[1.3]KuteKitteh's Evasive Flameblast - Cheap, fast clear, reflect-immune, HC-viable!

Would it be good to run with
for the burning damage? I'm only lvl 50 following your build so far, Really fun and easy. Although now that i'm in merci i get hit quite hard i'm still having a blast ' No pun '.
"
Soulreaper911 wrote:
I believe the "Ignited enemies you hit are destroyed on kill" will prevent burn proliferation.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Started a witch a few days ago with your build and I'd have to say, it is a lot of fun and the damage is great. Thanks for sharing :D

Although I only have 2800 HP (don't have all my HP nodes yet) and still don't have enough Mana Regeneration to run Arctic Armor, this build is still very tanky.

Here is my current gear:

Spoiler

As of right now, I'm trying to see if I can get another pair of boots with 3 blue + red combo so I can replace Increased Burning Damage with Spell Echo. I found that Spell Echo works pretty well with Vaal Flameblast since it actually casts twice, unlike the regular Flameblast.

I initially 5L'd Cloak of Flame that only had 31% Ignite Duration because I had no idea how low it was, but I got lucky and 6L'd this new cloak in 30 fusings last night, haha

To conclude:
- Any suggestions to changes you would make?
- I was also thinking about getting Flameblast to Q20, then replacing Chance to Ignite with Increased AOE. What is your opinion on this?
- Can this build run Atziri/Uber (maybe switch to incinerate to do so?)?

Thank you very much! ^^
Last edited by dokidokidango on Jan 5, 2015, 6:18:45 PM
Since this build is getting far less credit and attention than I think it deserves, I'm going to bump it along with my current progress and experience with it.

I just reached level 87 yesterday and I've had no issues running any maps up to 76. I'm going to try 77+ soon after I gather a few more of those maps. On the maps that I've ran up to 76 though, the clear speed is amazing and I've had no issues with any of the map mods and boss combinations besides maps with no regeneration.

The defensive synergy provided by Cloak of Flame, Saffel's Frame, Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics, Purity of Fire, CWDT + IC + Temporal Chains and Arctic Armor is amazing, especially given how affordable it is and being able to clear at such speeds.

Minor differences in our setup:

- Climbing towards Breath of Flames at the top, instead of the life nodes below Shaper
- Flammability. Though CWDT + Temporal Chains conflicts with this sometimes, it helps out a lot with boss fights
- Vaal Flameblast + Spell Echo + Fire Penetration. I think this combination especially compliments the build very well. It refreshes fast so the uptime is great, deals insane damage and actually casts twice due to Spell Echo, unlike the regular Flameblast where it only casts once. More importantly, you have free movement while Vaal Flameblast is casting, so you can do whatever you want, include casting a third

Current gear at level 87:
Spoiler

Passives:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswW1CPQMfQ5ID6sQWBB_EZYSaRZvFr8XHBo4GmwfAh_HJKomlScvKPoreCycLYswcTI0NsU26TpCOlhDyEWdS3hPBFNSVUtVxlcrW6Bd8l8qYeJo8mpDaxdtGW1scXl8Dn_Ggh6Cm4LHg9uHZYw2kFWVIJZ0mjua4J1jna6f36IAoqOksacIp1Wvt7VItoa4k7zqvYLAVMBmwfPGntQj1abYJNrd2wvdqN-K4XPjauQi5Y7ndOjW6QLr5Ovu7DjtIO0873zwH_no_rM=
The differences in my passive setup are that I took Righetous Decree and a few mana nodes next to Sanctity because my gear didn't have enough Mana Regen at the time to run Arctic Armor (I'm going to refund those three points soon). Also, instead of taking the life nodes below Shaper, I'm instead climbing towards Breath of Flames at the top of the tree.

Although it helps, this build definitely doesn't need Doryani's Catalyst or 6L Cloak of Flame to function. The core pieces that make it work so you can start farming fast and early, are easily affordable for a few chaos. There were little to no issues even with the old setup, shown in my post above this one.

