1.3.0h Patch Notes, PvP Invitees so far and CTF Event Modification

So far, eight players have won invites to the Invitationals at the end of Season One. It's possible for a player to play in both the US and EU Invitational, but if a player wins more than one invite for the same realm then the second invite is awarded to the runner-up in the Swiss event in question. This occurred with Lordsidro, who won both Hardcore and Standard events. He will be playing in the Hardcore division and the runner-up in the Standard Swiss event won the invite.

US Invitees:
  • Lordsidro
  • lapiz
  • GrindcoreTHRALL
  • Pillowapnts

EU Invitees:
  • Johnny_Annihilation
  • SirEdwards
  • poeacc79
  • lapiz

The winner of each Swiss event so far will also receive a piece of Razer Gaming Hardware. 16 winners from each event will receive Karma Koin PIN codes (in conjunction with PCGameSupply.com). These will be awarded over the next few days.

On a side note, we've changed subsequent PvP CTF tournaments for the remainder of Season One to be 3v3 events rather than 6v6 events.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Dec 28, 2014, 11:40:38 PM
Wow first lol

edit: Gore Fireworks HYPE?
Path of Trade Chat
Last edited by Matterform on Dec 28, 2014, 11:44:18 PM
So PVP is gong well?
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
inb4 patch 1.3.0qq
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
inb4 patch 1.3.0qq

You have a good memory.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
yay 3v3!!!
um
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
i need to get an invite! also woo 3v3!
H...hope all this pvp effort wasnt wasted. If the 30 or so patricipants in the last event are anything to go by, id say its not looking good. I really hope you guys drop this failed experiment sooner rather than later.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Dec 29, 2014, 12:04:23 AM
Chris, please reconsider making 1v1 PvP the signature events. In no other RPG is 1v1 a focus in PvP because it puts a huge microscope on balance.

Games like World of Warcraft that have its own PvP systems and specific gear would never consider 1v1 in any sort of ranked play because of its balance issues, the least you can do is 2v2, and there's still a long list of balance complaints.

Like most other competitive PvP games, team play should be the main focus for balancing and tournaments. This way at least there are no direct hard counters for classes, and a hard counter for one class can be supplemented by adding a counter for that class to your party. This will generally mean the party whose most organized will win and puts a much lesser focus on individual class balance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info