Whakawairua Tuahu portals only worked one way

This just happened to me as well, but I found a way to go back. If you haven't portaled out yet, you can exit back to the character selection screen and then go back in and you will be at the start again. Got me the achievement when I thought all was lost.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:
The one-way portal behaviour is intended.

What a load of shit. It's neither interesting or fun to have such mechanics so what is the point? Wasting players time for no good reason is not something you should be aiming to do.

"
Apolyon34 wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:

What a load of shit. It's neither interesting or fun to have such mechanics so what is the point? Wasting players time for no good reason is not something you should be aiming to do.

Dude, it's GRINDING Gear Games. They do everything that makes ppl play as long as possible :D
But yeh, that one'way thing is horrible idea... hope they'll understand this and will make it 2way.
Ran into the exact same problem where I thought it was a 2-way portal (I mean whats the point of it being there if you can't use it?!) and i had 1 mob left :(

Also another bug(?), my map had turbo mod (34% movement speed, 30% attack speed, 32% cast speed) but the map has no info about this (neither does the wiki)

Silly design, please either remove the portals at the "2nd stage" or make the portals 2-way :/
"
Apolyon34 wrote:
"
Henry_GGG wrote:

comedy gold, accusing a company which provides a free to play and grindy game of wasting player's time...

on the other hand, if portals are visible in later stages of the map, it's kind of misleading the player.

additionally the wiki doesn't provide the info of "not being able to return to previous stages" of the map and the description on the map itself ("Maps can only be used once.") isn't helpful either.

and the possibility (the bug) to be able to reenter the first stage of the map by simply relogin is defeating the purpose of the supposed challenge.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
That is literally the only portal in the game I have encountered where you could not go back.
"
Henry_GGG wrote:

Just got owned by this too, it's really counter intuitive especially with general map design screaming clear me asap and then go look through the loot. Plus it really is like one of the only portals that work this way.

Also why not remove the portals on another side if that's the intended behavior? Or make then not do the poof animation? Shoddy work there.

If this is intended there should be no portals, or if that's not possible they should look like they are disabled (not glowing or something) and for sure not do the transport animation, otherwise it's pure BS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info