In a time where so many are using the overplayed CoD + EB, it is refreshing to play something original, that in no way loses to it. I might add a video later, although I'm not too sure what to showcase xD
Last edited by dokidokidango on Jan 12, 2015, 5:54:05 PM
I just started to follow this build two days ago. Please continue your notes on your progression and thoughts. I really appreciate all the tips I can read since I'm quite a noob in this game (played more in beta).

I was wandering if I should stack faster cast rate? I feel that flameblast is too slow to use.

Thanks for the build!
KuteKitteh,

I am a big fan from your 100K tanky incinerate build. ( I am now at level 92).
I changed only one thing, I removed the added chaos damage to take a very nice life leech gem and I must say that the increased comfort in the gameplay really compensates for the loss of damage of the ACD gem !

Now to come back with this flameblast build, I also really like very much what you have written about it. Well, you convinced me with your 0 death, even if you say that it's not invincible. ;-) I am thinking to a way not to rely so hardly on flasking for this flameblast build. Well, again, life leech gem ??? For sure adding it on the sixth link would be great. However, a lot of people cant get a 6L. So, my question is, would your build be efficient as well in removing one of your current gem in your 5L (fire penetration maybe, or something else?) for a life leech gem ? This would for sure add a higher survivability and also a HUGE comfort in the gameplay, but at which cost ?

Thank you very much again for all your hints, help and builds !!

Last edited by astrolab2000 on Feb 9, 2015, 11:56:28 PM

Well, not sure this build is still good, the Flameblast skill has just been nerfed of 20% less damage a couple of days ago....
EDIT: UPDATE - My flameblaster is now lvl 90 with no deaths. Incinerate is now lvl 96 and I did reach 7,043 tooltip dps (8,101 with atz promise) after lvling my gems more. They were both a blast and I must admit that I am afraid of the act 4 patch. I'm worried that this game peaked and that I won't find the new mechanics enjoyable. So much of the game is being changed all at once. I'll be a rookie all over again.

Hey, Kutekitteh! I have made a lvl 95 with your incinerate 100k build and a lvl 79 with the evasive flameblast build. I like them both quite a bit. The incinerate has really been super safe and I recommend it to everybody. In the past 500+ lvl 75-78 maps with all ranges of mods, I have had 1 death. That death was due to the bosses on a zana lvl 77 promenade map with tons of dmg mods. I have been able to solo 78 map dominus in mere minutes. The second form literally dies in like 30 seconds from my shotgun.

I guess I will turn this post into a testimony for both builds and post it on each build page.

Evasive Flameblast:

I am lvl 79 and have ZERO deaths with the build as well. However, I converted my first ever character into the build because it was sitting at lvl 40 for 2+ years, so it has a death count of like 23 or something. But I haven't died on it as the flameblast build.

I even started running 75-78 maps with all sorts of mods (shrine with ele ref included) in the early 70s. I have fought and killed necrop/crema/shrine bosses. Sometimes I had to be smart and avoid double bosses and whatnot, but they are doable with easier map mods. I even attempted a 77 piety with +monster damage and +boss damage/attacks, but had to leave because of the obvious danger, hehe.

So far, the biggest weakness I could find for this build is high physical nukes, and the potential risk of accidentally 1 shotting yourself on reflect packs. Many attacks are dodged/evaded, but the nukes that get through are really intense.

I also read on wiki that evasion is pseudo-random and isn't entropy based like dodge, therefor resulting in unpredictable, non-evaded reflects occasionally. I fear that a crit 10-stack flameblast where your game either desyncs (your previous flameblast didn't actually explode, and you actually charged 10 stacks instead of 2x 4 stacks), or you forget you don't have enough ruby charges, might spell disaster. Although, I've yet to see this happen.

