Whakawairua Tuahu portals only worked one way

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended (or I did something wrong).

Today I got the Whakawairua Tuahu unique map drop for the first time.

Anyway I cleraed the first section (or so I thought) then portalled to the second section and cleared that, and killed the bosses.

But I didn't get the 'full map clear notification. So checked /remaining and it said there were still 5 mobs left.

So I went to the portal (both of them) to go back to the 1st section. They did the portal animation but nothing happened (I didn't get teleported back to the first section of the map - assumed it would work like the Piety portal).

Anyway due to that I was not able to clear the unique map for the full map clear challenge (also left quite a few rares sitting on the other side I assume).

Last bumped on May 20, 2017, 11:49:12 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Same with me but with 1 monster remaining -.-''
I fear it is by design.

A bad design.

Had to buy another one to finish the challenge, so I feel your pain
If it's by design then it's stupid and should be removed from the full map clear challenge list. Given the 'creeping darkness' mod, it's hard enough already to ensure that the 1st section is clear before going to the 2nd section.
Just had this happen to me. Wish I would have know ahead of time.
I agree, just ripped two of these both because of either missing one mob or because the map is pretty rippy in general.
I tried to get the full clear challenge too but i think i also left 5 mobs to the first side of map. Then i tried again with another map and this time it was same result with just 1 monster remaining.

GGG please fix the portal thing to allow traveling back to first side of map.
Just had this happen to me too. Portals play animation but do not teleport me back so I guess no full clear for me. It is frustrating and I see no purpose in not letting us to go back.
The one-way portal behaviour is intended.
That's a pretty annoying mechanic. Seeing how the map properties were functioning I did what I thought was the most sensible thing - clear quickly, get to the boss whilst I could still see and leave a ton of rares and currency on the ground. Obviously I picked up uniques, and would have picked up GCP/chaos or higher, but I left a good chunk of other orbs and probably some decent rares assuming I could go back and pick them up afterwards. Taking things out of players' control that way is bad design in my opinion - from a loot perspective you are already restricted by having 6 portals, so knowing all that loot and currency is just lost is just crap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info