Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Thank you very much!
Hello,

Thank you very much for this guide, I managed to finally build a fine endgame character and had a lot of fun and ease playing in SSF till 70.

Now as I'm finishing up my gear and saving for 6Ls so I can get the final gem setup I wonder about two things (EDIT: I pretty much found the answers by reading the guide more carefully again xP )

1. Right now I stick with added lightning damage as a fourth support and wonder at which point will empower be better than that. For me it looks like additional gem levels from empower don't result in more net damage than from added lightning damage, the only benefit I see is the 8th chain on lvl 24 arc. So is there any point to prioritise empower lvl 3 over added lightning dmg, especially that I haven't been able to get 21/20 arc yet?

2. I recently got the unique flask but I don't quite feel how it is supposed to help instead of harm. Usually, as long as I am casting, my life leech is keeping me topped all the time. I only get in trouble if damage bursts burn through all my mana and prevent me from casting and leeching. This flask seems to burn the mana even faster because of the shock, and the leech it provides is not as amazing as I first thought. I wonder if i should look for even more DPS before using it or maybe it is something related to my mana pool?

Also, what are your thoughts on Bone Offering head enchantment? It looks very tempting to me to get almost capped with block chances.

Anyways, thanks again for the guide, amazing and deeply thought stuff!
Cheers!
Last edited by Sajmon0 on Feb 21, 2018, 10:39:33 AM
Does anyone know wich base staff to look out for , i just wasted 100 chroms and another 100 alt on a white staff just to get the damn colors right and i still havent had any luck on the +2 lightning spells.
Sorry for the late reply!

@Sajmon0: Added Lightning Damage is fine since its buff, Empower lost some of its importance since Arc reaches the 7th chain at Lv20 nowadays and is only really good in a highend setup to get that 8th chain. Assuming things don't change i'll mention this in the next update.

To counter the shock of Vinktars you either need a flask with the "..of Grounding" suffix, or Inpulsa's Broken Heart. Leech is capped at 20% of your max life per sec with 2% life per sec per leech instance, which gets buffed to roughly 3% with a 20/20 life leech gem. Usually the gem provides enough leech to reach this cap, but Vinktars can help with consistency due to the huge lightning damage range.

@Meshnak: Socket color probability is directly tied to the items attribute requirements, the lower those are the easier it gets to roll off colors. That said, all staves are Strength (red sockets) + Intelligence (blue sockets) based and we don't use any off colors except for the Pledge of Hands setup, so any staff with block implicit will work. Just make sure its itemlevel is 55+ to be able to roll +2 Lightning Gems, otherwise you have to use an essence. Technically the best base would be a Maelström Staff due to its 20% block and high str/int req, making it harder to roll green sockets.

Since we're close to a major patch and it's not yet safe that we're gonna use Staves in the new setup, i'd say just get a Shrieking Essence of Spite and use it to get +2 Lightning, then put a mastercraft if it has an open affix slot.
twitch.tv/enki91
Elementalist rework was revealed today. I'm excited to hear what Enki thinks.
"
ZROGST wrote:

Looks really good so far, the leech frees up a gem slot and the other stuff is pretty solid too.
Gotta wait for Necro and patch notes, but as of now it looks like this build will change from the current Kitavas/Bone Offering setup.
twitch.tv/enki91
Man, the Necro reveal better be good cause I don't think I'll ever get the Arc enchant on another helm.
Then again I can probably buy it on a base and craft something.

That reflect immunity in the Elementalist tree would make life easier though.

edit: The more I look at it, it seems Ball Lightning is the only skill that can make real use of that god-awful Pendulum node.
Last edited by Akkuron on Feb 26, 2018, 9:31:55 AM
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
ZROGST wrote:

Looks really good so far, the leech frees up a gem slot and the other stuff is pretty solid too.
Gotta wait for Necro and patch notes, but as of now it looks like this build will change from the current Kitavas/Bone Offering setup.

https://web.poecdn.com/public/news/2018-02-27/Ascendancy/CrunchyFood.jpg

Here we go... Offering is nerfed to 50% only on you.
Elementalist looks really good, but any thoughts on going Occultist and using Warlord's Mark for new defensive utility?

Edit: I guess Power Charges or Chaos would need to be the focus at that point, and I'm not sure how that would go.

Edit2: I know, I know, it's garbage. I'm just obsessed with Witch and people keep saying the Elementalist ascendancy is bad. And looking into Warlord's Mark, it's not as helpful as I thought.. Neeevermind. Elementalist it is then.
Last edited by JoeBroski on Feb 26, 2018, 9:09:20 PM
Hey man, I like this guide, its very detailed. Really good for beginners like me (started a week ago). I made an SRS witch but I find it boring (probably because I'm not building her right). Anyways, would you still recommend this build as a starter for the upcoming Bestiary league? And oh btw, why necromancer for ascendancy and not elementalist instead? (I'm not sure if you have explained it on the guide somewhere).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info