Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

My char right now is lv 86 (highest of all time for me) and im doing rather good right now. Tho im poor and just starting to use the unid chaos recipe with lv 75 items because i barely manage to keep up with alching maps to sustain them. Grinding Tier 6-8 for now. I would like to ask what my next upgrade should be. I have no luck crafting jewels so i dont really wanna waste anymore on them until i got abit more currency. I dont know how to link items so if you would be so kind and check my gear ^^' Characters name is classicSorc
Last edited by Tianx3 on Dec 12, 2018, 8:22:26 PM
With Impulsa's getting crazy expensive -- what is this build's potential w/o it? I don't need to be an uber-elder farmer but I'm looking to do most of the other content. Will this build struggle w/o it or is it just for clear speed convenience?
"
23142314 wrote:
I know the Info is most likely to be here in these 700 pages, but I did not find it. Can I respec this build into CI/lowLife later, or is there any life related important mechanic that doesn't allow that?

Nothing in this build demands life, but you won't be able to run Inpulsa, will need to change a lot of the HP nodes to ES and get Ghost Reaver, and maybe have to spend more to get ES gear with high rolls to fully stack up. The 10 points past Shaper will pick up both CI and Ghost Reaver with 3 to spare. And then several other life routes can be re-routed to ES nodes, like Arcane Focus and Faith and Steel.

"
Tianx3 wrote:
Characters name is classicSorc

Switch to daggers if possible, Whirling Blades is a game changer for movement. Haven't checked lately, but plain daggers with light to spells and either cast speed or light dmg (craft the other) were like 2 chaos. Might be a damage loss on your first scepter, but a damage gain on the 2nd one and overall defense up once you get the hang of Whirling Blades and stack some attack speed.
Keep an eye for cheap boots with good enchants. The one you haven’t isn’t terrible, but lots of better ones. The attack/cast speed on kill is great here for both Arc damage and Whirling Blade movement.
Left ring only has 60% resists and life/mana. Try to get one with more resists or similar with dmg/cast speed and dex. If you get can similar ring, there is a new Prefix craft to add flat light and cold/fire dmg that works with Arc. This will proc the ignite/chill from Elementalist if you don’t have a source of fire/cold from any other sources (could not find one before servers went down).
Can upgrade gloves to Elder atk/cast speed again and then get the Chaos on ring instead along with swapping crafts to chaos combined resists.
Low life on belt. Can get similar stats with Abyss belt for extra jewel.
No crafts on life/mana flasks. Can get stuff like increased amount or recovery speed to consume faster.
Definitely replace the unique jewel. No life on any jewels. Each HP % jewel should be around 80 HP for you. A single abyss jewel with life and 7-8% Onslaught will help clear speed. Or just regular jewels with hp, 1 dmg mod, and something minor like resists or dex. Can also swap Sulphur to Silver for faster clear speed, personal preference.
Eventually replace helm enchanted with Golem buff or similar Arc dmg increase. Golem buff 100% adds 9% atk/cast speed, but 150% (Eternal lab) will be 13.5% atk/cast speed. In case you didn't know, you can Scour an enchanted item and then try to craft on it again until you get stats you like.

"
wickster92 wrote:
With Impulsa's getting crazy expensive

Red maps were pretty fast for me with 5L rare. Adding the more expensive gear has sped it up a lot. Just did a T13 and bosses were dead before Decoy.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 12, 2018, 10:02:31 PM
My character feels pretty squishy still after all of the gear i upgraded, am i playing the class wrong or getting 1-2 shot is rather normal for a arc witch ?
Hi guys

I'm a rather new player, started when there was 2 weeks left of the last season and i figured i'd start this season with a proven/strong build and landed on Enki's Arc Witch.

My main issue is i feel somewhat weak in maps and i'm only running like T1-T3, not sure if there is something wrong with my gear i'd love for anyone to have a look and tell me what needs to be switched out asap maybe ?

And the second problem is making currency to get said upgrades, now i realise this is not the place to ask for currency making tips but hey, why not :)

Any help is appreciated

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jeite/characters
"
exhya wrote:
My character feels pretty squishy still after all of the gear i upgraded, am i playing the class wrong or getting 1-2 shot is rather normal for a arc witch ?

Define squishy. What's your HP/MP? What is hurting, the Betrayal bosses? If so, just have to learn their moves as some of their most damaging stuff has a tell to let you know to get out of the way.. just like learning the bosses. Try adding some chaos resistance. I went from -51 to 41 for testing purposes today (plus the 35 from Atziri's) and it makes quite a difference against anything with chaos (physical still hurts).
Missing 2 passives from quests unless you went with a different Bandit? Those 2 points can be used for another jewel slot.
Got some more 20% gems you can re-level for DPS and longer living minion.
No 4th lab yet? 2 golems + immune to elemental helps tanking, along with the as needed Decoy and more dmg.
20% Faster Attacks and Whirling Blades for more movement to help avoidance. Pair with atk/cast speed boot enchant for even faster movement.

