Ok i had enought of this!

Could you pls tell the community the truth alredy? You got poor servers... say it out loud, been scanning them back and forth for the last month. So dont even try it, now the question remains why do you advertise HC mode if your servers are so bloody full? And the whole game lag as hell (no i dont have a poor computer). every single *new* zone that you enter fps goes up and down via 20-80 depends on the zone.. again it isnt my computer nor my internet connection. If i recall that' called false advertising. Now consider that someone is a s streamer, and he dies due to your lag/servers.. he could sue you btw. Mind reading some of those rules... or allow a char to revive himself. Tired of this rly. And no i didnt die... do something i love the game but mind doing something about it?
First: your post makes not a lot of sense...but aside from that, this is a FREE game and you agreed to the terms and conditions when you made your account, and you agreed to the HC terms when you created your HC character.

Second: No one is going to sue (successfully) GGG. Again, you agreed to all terms and conditions upon creating account/character. GGG doesn't owe you anything. This is completely regardless of their server status. Streamer or not, there is no legal grounds for suing anyone, and it's pointless and quite annoying to insinuate lawsuits. There are enough REAL things to sue over that people don't have to make up frivolous claims and jam up the legal system.

Finally, their servers are quite good ... mostly. There are some occasional times where a server might go down, or a certain server becomes overloaded due to various events. It's like this for ANY online game. Did you happen to try playing WoW at the release of the new expansion? MANY people couldn't even get INTO the game for 8 HOURS! And you want to say that a little fluctuating FPS warrants a lawsuit or makes their servers crappy? Really?

Learn to put thing into context.

It's not the end of the world to get a little fluctuating FPS (which is usually a PC problem BTW and not a server problem). FPS has nothing to do with server performance. FPS is purely the speed at which your PC is rendering the content. It has nothing to do with the NETWORK LATENCY which is what the server has impact over.
Your masters is what again? If it isnt computer and you do not have a lawyers degree pls dont comment. I dont have time to talk to some random who doesnt even have a paper to show me.(and your comment is semi illogical, but ok).

Am you can sue them... doesnt take a brainiac to realize that, and no i'm not here to tell you know to od it eather.+ this was a question to GG devs and if they could explain when will the servers be upgraded, and why is it taking so long.

So if you dont have anything better to do than to give illogical comment and point that grammar nazzi bs i'd suggest you to sit back to your chair and play thank you! Only a kid would point out like you did.
"
Deadfist wrote:
Your masters is what again? If it isnt computer and you do not have a lawyers degree pls dont comment. I dont have time to talk to some random who doesnt even have a paper to show me.(and your comment is semi illogical, but ok).

Am you can sue them... doesnt take a brainiac to realize that, and no i'm not here to tell you know to od it eather.+ this was a question to GG devs and if they could explain when will the servers be upgraded, and why is it taking so long.

So if you dont have anything better to do than to give illogical comment and point that grammar nazzi bs i'd suggest you to sit back to your chair and play thank you! Only a kid would point out like you did.

I have a degree in Computer Science with an emphases on Network and Security.. I'm a software engineer by trade although I've worked in a lot of different capacities in the software industry (as happens with people who are in the industry for a long time).

As for the law... you CAN sue anyone over anything.. the question is whether or not you'll be successful, and whether or not a lawyer will even take your case. When you sign a ToC, that eliminates quite a lot of your options for successful suit as you are agreeing to basically give away most of your abilities to sue. Any actual lawyer would laugh at a case claiming anything related to what you're complaining about.

As for the servers being upgraded... GGG is an INDIE company... that means they are completely self-reliant. They have no publishers helping them with resources. They have to pay their staff and hardware off of what they make from MTX sales and other things. Because of that, their server infrastructure is semi-set upon how well they do, and how well they think an upgraded server would help them.

In the case of PoE, a server upgrade likely wouldn't help all that much as their servers are already very good and the issue in most cases is NOT actually a server problem as I said before.

Good luck.
i have learned to give massive respect to drakier since i started at bitching ggg for over the last 2 years.. he deserves credit..

while i'm here drakier.. what you think is going on atm ?? instances are crashing or not loading all over the place... ideas ??
"
B3RTY wrote:
i have learned to give massive respect to drakier since i started at bitching ggg for over the last 2 years.. he deserves credit..

while i'm here drakier.. what you think is going on atm ?? instances are crashing or not loading all over the place... ideas ??

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1149323

There's an issue with something in the EU causing a lot of issues. GGG is trying to collect data to pass to the providers to get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
rgr that...

tyvm.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Deadfist wrote:

I have a degree in Computer Science with an emphases on Network and Security.. I'm a software engineer by trade although I've worked in a lot of different capacities in the software industry (as happens with people who are in the industry for a long time).

As for the law... you CAN sue anyone over anything.. the question is whether or not you'll be successful, and whether or not a lawyer will even take your case. When you sign a ToC, that eliminates quite a lot of your options for successful suit as you are agreeing to basically give away most of your abilities to sue. Any actual lawyer would laugh at a case claiming anything related to what you're complaining about.

As for the servers being upgraded... GGG is an INDIE company... that means they are completely self-reliant. They have no publishers helping them with resources. They have to pay their staff and hardware off of what they make from MTX sales and other things. Because of that, their server infrastructure is semi-set upon how well they do, and how well they think an upgraded server would help them.

In the case of PoE, a server upgrade likely wouldn't help all that much as their servers are already very good and the issue in most cases is NOT actually a server problem as I said before.

Good luck.

I agree on the fact that the OP makes no sense.. BUT you are wrong. Please stop sharing this false information how ToC eliminates options. There are quiet a bit of cases (mostly korean a bit in U.S.A recently) about people succesfully sueing games. Especially the MMOs where they tell you *rent* and not *buy* the game which is total b/s and against consumer rights.

I just wanted to say this. No lawyer will laugh at you if you have a legimate reason to sue (op does not). ToC means very little in front of the actual law once the case is accepted in most countries i know of. Plus i don't think a lawyer would ever laugh anyway.. even for OP they'd take his money regardless :)
Last edited by MorBirDinazor on Dec 26, 2014, 1:34:35 PM
As it happens, I am a lawyer in the U.S.

No lawyer worth his salt would tell you that a lawsuit over this dispute is a good idea. Even if you prove a breach of contract, your damages would be what you paid for the game.

Oh, wait . . .
"
MorBirDinazor wrote:
I agree on the fact that the OP makes no sense.. BUT you are wrong. Please stop sharing this false information how ToC eliminates options. There are quiet a bit of cases (mostly korean a bit in U.S.A recently) about people succesfully sueing games. Especially the MMOs where they tell you *rent* and not *buy* the game which is total b/s and against consumer rights.

I just wanted to say this. No lawyer will laugh at you if you have a legimate reason to sue (op does not). ToC means very little in front of the actual law once the case is accepted in most countries i know of. Plus i don't think a lawyer would ever laugh anyway.. even for OP they'd take his money regardless :)

It's not misinformation.

Signing the ToC (depending on the ToC) generally limits a lot of your options for suit.. In fact, a lot of them have a binding arbitration clause which in a lot of cases REMOVES your ability to sue them in court. I'm not saying you can't try, or even that what the ToC states is in any way ACTUALLY legally binding... because there are certain rights you cannot sign away... even in a contract.

My point was more that the OP has no claim. No lawyer is going to take that case (as proven by the post above mine). It's frivolous and stupid. Even discussing it to the degree we have is stupid. This should have been over a long time ago.

Good luck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info