Wow, just wow!

So, 12 hours ago I came home and decided to do master missions. I do the missions and just when I was about to log off, there is a random guy asking for help against Dominus.
I was like, ok, I still have a minute to spare.
I destroyed his commanders and first form, while noticing the guy died almost 2 times. Then the second form appears. Again it seems the random guy has no clue, standing outside in the rain but no worries I dispatch the second form in 3 seconds. And then that feeling when Occultists drops. I feel the rush but am like, another troll mantle.
I have been playing this game for 2 years now. I was always like dont even think about those T1 uniques, for all I care they dont exist.
The best thing I ever dropped was a Binos and that is it. Everything else I got, was with grind and buy doctrine (pretty much with fuses).
Now there is this guy who cant even beat Dominus with portal cheesing and started playing this week. Game decided he deserves Shavs!!! To make it worse the game decides to rub it in a my face for the 2nd time. Yes... This is a second time I saw Shavs drop in 2 player team and second time the system allocated it to the other guy! Does this seem fair to you?
I dont mind the first time since both of us were equal and fighting our way trough the map. The ironic part is that he stopped playing never to be seen again yet I am still here (what a fool), just to get shafted again, for not being a global scumbag and laugh in the guys face, claiming his build sucks and should reroll. I always helped random players with free good gear, gems, waypoints and boss fights...
All I can say atm is... I realize now I was a fool to help others. Thinking my good deeds will be rewarded at some point, but the reality is just the opposite. I helped others jump trough hurdles and over walls instead of letting them fail and quit and increase my chances to get a godly drop.
If I ever bounce back from this and muster enough willpower to start playing, I am joining the dark side. Screw karma! Maybe i will start it off with invading maps.... Get ready for some AAA scumbaggery.
You seem to not understand the nature of RNG if you're saying things like "game decided he deserves shavs". Noone decided he deserved anything. Also, "thinking my good deeds will be rewarded" what? Really?
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Jan 3, 2015, 8:43:12 AM
Nice guys always finish last. Scumbaggery... hahaha... love that word.
There is no emotion, there is only RNG
There is no skill for drop, there is only Luck.
10/10, quality thread. :P
never stop helping others.
RNG is a heartless mother****, but it has nothing to do with helping others or not.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I'm sorry to hear that. I too have always helped out newbies and those in need without asking for anything in return. Usually I just get the kill in and take a portal back to town without checking the loot. Whatever drops I let the person I'm helping take it. It doesn't bother me much if they get a rare unique cus it's their luck.

No need to go to the dark side. You could if you want to, no one can stop you. But I still believe in being the good guy. Recently it's paid off.

Got this while soloing a level 66 map from breaking a pot:

You'll probably not find Shavs; you usually never find what you're looking for, but you'll probably stumble upon a Mjolner, Windripper, or even a mirror unexpectedly. Have faith in being the good guy. (Don't check the loot if you're helping someone out--get in, get out, good deed done, +1 karma).
Such greed and jealousy. People often forget that PoE is just a video game.
best drop since day 1 open beta: exalted orb.

chanced a BoR and Voltaxic.

always helped players who needed help.

never saw anything more expensive then maligaros drop.

but:
Spoiler

and tons of other cool stuff.

Result: quitt your bitchin, keep on helping noobs.
+Items do drop, in the trade chat window, just play the trade game.
"
Banev wrote:

Result: quitt your bitchin, keep on helping noobs.
+Items do drop, in the trade chat window, just play the trade game.

quit bitching. keep on helping newbies.
but fuck trade. and I say it as one who recently tried. ended up hating it even more.
Standard isn't a place to try your hand at trade.
so fuck trade.

never saw a top-tier unique. never will.
won't stop offering free help where it's needed.
and fuck trade.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jan 3, 2015, 10:21:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info