[1.3] (Videos) "Agent Smith" Scion Version // Mirror/Blink Arrow Triple Aura/ Cheap, Strong&Fun !

Hello guys,

The build I'm gonna show you comes from the original idea of Exponential Crazy (and as well as Pneuma).

You can find their builds here for Exponential Crazy for a ranger version : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1126766/page/1

and here for Pneuma for a templar version : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1127263/page/1

Most part of the credit goes to them, I just had the same idea but was too lazy to make something from sratch. I picked up some thoughts here and there ;)

My build is the "Scion version". This build does the job in a surprisingly fun way. More than that, it is breaking the game xD !! I can't imagine this going low-life shavrone + mirrored bow ect.

Well, I think I came up with something ! I had the idea to actually go deep into the multiple auras while respecting the idea of the build which was that this had to be effective without spending tremoundous ammount of currency ! (===> Not going Low-Life)

That being say, the gear I'm gonna show does not reflect that idea but it can be done with cheap gear as well (because it's the best build of the game :p) Joke joke..

Spoiler

Let's get back to work : I had a Scion I wanted to re-spec; I then had the idea to get Charisma and pretty much all the mana reservation nodes of the tree; good news, the Scion start is not far from a large part of these :) The idea then is to use Hatred - (Haste===> With elemental bows such as a Maraketh Bow or a good WED Thiket Bow) / Wrath / Anger.

==There are two different setups :

Spoiler
-The first one is about using a high Physical DPS Bow with a Drillneck and a Pierce Gem on the main damage dealer skill (5L-6L); For this setup, you use Hatred/Wrath/Anger.

-The second setup involves an Elemental Bow : I think the best ones (rares) are the Thicket Bow because they have a very good attack speed that scales by huge ammounts with the auras and the clones. The best mods for this bow will be Increased Weapon Elemental Damage, Increased Attack Speed, and the ideal for the rest is of course #Add Cold/Lighting/Fire Dmg.
Concerning the quiver, all you need are the same mods as the bow, so WED/AS/ELE DMG/ and accurracy is good because I am pretty sure it does apply to the accuracy of the clones; any %res and life will be good too :).
For this version of the build, of course you swap Hatred for Haste. In order to keep making Elemental Equilibrium effective (when you don't use Hatred) , you need some #add flat cold dmg on your gear, just to proc the effect or just swap a support gem for Added Cold Damage. <===== EDIT : EE cannot be procced by clones (or any minions) so I just forgot the idea of using EE : first, I don't have any sockets left to make a good use of a trigger spell (like freezing pulse or something) because I use Convocation and Flesh Offering and as well because you allready have so much to do, so many keys to hit all the time and as well as looting while your clones are fighting. And more than that, the clones are doing very well without it, so these are 3 good reasons to gain a free point in your tree !

About the rest of the gear, the build is so versatile that you can really don't give a flying fuck about your personal stats. So you can go from very tanky to only MF setup etc...

I'm not sure about this, but I think the cheapest version of the build would be the (pure) elemental one. I didn't try a pure WED/AS High-End Thicket bow (I tried a WindRipper) so I cannot really say what it would like with a bow like this. Now that I have tried this build a little, I can say that the "Physical Setup" using a high-phys DPS bow plus hatred/wrath/anger is the most effective way to play this. I might be wrong though and I'm open to critics discussion :)

EDIT : I now have tried a very good combination of elemental bow/quiver while using haste/anger/wrath. Here is the gear :

Spoiler
(Of course, the gems linked in the bow are the right ones atm ;))

My conclusion remains the same : the most powerfull version is the physical one, the first setup. The elemental version is still really good with WED on your bow/quiver though but there's still a difference.

Here is the tree lvl 85 :
For those who'd be wondering about the Leadership Node (+30% to radius of Auras), yes it is important, because you'll often be away from certain of your clones, and they need to get the auras you cast in order to still deal damage to the offscreen monsters.

