Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Thanks a lot for your guide playing this in talisman and so far having tons of fun:) (level 47 only). Just curious would it be viable at higher level when affording some good gear to swap MoM+some mana nods with ES nods? Would that work?

I just think without Lightning Coil and some great jewels survivability will be pretty spiky?
(talking about 80-90 level range mainly)
IGN: Wolfshen
Last edited by Sherkkan on Dec 13, 2015, 8:49:54 AM
@Sherkkan: You mean hybrid Life + ES? If you spec Ghost Reaver it can work, but i'm seeing two major problems: we need all the mana to sustain a 6l Arc anyway, and with no shield you'll be forced to use a high ES chest, which means no Lightning Coil.

But feel free to play around with this idea, with a big enough ES pool you may be able to overcome the loss of Lightning Coil. If you do, i'd be interested to know how it worked out for you.
twitch.tv/enki91
How would you rate this build vs a dodge based?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9a-vNtZguQtqJARsZC-gIqve8ODCUrIb55uqspK8bOcpLXyX7BLV4cTNZJ4DZu1wON3B9i9wBrDOoTFbzsqOCSLIuoPq-jWFr8FtSaVjb9h4lFH1CNVSzfU51QwfDBxjDbtPyT9jX3dqInT_94j9kt4cFJNkjpCKgtd8g5IEZbjhH_GBx4byDBbkyeio5Uuz902PayXvoovncHz8NXxip2qlYehLxbzlSCP-klRbIwdgyY8LR_sGOv1YqxMs3C7wwmus9AfBAfZE7mTQZbv64PbL2_yHQVC0PVVxiycOlj-j03jplc64fJF_go=

Btw, what about this for MOM\ZO\EB?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9bYTdtZlKAtqNpisZC-gGh0GFaDCfnoRnFvnrQM4YicpMrTHaqHE76KdweTJ6EvL51_xu-IFvMRljBboqP5NyY8DkgHHqyXwfPXz13ylS6Vh5Uggh5JsSoLKwrw1R2DLR_bC3BSES-P-klRTLOJ0-tj6_Ugbq6z0B8EB4w2Nj1knVAwQZbv64PbVUudqvId214FQtD1VcZh4myMLJwmlWKsES0Wv3yD6-4y0ZrghTIc3EVHRZ2PGrUEwGZTUuQiBLPVpilPGmyiAGu37DiePPfB8B-FfYKbOtiFe4x2aPInL2ZUkFUaOA_EO3y4yg==
Last edited by foojin on Dec 13, 2015, 11:36:02 AM
Thanks for the clarifications.

The thing with the Jewels though is that the ones I saw didn't even have life! Ugh. They were just Crit and Mana, and were still like 2-5ex. It will be a long time before I can really afford any good Jewels unless I try to craft them (but settling for 3-affix Jewels seems like a bit of a waste) but I currently have no more Alteration Orbs, haha. I spent all of them rushing to craft some Surgeon's flasks before the update hit, in addition to converting most of them beforehand into Jeweler's Orbs -> Fusing Orbs for my failed 6L attempt.

I'll try out Arctic Armor (any damage reduction is good in my book if it works well) though we'll see if I get lucky with a Coil drop. I've got two Kingsguards, so I'll want to use that as much as I can (I like the healing I get when CwDT+IC fires.)

To be fair, I think the numbers on the tree for damage and cast speed are more balanced now, but I'll try and see if I can figure out how to calculate everything more accurately.

Do please keep me updated on how Ice Bite goes. Everything typically happens so quickly that I'm not sure if HoI was ever making any kills, or if it was always Arc doing everything. It'd be a bit of a bummer if Ice Bite ended up not giving us any charges.

Perhaps I can try it myself at some point if you don't get to it anytime soon; At least I can respec all the major points on the tree to have a usable character. The only other time I've used Ice Bite was on my other failed Witch, having it linked to Cold Snap, but it was more for increasing the Freeze Chance rather than getting Charges.
3 off'd my lightning coil so many times.... please Vorici bless me!
@foojin: The Acro tree won't be able to sustain casting, and also has nothing really to do with my build anymore.

EB/MoM/ZO is more point investment for a worse result. You'd need a top tier ES+Life chest + helmet + shield and be gated to Blood Dance to reach similar results to manabased (2x the unreserved pool but only half the regen with all charges up).
You won't be able to use Lightning Coil, lose a huge amount of spell damage from your offhand and the ability to pot back your MoM-buffer in harsh situations.
The additional aura you could run doesn't make up for all this.

@DarkRogue_3: Looking for jewels on poe.trade is a pain. Try to look for only 2 stats (life% and any of the crit that affects this build, or even other stats) and compare the deals.
Sometimes you'll find something like Life% + Cast Speed + any form of damage that affects us for a good price, which in the end gives more than Life% + Crit for 2ex+.

@Vaaroth: Keep going!
twitch.tv/enki91
ok guys,

playing it on talisman league : 82 atm

my stuff is 2days long : looot of stuff to improve.
playing daggers for now :

cant wait to get an empower to level, and a coil so i cant start 6s/6l while leveling
have to work on positions : survival vs melee is close to 0 now :s

playing with purity on and artic off for now : low stuff is low stuff :)

but im already 20k dps level 82 with 6 power charges and only a 5L, 0 20% quality gems etc

cheers !
ouis
I'm a little nervous about relying on a Vaal gem for single target/boss kills. What would you suggest for a non-Vaal alternative?

Also, do you think it's worth using a spell totem with arc, to help spread the shocks?

I don't really have space for it but I can't help wishing we could use Tempest Shield, because so few builds really get to boost that.
I did it. Had to break my self-found mentality to get these damn chromes but I did it.

I have a question regarding Cold penetration gem choice. Right now im indeed using Lightning pen but after getting the unique ring for the build from my understanding 50% damage will be cold and 50% lightning. Is Cold Pen really best choice considering it will only boost half of your damage?
I know we aim to freeze than shock a lot but unless im missing something cold pen doesnt boost in any way freeze chance right?its only crit based.

Things im thinking they may be worth considering for replacing Cold pen would be either Increased Crit Damage for that sweet overall multiplier or maybe Life leech for increased survivability
IGN: Wolfshen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info