Finishing Touches: My map design [Cancelled]

"
Perq wrote:

I really wish that people who can design something could be a little more creative than "throw some big numbers in". Gotta admit the last most interesting unique I have seen were Shackles of the Wretched. They are as UNIQUE as UNIQUE gets. I really wish to see more uniques like them, and less "THIS ITEM GIBS YOU MUCH STATS!" kind of thing : - /

As more uniques are made, and they cover more possibilities, it gets increasingly difficult to find new things to explore within the limits of GGG's game engine. There are also new ideas out there that are NOT on any CURRENT uniques, but reserved for ones still in the design process.

Occasionally, a unique item will generate something completely new for the game, such as Zahndethus' Moonsorrow adding Blind to the game, or Berek's in which GGG added 2 stone rings.

I think this map is definitely an effort to create a unique and different experience, not just a bigger numbers map.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
"
ItsRay wrote:
"
+ 150% - 200% Rarity | IIR Decreased but added IQ
+ 50% Item Quality

Doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Its sad that you just got to have enough money and not knowledge in the game.

Or did you seriously mean that all items should drop with 50% quality when 20% is the max in the game? (without vaal)

? The fuck is this shit

IQ and IIR are in the game why is that hard to understand? Maybe you don't know shit about the game.

IQ exist on items such as Perandous belt

This applies the entire effect through the map while having a very high IR.

epic fail ...
Another question:

"Monster damage is increased overtime the darker it is"

As it gets 90% darker, does that mean that the DAMAGE will be 90% as well? That would be insane, and i'd rather say 2% dark > 1% damage as a base damage punch of say 2000 would end up at 3800, rendering armor useless. Or how would the damage increase function?

I still think that the map concept is winning, and that the stage events are great.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Are you sure you want to call it "In Utter Darkness"? Sounds cheesy, not ominous.

Having it on other language hands a bonus (Gotterdamerung, Dominus, Matua Tupuna) and in/or/at and such make it less dramatic.

What about "Utter Darkness" or "Pelna Noc"? For instance, or go faux latin.
If you ask a stupid question, expect stupid answers.
If you post a troll thread, expect troll replies.
ide call it Noche Oscura :)
IGN : Detrium
"
"
ItsRay wrote:
"
+ 150% - 200% Rarity | IIR Decreased but added IQ
+ 50% Item Quality

Doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Its sad that you just got to have enough money and not knowledge in the game.

Or did you seriously mean that all items should drop with 50% quality when 20% is the max in the game? (without vaal)

? The fuck is this shit

IQ and IIR are in the game why is that hard to understand? Maybe you don't know shit about the game.

IQ exist on items such as Perandous belt

This applies the entire effect through the map while having a very high IR.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
I like the concept but I'll agree that you need less "here's a ton of annoying stuff" and more "Utter Darkness". Rather than Map Level increasing by a set number, make it an unknown one. Phys/Ele split, monster size and penetration don't really add anything to your theme either, though the strength in darkness is cool.

If I were to make something around the darkness and paranoia concept of the map, I'd go with

Now everything is uncertain. You know it's at least level 74 but who knows what level you'll actually walk in to. The risk, the reward, even initially the monsters of the map are unknown.

This map has no boss room, because you're being hunted by all three bosses. A giant Flicker spider with Shroud Walker, a giant Viper spider with Vile Touch, and the Mother Spider with Soul Eater. When the final spider is killed, then you can find the the Giant Devourer with Fractured. I'd give the guy a lot of speed over GMP though.

Now, you keep the players on their toes. They'll never know when a boss will show up. Keeping them separated lets the darkness grow on even the best of players since they will have to scour the map for their four bosses. I think this changes the map to be plenty deadly without artificially boosting monster life and damage and making every mob a headache to kill, so you can have a rippy, but still runnable map.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Udder Darkness = Cow level

/thread
sounds creepy i like it
Git R Dun!
"
Are you sure you want to call it "In Utter Darkness"? Sounds cheesy, not ominous.

Having it on other language hands a bonus (Gotterdamerung, Dominus, Matua Tupuna) and in/or/at and such make it less dramatic.

What about "Utter Darkness" or "Pelna Noc"? For instance, or go faux latin.

The title is a direct reference to SC II's mission ''In Utter Darkness'' =x so yes I want that title
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info