[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
lDantonl wrote:
"

@OosBand

hey again, sorry for the frequent questions but i wanted to get your opinion on my new wand.

picked this up for 1 ex

is it worth putting the elreon multiple crafting mods to get crit multi and attack speed for this? Are there room for these mods?

Thanks again.

Max 3 affixes rare in order to use multiple master crafting.
IGN - Duck_Ya
"
erimin5 wrote:
What are the advantages of using a PHY wand over an ELE one? Other than for leech.

I upgraded from ele to phy wand...

but only gain 170dps in my KB. And i don't find my leech any better either.

Really? What tree you have? Seems odd that you didn't gain much damage. Fusillade and Elder Power with that new wand should be a big dps boost, even if you're using WED gem.

"
ewaste wrote:
@Oosband will soon have a 10.8 crit 290+ pdps wand up for mirror as soon as I hit flaring or tempered :)

Got incision, 2nd tier cmulti, cruel, mercenary so its over 200%+ phys and master crafted 12% ias only need that flat now :D

Its hard capping the str, and cant get any ev helm with 600+ with life cres and accuracy

Sounds amazing, Flaring is pretty hard to roll now though, so good luck. Standard league?

"
MisterHat wrote:
Hi!

I am playing your build in Torment at the moment (level 39 in Cruel so far). It's a lot of fun, now that I have Kinetic Blast with GMP, FA and Power Charge on Crit running.

I was wondering about chaos resistance. In your setup, you seem to have no chaos resist at all from gear - it shows -60 %. Is it now needed? Why not? Should I get chaos resist?

MisterHat

I have -36%, chaos res on two pieces of gear. You should get it if you can, but I'm used to the chaos damage in this game so as long as you play smart it shouldn't be a problem.

"
tommigee wrote:
thinking about characters that I wanna play ... this looks fun!
do you think this wand will be good enough for high level maps with this build?

it's 180pdps, but the crit is pretty nice.

Yeah that wand will carry you through pretty much every map, but later you'll probably want to upgrade to a faster wand for a more fun experience.

"
lDantonl wrote:
"

@OosBand

hey again, sorry for the frequent questions but i wanted to get your opinion on my new wand.

picked this up for 1 ex

is it worth putting the elreon multiple crafting mods to get crit multi and attack speed for this? Are there room for these mods?

Thanks again.

Yeah nice wand for 1ex. You cant get multimod on that (will have multi mod + one mod). So reroll the crit roll with level 7 Tora until it's 26/27% and you're set, good job.
Make it 20% quality too.
IGN: @Oos
Surprised you haven't covered Crown of Eyes at all with this build.

Been using this personally, kinda looking around at other wander builds to see what other people are doing. Kinda enjoying the phys proj route so far.

Yes, I got hella lucky on that craft. It's what made me decide to go CoE. That was also 1 divine.

I'm still debating on Herald of Ash vs Herald of Thunder. I like the Hatred + Herald of Ice combo for the aoe freeze, Ash is great for the burn, but Herald of Thunder seems like better damage whereas Herald of Ash kind of makes your damage more well rounded through the elements and has the overkill burn. I'm low on chromes so I can't try it.

What's your thoughts on Lightning Coil vs Belly of the Beast? I'm using an extremely generic chest at the moment and I think I'm going to go with Lightning Coil personally, though I can see Belly of the Beast being pretty much equal.

Side note, here's my gear:
Spoiler

And a slightly modified tree, more optimal for CoE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_Ax4mlR9BYeIGI1VLtUiMNm1s8-rndDY9Kgvo1uywnapwUpsmBbWMC2KsbIyJ0zIBBfnUI42_uXxw1bIZlwYwcVFHXfLPesSi3agwfOdUDkhh67vjS3h_K419JP0RlmNDelP-ujpC1ooj9v_ef8YHHn11TZInqcHFoqOVLtN--u_B8_DVAF78ZJUggh5JURmOSpprFy0fFLDbC-2DogS86sUoTLOaYQguwFT2W1AwBAfCc2pDCPRZvNteg9tzcFXGn4g6WPbnznAJoGznP3M=

Overall, nice build, very solid. Used your's + YoshiXT's 1.2 stuff as a basis for creating my wander, will give proper credits and all when I make a build thread.

EDIT: Woops wrong weapon set LOL
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Jan 24, 2015, 8:26:19 PM
@Oosband

Now the other wand is in standard as i ripped @ lvl 92 :/

But got a new craft going on :
Ranger Phys ST Guide
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/888555
"
Oosband wrote:
High HP single bosses are hard to sustain power charges and leech on, so I usually skip Palace Dom and Magaera honestly.

I skip Palace Dom too, but kill Magaera
She's more easy because you have space to run and avoid her spells. I also can't be stunned so her firestorm can't stunlock me, and as ci i can hide to restore full es. With last dom form it's not possible (or i don't know, how to do this)...

"
gfeldman wrote:
I just wanted to share my CWDT setup with everyone. I think that it works synergistically with this build. I hope that you can all benefit from it as I do. Basically it does the standard endurance charge/immortal call, but I have traded increased duration for frost wall! This eliminates all the issues with manually casting frost wall (typical cast will slow you down, this is instant), provides both physical and some spell protection, and increases your damage (because KB explodes when it hits, and with pierce it will explode again on enemy).
Frost wall is nice (i used it with cwdt also). BUT. It can lock you in narrow passages with monsters. So be prepared and ready to teleport away.

