Chaos damage cannot bypass Energy Shield must be available in Skill tree

I think unaceptable this mod unavailable in Skill tree. It's a must have for a lot of builds and it only prejudice the poor players starting in game. Anyway this only makes the few itens with this mod to cost so high, mainly with 6 links.

GGG stop making this game pay to win.

I'm sure a lot of players will be against this, because all they want is to sell theirs Shavrone body gear.

I'm tired of this developers doing nothing to improve the gameplay or user interface.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
My friend i'll give you a simple and budge guide to have an item that has "Chaos damage cannot bypass Energy shield"

Step 1: Have atleast 1-4 chaos orb's in equivalent currency

Step 2: Buy yourself a solaris lorica that's ilvl 51+

Step 3: Put on the lorica

Bingo! we have a winner folk's you successfully unlocked the achievement "Chaos Damage does not bypass energy shield"

P.s. I've done this man of time's and have alway's been happy with the result's as well as getting 5L and 6L's accidentally as well, if this was introduced as a keystone in the game it would completely and utterly destroy the unique shavronne's that a player mind you created for us to us not a developer
It doesn't have to be on the tree, but it does need to be accessible somehow without having to find a specific unique (e.g. as a crafted mod) - non-CI energy shield builds are too interesting and diverse to be gated behind specific items. Solaris Lorica is not the answer, it just shifts the issue from an expensive unique to a 'poor man's orange' unique. I don't really care about the market value of Shavronne's or any other unique - it should be expected that the value of a given item will go up and down (often dramatically down) as the game evolves.

The whole situation with low-life builds is a bit strange. On the one hand they are powerful and versatile (almost any main attack/spell can be used effectively), and you can see from the passive tree that low life + ES is a 'GGG approved' option (explicitly in the case of Pain Attunement, implicitly also with Arcane Vision and Blood Magic + Mortal Conviction). However, the power of low-life builds is almost all gated behind specific uniques (Shavronne's/Solaris Lorica is just the start), and the power of a typical 'endgame' low life build seems to be primarily based on how many (arguably overpowered) 'on low life' uniques the player can amass.
The main issue with having a crafted mod where "Chaos damage cannot bypass energy shield" someone can just have mediocre to amazing pure ES gear and have a world's different amount of ES that a shav's user will ever have since let's be honest having 300 to 400 es on chest is that great when some of them can go int to 1k+ range in es just from your chest gear. I think that's one of the main reasons we might not ever see that as a craftable mod, but who know's i could be wrong and they make it possible to do so once act 10 ever comes out.
"
lyeesia wrote:
The main issue with having a crafted mod where "Chaos damage cannot bypass energy shield" someone can just have mediocre to amazing pure ES gear and have a world's different amount of ES that a shav's user will ever have since let's be honest having 300 to 400 es on chest is that great when some of them can go int to 1k+ range in es just from your chest gear. I think that's one of the main reasons we might not ever see that as a craftable mod, but who know's i could be wrong and they make it possible to do so once act 10 ever comes out.

Again this only matters if you care about the market value of Shavronne's. Even with such a mod, it would still be a pretty good item, just not best in slot. 1k ES on body armour is a bit overpowered, but such items are not especially easy to come by.

Alternatively, have a new base item type with a highish level requirement and little or no ES, but 'chaos damage cannot bypass energy shield' as its implicit mod. That way it would be impossible to beat Shav's in terms of ES with a rare, so Shav's would remain best in slot for many builds and Solaris Lorica would still be useful at low levels, but low-life and especially life/ES hybrids would be much cheaper to find Merciless-viable gear for.
"
Incompetent wrote:
Again this only matters if you care about the market value of Shavronne's. Even with such a mod, it would still be a pretty good item, just not best in slot. 1k ES on body armour is a bit overpowered, but such items are not especially easy to come by.

Alternatively, have a new base item type with a highish level requirement and little or no ES, but 'chaos damage cannot bypass energy shield' as its implicit mod. That way it would be impossible to beat Shav's in terms of ES with a rare, so Shav's would remain best in slot for many builds and Solaris Lorica would still be useful at low levels, but low-life and especially life/ES hybrids would be much cheaper to find Merciless-viable gear for.

