0xc00007b Error

Based on the type of error and what you've tried, you're likely best off just formatting and re-installing Windows.

It sounds like something in the Windows system is corrupted.

I know it's not the answer you wanted to hear, but it is likely the best shot right now.

If re-installing Windows and then re-installing PoE immediately afterward doesn't fix the problem, then you've likely got a hardware or driver issue going on somewhere.

Good luck.
"
Jewha wrote:
Could downloading the game as a whole from another source (let's say, copypaste all the files from a friends computer) help?

You can try, but I suppose, when there will be new patch you will encounter same problem.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
"
Drakier wrote:
Based on the type of error and what you've tried, you're likely best off just formatting and re-installing Windows.

It sounds like something in the Windows system is corrupted.

I know it's not the answer you wanted to hear, but it is likely the best shot right now.

If re-installing Windows and then re-installing PoE immediately afterward doesn't fix the problem, then you've likely got a hardware or driver issue going on somewhere.

Good luck.

Thanks. I guess I'll finish up mailing with the support staff and see what they think, maybe try a couple of longshots from Google, and then accept my fate and format Windows.
Just updating. I came across a Windows thingy called Windows SDKs. Supposedly this should include an app called CorFlags.exe that can force programs to run with 32-bit .dlls. I did what needed to be done with this (Google how it works if you want), but the CorFlags.exe is unable to write / read my PoE.exe (the stand-alone AND the Steam one) completely. I googled how to solve this but none of the suggestions work, still unable to do anything to them. This would signal to me that there's something crucially wrong with my .exe / .dlls / however it may work. Getting really pissed, don't have time for a MS formatting process for a whole month as I work with my computer and am not good with computers (so it'll take me awhile to figure how to store everything and then re-install)... God, I never guessed there'd be a problem that hard Googling, asking for help and trying everything wouldnt solve.
"
Jewha wrote:
God, I never guessed there'd be a problem that hard Googling, asking for help and trying everything wouldnt solve.

Unfortunately, that's what happens often when windows gets corrupted (due to various reasons).

Some things cannot be easily fixed without a format/restore... I mean.. they CAN be, but generally only by professionals who know what they're looking for and what they're doing with direct access to the machine.

When it comes to more end-user types, those become prohibitive and it's often easier to just restore.

Also, it's generally a good idea to format/restore once in a while. Not only does it keep your Windows running better, but it keeps off the clutter and other things which can cause issues (and habits).

I always keep my important stuff off my drive anyway for such occasions as this... and what if your drive just suddenly became completely unusable? Then what would you do?

Keeping your important stuff other places makes sure that you can format/reinstall at the drop of a hat and not be too concerned with "what was".

Good luck.
"
Drakier wrote:

Also, it's generally a good idea to format/restore once in a while. Not only does it keep your Windows running better, but it keeps off the clutter and other things which can cause issues (and habits).

I always keep my important stuff off my drive anyway for such occasions as this... and what if your drive just suddenly became completely unusable? Then what would you do?

Keeping your important stuff other places makes sure that you can format/reinstall at the drop of a hat and not be too concerned with "what was".

Good luck.

You're completely correct here. I need to get in to the habit of storing my important stuff better. There's a huge difference between many semi-often / sometimes used apps, games etc. which are a drag to store somewhere, or at least they feel like a drag as I'm not used to it.

However, considering the real problem: I just figured out I don't have the "Client.exe" that apparently should be there. Just the basic PathOfExile.exe. I wonder why the game won't fully install.
this work 100%...http://freewisdoms.com/download-dll-files-commonly-used-by-games/#comment-238
I found the solution after a few hours of searching...and I realized that it matters how you ask the question to find the answer
I'm probably late. But I'd like to share how I solve this in case somebody gets into this thread.
Download this and install:
"
vcredist_x86

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
ty ianysan... fixed my problem
"
ianysan wrote:
this work 100%...http://freewisdoms.com/download-dll-files-commonly-used-by-games/#comment-238
I found the solution after a few hours of searching...and I realized that it matters how you ask the question to find the answer

Ianysan, HOW CAN I EXPRESSE MY GRATITUDE? YOU SAVED MY POE LIFE T^T

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info