Descent Bursts

Right now these are awarding full placement points and demis which I think is a bit much for these short races. I think it might be bugged though since the race doesn't say they award demis. The placement points imo should be the same as normal bursts.

I just got 22 points from 3 bursts and 1 of them I did not get any placement points.

The race itself I feel needs a bit of work in terms of consistency. Some maps are extremely wide and packs are very spread apart. Magic pack RNG is too powerful for the first few areas because of this. You can waste so much time trying to finish off a level fishing for a few extra packs running left and right while someone can get it all with just 1 magic pack along the way. The huge wide maps are unnecessary I feel and just favour some hudders.

It has potential for bursts but the 2nd and 3rd area are way way toooooooo wide.

Some class gems are pretty poor compared to others but that can be fine since you only place against your class.

How does anyone else feel towards these bursts? I had some fun but the goat area is really brutal to rush through, some rhoas too.

This was the first PVE race to get me to race this season. Was fun!

There's indeed a discrepancy between Demis/etc and what the race information says.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jan 2, 2015, 9:40:14 AM
This demi is worthless garbage anyways, doesn't really matters to me. Also since you can/could get this crap from EL and burst, why do u surprised?
Race itself feels like a worst moments of a descent concentrated and repeated 3 times. At least from my noob pov
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
Race itself feels like a worst moments of a descent concentrated and repeated 3 times. At least from my noob pov
I agree with this - Descent is meant to be about the strategy of picking the chests you need and whether or not to kill the bosses of each area. In a burst, the decision is moot - you can't afford to not pick the alluring chest and you'd better pray to RNGsus you get a weapon from the first boss or your rank is going to be shit.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
jstq wrote:
I agree with this - Descent is meant to be about the strategy of picking the chests you need and whether or not to kill the bosses of each area. In a burst, the decision is moot - you can't afford to not pick the alluring chest and you'd better pray to RNGsus you get a weapon from the first boss or your rank is going to be shit.

Killing bosses in descent burst? ;D

What are you a molten strike or somethin?
i killed all the bosses kappa
"
terrex wrote:
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
jstq wrote:

I tried the first heat as a ranger and second and third as scion. Killed the boss on the third one out of desperation because the second one had no dps.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

I tried the first heat as a ranger and second and third as scion. Killed the boss on the third one out of desperation because the second one had no dps.

I'd definitely avoid them unless you get some crazy single target damage. :)
Last edited by terrex on Jan 2, 2015, 10:59:24 AM
It was a nostalgic reminder of just about everything there was to hate about Descent.
The claw your eyes out start as ranger
The enfeeble zone while on a white crude bow
The zone that can only be described as a showcase built for the sake of displaying just how horrible the sync code is (aka goat zone)

And then as we reach the spider zone where Descent typically started to level off and become something decent, we wrap the race up.

tldr: no more please
Get weapon of first boss, rush to spider zone and pray for helman packs. Rest honestly doesn't really matter. I like it better than regular burst races since there's no corrupted zones, shrines, blue crabs blocking tight corridors 50/50 rng in submerged/prison. But I really just wish they would brought back the original descent.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info