 Added Lightning Prefix
20.5 Flat phys Prefix
400 accuracy Suffix
30% Lightning damage Suffix

Rare Sharktooth arrow quiver:
Additional arrow Corruption
36% WED Prefix
20.5 Flat phys Prefix
39.5 Added Lightning Prefix
10% Attack speed Suffix
400 Accuracy Suffix
38% Crit multiplier Suffix

Your amulet:
Marylene's Fallacy. You just can't beat that 160% crit multiplier, and with diamond shrine, we honestly don't care about its 50% less crit chance effect. Best of all, it's really cheap (you can buy the cheaper legacy version, too). Corrupt with +1 frenzy charge.

Your chestplate:
6L Daresso's Defiance. Gives you a method of getting onslaught (for that sweet attack speed bonus). Corrupt with +1 level of gems.

Your helmet:
The Gull. No helpful corruptions.

Belt:
Maligaro's Restraint. The 60% increased damage while shocked is amazing, and you can easily shock yourself to get the bonus. No helpful corruptions.

Step 5: Your attack / other links
Spoiler

Vaal burning arrow (lvl 21) - LMP (lvl 20, 23q)- Increased crit damage (lvl 20, 23q) - WED (lvl 20, 23q)- Concentrated Effect (lvl 21) - Physical to Lightning (lvl 21, 20q)

This converts all your physical damage into elemental damage which can be scaled a second time, and also adds a bunch of more bonuses on top. LMP with the 2 additional arrows from your bow and quiver essentially becomes a 3.5x damage multiplier when shotgunned.

But wait!

You're using a vaal gem for your main attack, Tyrone!

Well, it does have 3 uses, so you can probably sustain it pretty well. Plus you will be slaughtering everything you touch so you'll be gaining plenty of extra charges.

Protip: vaal burning arrow is a ridiculous for getting high dps.

Other gems

You'll also run heralds to buff yourself. In your +1 to gems Facebreaker run:

Empower (lvl 4) - Herald of Thunder (lvl 21) - Herald of Lightning (lvl 21)

And somewhere else run:

Reduced mana (lvl 21) - Herald of Ash

Also run:

Blood rage (lvl 20, 23q)

and stay on low life (possibly by reserving your mana with a blood magic 40% aura) to get a nice attack speed on low life bonus.

Step 6: Friends
Spoiler

Friends are pretty cool people in general, and you're going to need them to run your dps up real high. 4 of your friends are going to be using a very similar setup to get cast the auras that really help support you. The basic gear setup is:

6L +1 to all gems, +2 to (fire/cold/lightning) gems staff corrupted with +1 to all gems

linked with Empower (level 4) - (Anger/Wrath/Hatred/Haste) (level 21)

Each of your friends runs a single Empower - Aura setup, with the guy running Haste also socketing Vaal Haste into the staff. Your friends also run a very simplistic skill tree:

To get the maximum effect out of their auras. Also note that you grabbed inner force on the tree to benefit most out of their auras. All in all you get:

+417.7888 flat fire damage
+612.8408 flat lightning damage
103.1888% physical damage converted to cold
45.3024% attack speed (haste)
108.2224% attack speed (vaal haste)

and these are conservative estimates (the wiki doesn't have info for some of the higher gem levels). Hot damn.

Step 7: Another friend
Spoiler

The last friend you want will be quite possibly your most important. This is your curser. Your curser will need 2x Doedre's Damning, Windscream, and a +1 curse amulet. He/she uses the following tree:

All the curser needs are all the curse nodes to get curse effect and one additional curse from the tree. This allows the curser to run a solid 6 curses.

Then, in a 6L +1 to gems, +2 lightning, corrupted with +1 to gems staff, the curser runs:

Empower (lvl 4) - Enhance (lvl 4) - Projectile Weakness (lvl 21) - Assassin's Mark (lvl 21)- Conductivity (lvl 21) - Elemental Weakness (lvl 20, 23q)

and in his/her second loadout, a 6L +1 to gems, +2 cold, corrupted with +1 to gems staff with

Empower (lvl 4) - Enhance (lvl 4) - Frostbite (lvl 21) - Flammability (lvl 21)

As we will see in a moment, there will also be a dying breath in play to make these curses even more potent than they already are.