I honestly think Lorica is a end game viable chest piece due to the sole reason it has "Chaos doesn't bypass Energy shield", atm i'm using it with over 5K es with my low life summoner.
The problem is if they did introduce such a base item with that implicit then, not only can that roll top tier trio/dual resistance on their even it's just 25% cold/fire/lightning that stat alone plus the stat of "Chaos dmg doesn't bypass ES" completely take's the cake both shav's and lorica(which by the way offer's no resistance), and shav's only offer's the one resistance to lightning.

Now let's think of the player who was willing to cough up the money to have his/her unique chest created for the game, how would you feel if GGG went about and listens to you and created this chest item with this implicit mod. Not only would i feel completely betrayed but also insulted as a supporter.

P.s Just be glad lorica exist's and is so cheap, ive made a few build's with it now and have been so thankful i've got some build's running with under 2ex invest.
Last edited by lyeesia on Jan 1, 2015, 10:31:01 PM
Perhaps we need a completely different option to run low-life instead of just focusing on "Chaos damage cannot bypass ES". I have never tried to run a low life build so I have no experience, but wouldn't it be possible to do low-life without either shavs or lorica? Let's say you character is level 80, then you should have around 1000 base life. Some life on your gear plus some nodes might bring your life to 1500-2000. Also, let's say you managed to get 75% chaos res somehow. Wouldn't it be possible to run low-life like this? Is there actually enemy in the game that could deal enough chaos damage to kill someone with 1500+ life and 75% resistance? I guess the problem here for most people is getting 75% chaos res, and the people who are rich enough for this is the people who can afford a shavs anyway. So maybe there should be more ways to get chaos resistance? Of course I could be completely wrong about this because like I said, I have no experience with low-life builds, all my builds have been either CI or pure life.
"
Epicbo wrote:
Perhaps we need a completely different option to run low-life instead of just focusing on "Chaos damage cannot bypass ES". I have never tried to run a low life build so I have no experience, but wouldn't it be possible to do low-life without either shavs or lorica?

It is possible, and elite players managed to create successful low-life builds before shav's/lorica existed. The problem is the investment required to build up your life and chaos resist so that Vaal Constructs and the like don't murder you when you reserve 65% life, *on top of* investment in ES, defences and so on (i.e. the stuff your character needs to stay alive in general), *and* while wearing enough special 'on low life' items to make a low-life build worthwhile (some of which are cheap/easy to find, but nevertheless use up valuable gear slots). You need all three ingredients (solid ES-based build plus survivability versus chaos plus gimmick items), or your build is a non-starter. The overall price tag ends up so high as to be near-impossible for a self-found player. If you're trading for good items, you can certainly do it, but you'd only be doing it to show off, because buying a lorica is cheaper and probably more efficient.

The chaos resist in particular is problematic: if you want a big lump of chaos res, your odds of rolling it on decent rares are extremely low, and even if you do find it on rares, it eats up affix slots for not much resist per item, so you'll have to do a lot of compensating on the tree for affixes you don't have enough of (most likely elemental resists). So in fact the most practical way of getting chaos res is to acquire specific uniques like Ming's Heart (itself a very rare, high-level item) or Zahndethus' Cassock - but that's no better than telling players 'get a shav's/lorica or go home'.

I don't think this will change any time soon due to GGG policy: they want the average player to have 75%+ elemental resists, but do *not* want 75% chaos resist to become commonplace.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jan 4, 2015, 4:25:15 AM
Hi

1+ Chaos damage cannot bypass ES would be a great addition to master crafting options. It would definitely add some breathing space to trade spam to know a rare could have this most vaunted mod added to it. This mod could have some stipulation like ''item can't have additional master mods if chosen''

I do fine with my baby shavs though, lvl 82 templar in torment does just fine with it, in lieu with ZO and unyeilding passive solaris isn't so bad for armour/es hybrid spell caster builds.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
How about we just split the difference and remove "On low life" effects altogether, ne?

Sure love those free low life effects with my snuggly armour and evasion. Balance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info