"
Any help is appreciated

Craft on left dagger doesn't work. On weapons, it has to read "adds X dmg to spells". There should be some good replacement crafts to use until you get into Shaped daggers (much more expensive).
Craft on helm. I'm bad with what can be used in new league. Probably mana?
Craft on right ring, maybe resist with chaos.
Left ring is bad. Only provides fire, cold, and chaos resist. If it reads "to attacks", it doesn't work with spells like Arc. Stick to HP and resists on ring and maybe cast speed or lightning speed dmg if cheap enough.
Take another look at gem slot section. You should add the CWDT set-up, but gloves are corrupted and helm is dex (read as a pain to get 3 red). Might need to replace gloves or helm just to get something to get the 2-3 red and 1 blue set-up.
Missing 1 passive from quests. Type /passives and then Google POE passives quest to find the missing one.
No craft on belt. Ideally HP, but if not maybe needs to be replaced for more HP.
Eventually replace all jewels with HP and 1-2 dmg mods.
Upgrade mana flask to Eternal Mana flask. You'll also want to either buy or use Beastiary to get bleed removal and freeze removal on flasks. The other stuff is bad, but those 2 can be the quickest way to die. I prefer my immunity stuff on support flasks like Basalt and Quicksilver for longer uptime, but not necessary.
Too early on Alchemist. I would take back those 3 and the 3 for jewel near Constitution (not part of the build). Put 2 to Lord of the Dead, take back 2 from Spell crit, then put all 6 to Spiritual Aid. TL;DR trading a bit of dmg for a lot of damage.

Spiritual Aid and Spell dmg on dagger should alone add quite a bit of damage. Keep spamming the easiest, highest level map for you to keep leveling and adding more damage, currency, etc.

Discussing currency is a 30-page essay I'm not prepared to write. Plenty of guides out there to help with that. I just farm maps, farm events, and sell stuff that looks good on poe.trade
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 12, 2018, 10:44:29 PM
"

Define squishy. What's your HP/MP? What is hurting, the Betrayal bosses? If so, just have to learn their moves as some of their most damaging stuff has a tell to let you know to get out of the way.. just like learning the bosses. Try adding some chaos resistance. I went from -51 to 41 for testing purposes today (plus the 35 from Atziri's) and it makes quite a difference against anything with chaos (physical still hurts).
Missing 2 passives from quests unless you went with a different Bandit? Those 2 points can be used for another jewel slot.
Got some more 20% gems you can re-level for DPS and longer living minion.
No 4th lab yet? 2 golems + immune to elemental helps tanking, along with the as needed Decoy and more dmg.
20% Faster Attacks and Whirling Blades for more movement to help avoidance. Pair with atk/cast speed boot enchant for even faster movement.

Well to be honest anything that get close to my character almost kills me/kill me, this is very clear when it's a boss i can't kill very fast or well betrayal (they strait up one shot me when i see them in red maps, especially that bow lady and that chaos dude)
I took the 15 res bandit because i didn't know what build to go for at the start so yeah... i ll check if there is a way to change the bandit but i never heard about that.
Also i am doing lab 4th right now i unlocked it tonight, for the atk speed i find it really hard top get on gear without sacrificing vital stats unless you get very expensive gear. A faster whirling blade would be welcome that's for sure.
Hey Enki, thanks for the build, having a lot of fun with it.

Would this be ok knife to use?
I dont have multiple crafting mode on my bench yet, so i crafted lightning damage.

Last edited by PerkyPsycho on Dec 13, 2018, 2:14:17 AM
I'm a returning casual player whose only ever finished the story from 2 years ago and I'm trying to get back into POE w/ the next updates.

Just sold my first Oni-Goroshi (please don't ask why I bothered spending 6 hours for some Onis) and I was wondering what I should get for my newly created Witch?

Budget = 90 chaos

Edit: I'm in the Betrayal League & just turned off the character privacy
Last edited by MyVessel on Dec 13, 2018, 1:58:30 AM
"
exhya wrote:
A faster whirling blade would be welcome that's for sure.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deal_with_the_Bandits
20 orb of regret + Onyx amulet = Book of Reform to switch to 2 passive.

Boot enchant is a pretty nice way to get 12-16% atk/cast speed for clearing and bosses with adds. I'm not a fan of running lab, so I would just pay for any boot with the enchant and craft my own stats onto it and pick-up any elemental resist lack on other slots.
For attack speed, there is also an Elder glove with attack/cast speed and some new crafting recipes for attack/cast speed on jewelry. And upping Onslaught jewel to 8% makes Onslaught proc far more reliable with 20% atk/cast speed.

Try adding some chaos resist if you want. Can help with some of the new Betrayal stuff. I added a bunch and now the Chaos serpents barely break my ES. it is also possible to prevent all Betrayal spawns by having them all at 100% :P

What is your HP/MP? And when you finish 4th lab, what is your hideout DPS with just golems? It should be fairly close if not better than mine with Watcher + Wrath.

Ohhhh.. I've been staring at the trees for awhile now trying to figure out how you went to Celestial Judgment already. You skipped the 3 points after Mind Over Matter? That is quite a bit of mana.

"
PerkyPsycho wrote:
Would this be ok knife to use?

Private profile, can't view the item.

"
Budget = 90 chaos

Private profile, can't view your characters. By casual, are you playing on Standard or League? Will affect your choices a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info