But wait, Tyrone!

There's a node you didn't talk about!

Ah yes, elemental equilibrium. This build primarily does lightning and cold damage, so the curser can also prime enemies with a fire spell to lower both lightning and cold resistances by an additional 50% each. This comes at the cost of +25% fire res, but in the end EE increases your dps even more.

In total, with the curses, EE, and the -res bonuses from the Andvariuses and Immortal flesh, you'll have -280.417% to both cold and lightning resistances and -205.417% to fire resistance. The build finally begins to come together.

Step 8: More friends
Spoiler

Guess what? Everyone can run it. And of course, your guardians should all be carrying:

Leer Cast + Dying Breath

for amazing bonuses to your global damage dealt. You can run a total of 6 guardians in your party, and all of your other friends can also wear Leer Casts for a total of 11 x 15% = 165% increased global damage dealt.

But wait, Tyrone!

Dying Breaths don't stack, right?

Yeah they don't stack. But the guardians will look way cooler all being the same. Also remember Inner Force increases the effect of Dying Breath's damage buff.

Step 9: Dominating Blow / Conversion Trap
Spoiler

Now if we just stopped there you might be in the high millions for your dps. To really take off, you're going to want to utilize the skills Dominating Blow and Conversion Trap to take advantage of monster auras as well. Here are the key ones you or your friends might dominate/convert to give you ridiculous bonuses:

Additional lightning/cold/fire totems: 50% phys -> element conversions (*)
Allies deal substantial extra physical damage totem: 50% increased physical damage
Allies attack, cast, and move faster totem: 35% increased attack speed

*not confirmed for cold or fire, but confirmed for lightning

Step 10: The Cherries on Top
Spoiler

Now your build is almost rounding out. We just need a few additional bonuses to help push us well into the 100G's.

Atziri's Promise: 15% elemental damage converted to chaos (a bit hard to calculate, I'll just leave it out)
Taste of Hate: 30% of physical damage gained as cold damage
Culling Strike: You only have to chunk through 90% of a target's health, so your dps is effectively increased by a factor of 1/.9 = 1.11111
Shock: it's pretty easy to shock things, and shocks increase the damage you deal to your target by a 50% more modifier

So, what's your final dps?
Spoiler

All in all, we should be able to manage an easy 148,978,108,381.89 dps with perfect gear and leveled gems. It should be fairly easy to obtain 100+G dps with this setup, even without the 20/23 gems and perfect gear rolls.

Reflect
Spoiler

But wait, Tyrone! Won't this build get one-shotted by reflect?

No. And it ain't getting one-shotted by anything else, for that matter.

Concluding thoughts
As you've probably seen, it turns out getting ridiculous dps is not only possible but also cost efficient - even without super duper awesome gear (we're using a Chin Sol as a weapon, for Christ's sake, and you don't need all the perfect rolled items and leveled gems) you can achieve amazingly high (100+G) dps.

Some people are satisfied with 40k dps. Others prefer at least 100k. Lesser still believe that at least 1M dps is the way to go.

Well, I think 100G should satisfy most of your desires for a high dps build, at least for the time being. Perhaps soon I'll have a one trillion dps build in the works for those of you who thirst for more.

I hope you've enjoyed this guide, feel free to check out my other build:

TyroneJackson's Naked Marauder (significantly lower dps in comparison):

It's another great read, highly suggested for anyone who wants to take a fresh look at Path of Exile.

Also, if you doubt the miraculous numbers thrown at you, I could send you the Excel file containing all of the calculations. But honestly I'll probably be too lazy to do that. Back in the day, I got an A in Algebra I, so you might as well just take what I say as truth.

Edit log:
Spoiler

1/5/15, 10:02 PM PST - Formatting
[2.1] Harvest Blade Vortex - 70% phys mitigation perma flask build
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1564887
[1.2] Naked Marauder Build - end game build with no clothes!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1031339
Last edited by hypernegus on Jan 6, 2015, 1:02:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info