Any atziri viable build with Oro's Sacrifice?

Hello, so I was trying to 5L Oro's Sacrifice, and on a lucky shot 6L dropped before 5L, so I decided to make a build based on Oro's Sacrifice with my marauder, but Im very confused on what skills to use to make an end-game and Atziri viable build with this sword. Please if someone can help me will be great!
No such build in existence.
I really hope there is a viable build to play with, it would be really funny! :(
Of course there are "viable" builds, but frankly the sword stinks in comparison to physical ones. I have a high rolled sword and tried to make a decent build with it a few times (Spectral Throw, Cyclone, Flicker Strike), but I was never impressed.

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 3, 2015, 5:05:44 PM
Safest is the spectral throw variant but the sword is really bad.

The damage is capped due to limited ele nodes and lack od access to attack speed passives (that is these are avilable but the cost is prohibitive)

And then tou have that absurd and isiotic drawback that pretty much forces one into eb/aa combo that eats further passives and item slots.

Ofc the vision of perma flicker is nice but.. atziri cannot be ignited and what is the use of perma-no-damage?

Tried it. Got it to 76(?) And switched to timed paint drying sessions as these at least were going somewhere

Oro is one of the biggest flops ggg ever produced and one of the most bizzare case of over-caution resulting in extreme drawback on crap item while stuff like shavs has no drawback whatsoever..

Yes, you guys are right. Physical swords are a lot better than Oro´s, but I think Oro´s mechanics are a lot funnier and interesting than classic physical. Im probably gonna try a cyclone build. Any tips on auras/tree/gearing are welcome, guys!
Atziri has a 'healing phase' that is simply a dps check - i doubt Oro' cyclone can beat that. maybe i did my build wrongly (but then there is simply no other way to 'pick all ele/fire nodes on the tree') but judging by my damage, i would rather sell Sac set instead of trying it as the chances are 'slim'
just reminded me of something - cyclone variant is far less attractive than before due to levels on cyclone no longer granting attack speed.

this cuts dps from anger and flat fire from items a bit. also cuts the healing from LGOH

so maybe try the spectral throw variant. it is quite fun to play (surprisingly) and has nice synergy with stuff like Darkray Vectors and other 'frenzy items'. but do not expect it to carry you trough to the high-end content.

but if all fails - the oro's 3d model is TOP NOTCH!
"
Oro is one of the biggest flops ggg ever produced and one of the most bizzare case of over-caution resulting in extreme drawback on crap item while stuff like shavs has no drawback whatsoever..

oros is a Diamond supporter unique and the Problem behind the idea is that there are no "adds X% of elemental dmg as extra X damage". so because of the missing phys dmg u cant use added fire, phys to ligthning, hatred etc.

imo this item is really strong, but there are no gems to use with. it was released to the worst time, because its difficult to find any working gems + a vialable passive tree.

maybe a tree looks something like this these days:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA-_WXl0V85Rm0OIw25Y6ksZ1jXfJh4lVLf8YRlg5IHwIEB0yzLR-VIMHzoqMyNIdlr7dVxoPbwFS86msXakOxBbjQga_aOij66-64k6cI2CQ2xcBmRUcy0aIABLNo8vAf4XOCm-0gmjvsOJBVJy9X4nflMolxhcAaGjhG11cp2rmxQvMReuZj_eNqFm826SSqEmmdrhcccXkYZRpsSVHw1ZUuBx7MZpRcSpj53YuM7FUqjUkbNtjxbKyYOlgulJeFNPchsFNSRZ2a4CaVFr_IDLTRdoLjhGyMnao2PWKs
Last edited by Hyron on Jan 7, 2015, 7:38:35 AM
that tree wont cut it

a) no EB -> No AA. and you HAVE to counter that 10% more (increased but as the base it 0 it is the same) phys/fire dmg received. AA is the perfect choice
b) no aura nodes - so no purity of fire +max res. again - penalty and reflect that is pure fire damage and can bypass even AA
c) accuracy.. comes exactly from where? :)

im using something like this -
lvl 78, all future levels (if i ever bother) are going to be life as there is simply no more dmg available

btw - dot nodes are pretty useless as cyclone/st all have low dmg and the ignites are mostly cosmetic. you wont be killing much with ignites. flicker strike dmg is better but then.. well.. i cannot stand the screen chaos + desync combo. i know it is unfortunate as the sword IS the flicker sword. tough luck

btw - sword is BAD. it might get better with better passives but currently these are not there so judging by CURRENT game environment - the sword is a flop. i know it is Diamond unique - it doesnt change a bit. flop is a flop.

Last edited by sidtherat on Jan 8, 2015, 4:32:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info