Your thoughts and feelings about Phylacteral Links

"
I have to say, they can be really annoying but you know what? I actually like them.

+1.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Very interesting to read all the different opinions on the matter. It's a polarizing issue, to say the least. I, also, am in favour of more challenging content. Properly balanced and tweaked, I see no reason why Plinks couldn't make their way into the core game.

Anything I'd rather skip than do in this game strikes me as kind of odd. Sometimes, the risk vs reward ratio just isn't right. Makes sense. No reason to put yourself in a sticky situation if you really don't need to. Then there's the aww-come-on-not-those-again moments where you skip content based on how negatively it makes you feel.

Those I tend to have issues with. They affect me. Literally. "U mad, brah?" When I run into something that takes my buzz away, well... kinda, yea. I do actually get kinda mad. Pissed off, more like. Annoyed. Irritated. Shocked. Horrified. Then the moment subsides. And I get back to playing. After posting a little rant, of course.
IGN: Daario__Naharis, Captain__Harlock, Paul__Atreides
Marty__McFly, Silk__Spectre. Kylo__Ren
P-Link is an interesting concept, but in practice it tends to be annoying, unpredictable, and in some cases downright OP. It wouldn't be so bad if the mob size to which the mod applied was limited (maybe to 3-4), but when a pack of 15 monsters has P-Link things become an almost uncontrollable mess pretty quickly. I recently opened a map, came across a large P-Link mob, and ran away only to immediately come across another. As opposed to having 30 unkillable monsters chasing me around the entire time, I abandoned the map. When such a seemingly simple
thing makes content unplayable, maybe some rethinking is in order.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to spout off about Minara Anemina for a minute. What the hell!!! How has the Minion Instability not been nerfed on this exile? It's quite simply, utterly, obviously, ridiculously OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Cherd on Dec 30, 2014, 12:37:51 PM

Rather than opening a new thread - like people frequently do - about this topic, i just bump this topic up again, and here is my feedback.

phylacteral link is just annoying and time robbing, it is not a challenge (at least not for most speccs), it is just an annoying waste of time, most of the time i just bypass them or reset the instance, cause even that is "more fun"

please do not let this "put_whatever_word_you_want_here" feature become a permanent part of the game!

it may not be gone in the bloodlines league anymore, but please bury it with the league!
Could it be we've just scored a point against PLinks? GGG must've heard all our complaints. :D PLink nerf: yum, yum, yum.
it was mentioned in patch notes....

1.3 "fixed bug where game was fun"
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
They nerfed it by changing the speed the ring zips around, not by removing the mechanic entirely. It's still going to be as un-fun as ever, but made even worse when you can't find the one with the link at the time.
Whats more important to me is that whomever gave positive feedback in testing, it needs to be ascertained if they are simply yes men or not testing properly/at all. This was a massive failure in testing and if gone uncorrected will probably happen again in the near future.
I've been thinking of a way to improve P-link - and I think it simply has to do with the "chase them all down individually" mechanic.

I propose to GGG, the following change. P-link retains it's "Monsters are immunte to damage except that guy", but dealing damage to "That guy" Damages (either partially, or wholly) all the mobs in the given pack. once you finally work your way around the pack and kill off the P-link - the entire pack is dead and you don't need to keep cycling through until they're all gone.
That for me would solve my main problem with the mod. I cant attest for anyone else though. The frustration of split packs would sitll be there, but that's a given. I don't think it's deal breaking on it's own, but that combined with the "I've got to kill them 1 at a time" that ruins it.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Last edited by LostKavi on Jan 30, 2015, 7:26:48 PM
"
LostKavi wrote:
I propose to GGG, the following change: P-link retains it's "Monsters are immune to damage except that guy", but dealing damage to "That guy" damages (either partially, or wholly) all the mobs in the given pack.

A very interesting idea, indeed. As for me, ever since reading the announcement that would see those awful creatures get "nerfed", I've started killing these things out of spite. Eradicating one PLink at a time. For the good of all mankind. And to the detriment of my own sanity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info