Constant shifting and glitch mobs (not lag related)

Well title says it. I'm having the problem of monsters shifting and glitching around non-stop as if there was a major lag problem or sync issues. Though my ping is low, my pc is far up to the specs (i5-2500, 8gb ram, 2x Gforce 560Ti) and im not even running on everything maxed.

This includes mobs:
- chasing me for like 2 screens and suddenly disparaging,
- monsters suddenly appearing on me,
- pretending to stand in the open while in fact they are standing somewhere else behind objects,
- monster positioning on me (I'm using a bow shift attacking in the direction of the mob not working because the mob is in fact standing behind me instead of infront of me)
- Damage spikes when suddenly the game corrects itself where I find my hp either gone or low (had this several times and can not appreciate this as HC)
- ETC

Now this sounds like either a lag or sync issue. My ping is a stable 16-30 most of the time with occasional very short spikes to 70 and even some times a short 120, but they are rare and not related to the issue.

Also I've learned about the /oos command. However this is not working as of tonight patch, 10g. While before the patch things did shift around some but I had to keep spamming it every 2 minutes and even than I still had these issues where even directly after /oos monsters where not on the position showing to me.

observation: The game seems to try and correct itself every 10~ seconds, or so it feels/seems to me. When I'm running or shooting before the mobs teleports/shits position takes about a little longer for my energy shield to show up. Also since the 10g patch this problem seems to have gotten worse, much much much much worse to the point I quit playing tonight because I'm just not confident I will survive when a strong special shows it's face.

I love the game but am a HC player only and I got killed by this "sync" issue at least 2 times where 1 Piety's lightning ball was suddenly behind me while showing her idle and where I was shooting mobs that would have to walk to me an suddenly they would be on me and I would have been hit substantial, enough that even all potion button bashing has no effect any more. I played the game in Closed Beta time (different PC) but never had these issues before.
And I try to play pretty save as a shadow ranger due to not much tankyness early and these constant shiting mobs that I never get locked in.
Last edited by broodrooster on Feb 8, 2013, 10:14:12 AM
This includes mobs:
- chasing me for like 2 screens and suddenly disparaging,
- monsters suddenly appearing on me,
- pretending to stand in the open while in fact they are standing somewhere else behind objects,
- monster positioning on me (I'm using a bow shift attacking in the direction of the mob not working because the mob is in fact standing behind me instead of infront of me)
- Damage spikes when suddenly the game corrects itself where I find my hp either gone or low (had this several times and can not appreciate this as HC)

ive seen it all the time still cant figure it out.

thats realy scary sometimes i feel im lagging ? np. just another mob disappair
also ive collect yesterday runing speed flasks wich on health and mana potions they both makes me skipping mobs behind ive lost one HC character after im using it.

we playing 3-4 people most of the time my friends getting these problems aswell i think its major problem my ms btw 80-90 weekends only 170-190.
Well even with 80ms, while there should be some latency there, my ping ms is 16 to 30 and there shouldn't be any real noticeable delay. Still I get the feeling I'm playing with every download program possible running.

I hope to get response from grinding gear games about this. There must be an issue or bug with either isp, certain PC's or anything.

Maybe it's also worth adding I play solo 90% of the time. Only partied once with a few friends, needless to say these issues were less noticeable because they were fighting and dealing damage as well.
Last edited by broodrooster on Feb 8, 2013, 7:08:27 AM
I have also been experiencing this exact issue as described by the OP.
IGN: BerryShots
I totaly agree with you guys. I had some problems mainly with golems and long runs in areas but after latest patch it constantly desynchronize no matter what I am doing. Fps around 60, ms 20ish and ping 50ish and non stop desynchronization. Unplayable.

monster positions, my posion, dmg taken early or late and other issues connected to this problem
Last edited by Thantica on Feb 14, 2013, 10:38:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info