Current gear
+
to swap with quicksilver for %extra ele mapmods or ele bosses

Overall, I feel that the flameblast has nice damage (even on 77 maps as a lvl 79 flameblaster, post nerf) which has great utility to bring to party play, such as strongbox clearing, nuke + dots on those pesky ele reflect packs, and room 'initiation' with a decoy totem and a 10-stack blast to nuke the whites away and soften the other mobs. The build has a nice behind-the-scenes quality of life feel for party play, whereas the incinerate feels more frontline/facetank/initiate oriented.

Tanky Incinerate 100k DPS:

This build is unbelievably well rounded in every area. I currently have 5600 life, 80/80/80/2 overcapped resistances (for ele weakness maps), 1600 unreserved mana, 6600 tooltip dps using a shield with mostly only lvl 19 support gems and herald of ice, and so much mana regen that clarity isnt even necessary for 5L incinerate + lvl 17 AA, although I still run it for quality of life (324 without, and 500 with works like life regen). I also sit at 1.77k armor, and granite to 9.6k, which handles anything, essentially.

Double reflect doesn't even do anything to me, bosses melt, and any source of damage taken is heavily absorbed. The only real weaknesses I have found is having to really pay attention to those corrupting blood mobs, that silly promenade boss with lightning thorns, chain stun (unwavering would be unstoppable), enemies that move VERY fast and escape my flames, and lastly (but most importantly) the amount of lag that can be generated if I directly shoot a large group of enemies. I ha an i5 4670k, ssd, 8gb ram, and a gtx 760, and I can easily drop my fps to 0 if I want to. That's ZERO/NONE/LACK OF ANIMATION. However, I have learned to avoid issues with all of those weaknesses except for the promenade boss.

Current gear
+
to swap in for particular map mods/bosses. I swap out the granite if I need 2 ele flasks (e.g. shrine with %extra dmg as fire)

The biggest recent changes I have made are going with a socket ring so I can put my AA in there when I upgrade to a 6L, and going with leap slam + faster attacks for mobility so I can utilize the incredible sustain from CWDT + Warlords mark. Leeching mana and life at the same time really makes everything synergize fantastically.

I see the potential for more damage with my current gear just by reaching lvl 20 with the supports and herald of ice. That alone should put me up to around 7k tooltip, which is more than enough to melt any enemy I am currently aware of.

I must say, both of these builds are solid and a 'blast' to play, and I feel obligated to post videos of some gameplay tips and examples of boss fights, just to show what the builds are capable of and what I have learned while playing them. I will probably edit links for them here later or something.

Thank you, Kutekitteh, and I think you would be a cool person to chat with or voice chat with and talk about these builds, if you are interested.

Delirium IGN: Language
Last edited by reetismatic on Jun 20, 2015, 10:03:57 PM
thanks for the build, gonna play flameblast for the 1MHC league. Hope to survive !!
Just dinged 80 with this on the 1 month hardcore race. Enjoyed the build, first time I've done Flameblast Proliferate so I thought it was a good time to try it, dont know whats going to change when act 4 hits, so do it while its still good was my thinking :)

Had no problems whatsoever, damage is good and survivability top notch. I'm in love with evasion/acro builds, I dont think I can ever do armour build unless they change how it works.

Here is my gear, I was lucky to find 2 Cloak of Defiance, sold each for 4ex(or equivalent).

Tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswW1CPQOSA-rEFgRlhJpFm8WvxccGjgabB8CH8ckqiaVJy8o-it4LJwtizBxMgEyNDbFNuk6QkPIRZ1LeE8EU1JVS1XGVytboF3yXyph4mjyakNrF20ZbWxxeXwOf8aCHoKbgseD24dljDaQVZUgmjua4JsmnWOdrp_fogCio6SxpwinVa-3shm1SLiTvOq9gsBUwGbB88961CPVptgk2wvdqN-K4XPjauQi5Y7ndOjW6QLr5Ovu7DjtPO988B_56P6z

1day, 13hours played.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Mar 28, 2015, 1:21:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info