"
ewaste wrote:
@Oosband

What will you do next with this wand? Et-ex? I had similar in rampage, regalled it and it was ruined

I also wanted to point two things:

1) 1.5 (imbued) vs 1.67 aps (imbued+ias) is HUGE difference

2) Proj returns are actually quite fun. And deal damage too (obviously, don't work with 100% pierce)
Last edited by alt0172 on Jan 25, 2015, 4:53:49 AM
"
TheuberClips wrote:
Surprised you haven't covered Crown of Eyes at all with this build.

Been using this personally, kinda looking around at other wander builds to see what other people are doing. Kinda enjoying the phys proj route so far.

Yes, I got hella lucky on that craft. It's what made me decide to go CoE. That was also 1 divine.

I'm still debating on Herald of Ash vs Herald of Thunder. I like the Hatred + Herald of Ice combo for the aoe freeze, Ash is great for the burn, but Herald of Thunder seems like better damage whereas Herald of Ash kind of makes your damage more well rounded through the elements and has the overkill burn. I'm low on chromes so I can't try it.

What's your thoughts on Lightning Coil vs Belly of the Beast? I'm using an extremely generic chest at the moment and I think I'm going to go with Lightning Coil personally, though I can see Belly of the Beast being pretty much equal.

Side note, here's my gear:
Spoiler

And a slightly modified tree, more optimal for CoE:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_Ax4mlR9BYeIGI1VLtUiMNm1s8-rndDY9Kgvo1uywnapwUpsmBbWMC2KsbIyJ0zIBBfnUI42_uXxw1bIZlwYwcVFHXfLPesSi3agwfOdUDkhh67vjS3h_K419JP0RlmNDelP-ujpC1ooj9v_ef8YHHn11TZInqcHFoqOVLtN--u_B8_DVAF78ZJUggh5JURmOSpprFy0fFLDbC-2DogS86sUoTLOaYQguwFT2W1AwBAfCc2pDCPRZvNteg9tzcFXGn4g6WPbnznAJoGznP3M=

Overall, nice build, very solid. Used your's + YoshiXT's 1.2 stuff as a basis for creating my wander, will give proper credits and all when I make a build thread.

EDIT: Woops wrong weapon set LOL

Hi Uber.

Yeah CoE is pretty good for this build, just very expensive, not only for the helm but also balancing your resistances on other gear (+ getting spell shield/neck). But CoE offers great utility with the leech, accuracy and spell>attack mod.

I'd prefer Belly. Light Coil is obviously great still but there was times I got a bit cocky and went to pretty low life, I'd be dead in those situations if it weren;t for Belly. With CWDT+IC setup then phys damage pretty much isnt a problem, especially when you have quality IC/Inc Dur.
So yeah, I'd suggest Belly for the elemental mitigation too.

As for Ash vs Thunder, it's personal preference again. Ash will provide more damage to attacks (possibly not for you because less phys on wand/jewelry), but Thunder provides good damage with the lightning storm and also utility with leech or curse on hit if you chose to use a 3/4L for it.

"
ewaste wrote:
@Oosband

Gonna eternal regal? You going to use that mod so it cant roll spell mods?
Wands are so hard to craft, but good luck.
hey Oos, great build. so far lvl 59 and loving it. one issue though: mana. im constantly oom even with the mind thinker passive. im fine for big packs but when i have 1-2 mobs or a boss etc, spamming PS or even kiting the boss/rare to a wall and spamming KB still doesnt leech me back enough. im forced to keep 1 mana flask for this and even then it isnt enough for longer fights.

here is my gear:
Spoiler

edit: sorry just read ur FAQ (im a newb). so it suggested i need some more mana via mana rolls on gear to help? ya none of my gear as mana on it. ill try for that and see if it helps.
Last edited by godhand456 on Jan 27, 2015, 9:34:19 AM
Nice guide and build. I'll be trying it out today. Thank you OP.
"
godhand456 wrote:
hey Oos, great build. so far lvl 59 and loving it. one issue though: mana. im constantly oom even with the mind thinker passive. im fine for big packs but when i have 1-2 mobs or a boss etc, spamming PS or even kiting the boss/rare to a wall and spamming KB still doesnt leech me back enough. im forced to keep 1 mana flask for this and even then it isnt enough for longer fights.

here is my gear:
Spoiler

edit: sorry just read ur FAQ (im a newb). so it suggested i need some more mana via mana rolls on gear to help? ya none of my gear as mana on it. ill try for that and see if it helps.

Yeah you're low level still, so you may need to use a mana flask for 10 or so levels. As you level up you'll have a larger mana pool. Getting mana rolls on gear will help, and physical damage on jewelry/belt/wand.

Don't worry too much right now, keep the mana pot, keep leveling and upgrading your gear, you'll be fine later.
How are you reaching such a high tooltip?

I'm just barely breaking 3k (4.2k with charges).

Level 67 at the moment.

I clear fine, I just want the huge tooltip for epeen purposes.
Last edited by Detrites on Jan 27, 2015, 10:06:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info