Hall of Grandmasters Development Update 5

"
BeRse wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:

Don't look at it like if it was "added content". As I said above, it's more like a trophy for those who paid for the pack. People that would call for nerfs because "I don't have 10 hours to play a day to get better gear and I don't RMT like everyone else" would totally miss the point of what that map is supposed to be.

if its just a "trophy" as you call it then it shouldn't get as much as developing time

The "trophy" aspect is that the grandmasters get to use one of their own characters, which offers that grandmaster the potential for a small amount of PoE fame.

The player must have built the character and acquired the gear for submission, which makes this map somewhat like an irregular PvP scenario.

The map isn't for the 1%, and it isn't GGG designing something for the players to be able to accomplish. It is for the players who really love a tough challenge. PoE has a fair number of such players, imo.

The difficulties in this map are essentially player designed. Each player is trying to make it difficult, if not nigh impossible to defeat their grandmaster. This map is like going to the moon, or climbing Mt Everest, or a manned trip to Mars. Initially, it will be insurmountable. Over time, as players keep trying various strategies and builds, a few will manage success.

I do think GGG should have some sort of MTX reward that is exclusive for completing this map.

Maybe a set of black tentacles wings with some flames and rising tendrils of smoke?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jan 6, 2015, 6:13:26 PM
I like your positive attitude about it, but I can't help but think there won't be any single build that can defeat the map, because it'll be fighting the best, and craziest of many, many, many builds. It just doesn't seem like it'll be possible to be immune to every little thing. Happy to be wrong, but I can't at this stage disagree with the (0.0000000000)1% comments...
or it might be possible to have the death of each master recorded and after one has managed to finially kill all the grandmasters of each release a unique MTX could be issued, or better yet a cool hideout trophy/s could be rewarded simular to what they are doing with the totem idea, something that can be shown off in your hideout would be cool, like having the head of each grandmaster on a trophy wall after killing or something, i don't know im not a designer ffs.
IGN: shadowfateweaver / freezemyheart
Is there a death penalty for this map?
The maps gonna benin the 69-70 If I recall correctly.
Poorjoy and action aren't that hard until you've learn the mechanism.

A softcore player already beat Atziri using a CI/EB char... and people start to farm atziri as soon as second week of league at worst ;)

I cant wait to see it! !
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
mtness wrote:
or it might be possible to have the death of each master recorded and after one has managed to finially kill all the grandmasters of each release a unique MTX could be issued, or better yet a cool hideout trophy/s could be rewarded simular to what they are doing with the totem idea, something that can be shown off in your hideout would be cool, like having the head of each grandmaster on a trophy wall after killing or something, i don't know im not a designer ffs.

This IS GREAT IDEA: a head of each GM would looks so good. (Tough I only accept head from female characters :::D )
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
new potions
D3 sucks
"
mtness wrote:

hahaha.. I kinda like that "decapitated head trophy case" idea.. lol How sick would that be?!
IGN Ken__Kaniff
"
BeRse wrote:
its already gotten five development updates - so i'm guessing alot of work hours going into this project
in my opinion it should get no time at all because its something for 1% of the community and the game has so many issues which should be adressed first

So far, there are 50 grandmasters in there, each of which paid 500$. That's a total of 25.000$ !
I'd say with a budget like this, they can put a LOT of work into that map!

Seriously, unless you support this game with a similar amount of money, you shouldn't criticize the devs for putting effort into making something for those who actually pay for it...
really hopeful people here. the only way i see to beat this map is to make a god char that 1shots literally everything before it gets to touch you. on the map, they'll be dealing spikes of hundreds of thousands dps, possibly x times that depending on how many chars are in a single area...

...and we can get, what, 10k hp? maybe 20-30k with life/es? you ain't livin' through that brah. not unless you kill them before they touch you.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info