Well it's not over of course, and it's probably not perfect as well so I'm open to any critcs :)

Here is how the tree should be looking like at the very end-game Shoutout to Mr.Tremere for giving some nice ideas about taking some points I didn't think about :

The main Stats the tree lvl 100 gives you :
Spoiler
BaseStats
120 + to Dexterity
210 + to Intelligence
100 + to Strength
20 + to Strength and Intelligence
Weapon
23 % increased Attack Speed
15 % increased Projectile Damage
20 % increased Projectile Speed
Minion
3 + to Maximum number of Skeletons
1 + to Maximum number of Spectres
2 + to Maximum number of Zombies
1 Minions Leech % of Damage as Life
1.5 Minions Regenerate % Life per Second
105 Minions deal % increased Damage
20 Minions have % increased Attack Speed
20 Minions have % increased Cast Speed
50 Minions have % increased maximum Life
Spell
5 % increased Attack and Cast Speed
6 % increased Cast Speed
90 % increased Mana Regeneration Rate
14 % increased Spell Damage
34 % increased effect of Auras you Cast
96 % increased maximum Mana
19 % reduced Mana Cost of Skills
30 % reduced Mana Reserved
20 + to maximum Mana
Misc
30 % chance to Avoid being Stunned
14 % increased Melee Damage
54 % increased Radius of Auras
90 % increased Skill Effect Duration
15 % increased Stun Recovery
Defense
50 % increased Armour
6 % increased Movement Speed
10 % increased maximum Energy Shield
162 % increased maximum Life
4.8 % of Life Regenerated per Second
20 + to maximum Energy Shield
50 + to maximum Life
20 +% to Chaos Resistance
5 +% to all Elemental Resistances
Keystones
Minion Instability
Minions explode when reduced to low life, dealing 33% of their maximum life as fire damage to surrounding enemies

Bandits :
Spoiler
Normal : Help Oak (+40 Life)
Cruel : Kill All (SkillPoint)
Mercyless : Kill All (SkillPoint)

The gear I use : <==== Updated : Now I use Belly of the Beast because I wanted to feel more tanky. I found as well a nice second unset ring and now I can use Flesh Offering : The DPS boost is quiete huge. UPDATE ===> I now use a Lioneye's Glare Imperial Bow : DPS has never been that great. I don't remember how I had this idea, but this bow is actually everything that we want for this build : High Phys damage, and High Attack Speed.
I can now really make good uses of tactics for ennemies that rush you(Kaitryn in Gorge for exemple), like planting traps at your feet while you still have all your clones fighting everywhere, then hit Convocation and Flesh offering, then the boss jumps at your feet, triggers your traps, well you see what I mean ;) Quiete funny !
Spoiler

A note about MF : This is the next gen MF Build !!! It's just too safe, and incredibly strong. If you play well enough, you might just never get hit by any monsters. Who care about resists when you're behind an army of your multiple selves ? <====Damn Right !

About my gear, there's of course stuff to improve but I'm happy with how it looks like today. A note about Dexterity : You'll need it on your gear and you'll need it on your tree. That's probably the issue of the Scion version : most of the best bows require 200+ Dex.

About the Gem Setup :

Spoiler
1st skill : 4L = Blink Arrow/Pierce/Increased Duration/Weapon Elemental Damage (Or Added Fire Damage. I found AFD is probably better.)
5L = Blink Arrow/Pierce/Increased Duration/WED-AFD/Physical Projectile Attack Damage
6L = Blink/Pierce/Increased Duration/WED-ADF/PPAD/Anything from Minion Damage to added cold/lightning/fire damage, passing by faster attack, anything wich is related to attacks, minion, bow, really :)

2nd skill : 4L = Mirror Arrow/LMP/WED-ADF/Increased Duration
5L = Mirror Arrow/LMP/WED-ADF/Increased Duration/Faster Attack
6L = Mirror Arrow/LMP/WED-ADF/Increased Duration/Faster Attack/Pierce

Auras : Reduced Mana/Generosity/Hatred/Wrath
Reduced Mana/Generosity/Anger/Anything you want (HoI-HoT) or just nothing ;)

As for the traps : Multiple Traps/Mirror Arrow/Blink Arrow/LMP linked on a pair of Deerstalers Boots.

Here is the defence sheet :
Spoiler

Pros&Cons:
Spoiler
Pros:-Reflect-Proof
-Really fun to play (for those who'd be dreaming about controling an army of multiple schizophrenic images of yourslef)
-Too safe, it's ridiculous (Gonna try Atziri as soon as I get my lvl 86)
-Cheap to Gear (very flexible, you can have high-end gear as well as cheap items)
-Can do many map modes (The only one that is really impossible is Blood Magic I think, because all of your damage comes from your auras)
-Party friendly (You can easily distract danger with your clones, as well as providing really strong auras that will affect everybody in the room, thanks to the Leadership Node.)
-Quiete Tanky
-Move through maps with ease thanks to Blink Arrow
-I probably forgot some stuff but you already got the fact that I'm lovin' it ;)

Cons:-Hmmm, let me think about it
-Maybe not the fastest map clearer in the game, but in my opinion, this build is about something else than right clicking (don't get me wrong, I like right clicking too :D)
-Can be seen as a pros too, but this build involves some kind of tactics and positioning strategies. Sometimes, can be a little tiring for the sleepy mind.
-I can't think about anything else, hit me up if you see any cracks in the mirror

Videos are outdated, I'll try to post some high lvl maps with my new setup soonish. It's really effective.
Spoiler
I did quick videos of my Scion killing Dominus and Piety. Maybe if you wanna have an idea about the DPS output of a triple aura/High Phys bow "Agent Smith" ;) It's quiete fast !

Here are the videos

-Dominus Run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFJBpFc5Lw

-Quick Piety Kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8UVJtt254U

-A Temple Map with Double Piety : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUO-mPWPdjw

Herald of Thunder thoughts :
Spoiler
I didn't try it, (because I couldn't be bothered with changing the sockets's colors of my gloves) but HoT is interesting for this build I reckon, just because it would destroy the barrels and shit for you, and that's one less thing you'd have to think about.

I'd like to thank Exponential Crazy and Totempole who planted the seeds inside my mind !

We have to make a 5 man party with 6x Smith Agents Armies haha !

OUTDATED ==>
Spoiler
EDIT : Since I'm too lazy to find out the real DPS of the build, (with math and shit) I just made a quick video of a Dominus kill. I chose Dom, cause well, everybody know him and the speed at wich his life bar degens is a good indicator to see how much DPS your character can dish out.

I did the video today, and the tree/combination of gear is quiete optimized in my opinion, and I find the DPS really good. If you guys could give me an estimation about the DPS ? I would say more than 12-15K considering how fast the second version of Dom dies. But I could be totally wrong.

Here is the video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnpbYcRgVWg&feature=youtu.be

IGN: TeslaChronos / Face_Tankit
Last edited by JungTzu on Feb 1, 2015, 5:22:38 AM
This build is absolutely genius! I will have to try that out! 10/10!

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓
"
player159632 wrote:
This build is absolutely genius! I will have to try that out! 10/10!

Well I'm not taking all the credit, but thank you :)

I'm gonna try to keep this build updated with DPS tests ect...
Wondrous! Spread the awesomeness like wildfire and our clones!
I'm sure I will do man !! I'm levelling a marauder runner for double account dom famr atm :D so it'll take a little bit of time before I play with some clones again. But well, as you already know, this is my favourite build :p.

By the way, I've tried out
this setup (these are not the good gems, instead, you put blink arrow linked to faster attack/weapon elemental damage/added cold damage/increased duration.

Well, I don't wanna do a false statement because I haven't tested it enough on my opinion, but I would say this (the pure elemental wrath/anger/haste version) is very strong, but slightly less than the mixed one (hatred/wrath/anger using a high phys bow).
Build updated with a "DPS showing video" and a possible DPS discussion :)
Gear section updated :)
Would Lioneye's Glare be a good choice of weapon for this build? It has a pretty high attack speed and phys dps, and its 'drawback' of "Hits can't be Evaded" is a pure win for the Smith army. The flat mana bonus looks pretty useful as well. Plus it should be relatively affordable since the weapon has fallen into disfavour.
Quod efficax non stultum
"
elindred wrote:
Would Lioneye's Glare be a good choice of weapon for this build? It has a pretty high attack speed and phys dps, and its 'drawback' of "Hits can't be Evaded" is a pure win for the Smith army. The flat mana bonus looks pretty useful as well. Plus it should be relatively affordable since the weapon has fallen into disfavour.

Man, thanks for your insight. I don't even know how on earth I didnt even think about this bow ! Definetly worth a shot. I'll buy one as soon as I get some currency and I'll let you guys know how it looks like !
I will update the build soon, got myself a new bow !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info