Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Hi all!

This is my first time playing POE and I have just starting mapping. Unfortunately it has been pretty difficult to clear level 1 and level 2 maps. This game has so many things to learn and is pretty overwhelming.

My single target on bosses is pretty bad and it seems I die at least once or twice, negating all the XP I gained prior to the boss. I probably am playing poorly, but I just don't do enough damage and end up having to kite for a long time.

Also, I guess I need to have bone offering and desecrate on my skill bar? Am I supposed to desecrate and then cast bone offering every time the buff falls off?

I have Warlords and Clarity on auto cast. On bosses I cast orb of storm, desecrate, bone offering, rallying cry, and then proceed to hit the boss.

Can anyone take a look at my character and give me some advice on my gear? Thanks!
"
Elpans wrote:
Hi all!

This is my first time playing POE and I have just starting mapping. Unfortunately it has been pretty difficult to clear level 1 and level 2 maps. This game has so many things to learn and is pretty overwhelming.

My single target on bosses is pretty bad and it seems I die at least once or twice, negating all the XP I gained prior to the boss. I probably am playing poorly, but I just don't do enough damage and end up having to kite for a long time.

Also, I guess I need to have bone offering and desecrate on my skill bar? Am I supposed to desecrate and then cast bone offering every time the buff falls off?

I have Warlords and Clarity on auto cast. On bosses I cast orb of storm, desecrate, bone offering, rallying cry, and then proceed to hit the boss.

Can anyone take a look at my character and give me some advice on my gear? Thanks!

Your gear is heavily lacking life for most of the part, also not sure if you're resistance capped, flask setup is also not ideal. All this together is what's most likely causing your survivability issues.

My advice is, stay out of maps for now and just farm the recommend farming zones in either Act 9 or 10 to get some exp and gather currency. Upgrade your helmet, gloves, boots, amulet and the Iron Ring, work on your flasks one by one (starting with Basalt), switch to the endgame gem setup and get Mind over Matter.

Desecrate is supposed to be on CwDt unless you want to selfcast it, in that case you need both Desecrate and Bone Offering on the skillbar. But when you upgrade your gear, you can already plan in/buy Kitava's Thirst, which will automate the whole thing.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hello there,

First I would like to thank you for the fantastic guide, it's the best and easiest I've ever followed based on how you have constructed it.

I have a question though.

Been doing my best to get gear similar to yours.

However I can barely do maps at Tier 8. I'm absolutely fine with packs but bosses destroy me so easily.

I have no idea what I'm missing.

Could you please have a look at my gear and advise.

PS: My chaos res is -40%.

Could that be part of the problem?

Appreciate your support and input.

"
Azzazel87 wrote:
Hello there,

First I would like to thank you for the fantastic guide, it's the best and easiest I've ever followed based on how you have constructed it.

I have a question though.

Been doing my best to get gear similar to yours.

However I can barely do maps at Tier 8. I'm absolutely fine with packs but bosses destroy me so easily.

I have no idea what I'm missing.

Could you please have a look at my gear and advise.

PS: My chaos res is -40%.

Could that be part of the problem?

Appreciate your support and input.

The chaos res would really only be an issue if the boss does chaos damage, which to my knowledge aren't that many in the game. It might just be one of those bosses that the build needs to actively dodge.

Your character tab is private, please change it in the privacy setting so i can take a look.
twitch.tv/enki91
Not private now.

It's most bosses. My build can only depend on the Decoy Totem with most bosses.

I don't know how you do it without it... Even with the totem , I sometimes get killed.
"
Azzazel87 wrote:
Not private now.

I don't know how you do it without it... Even with the totem , I sometimes get killed.

Your life is very low, and it looks like you're not resistance capped.

Replace your gloves, the second Essence Worm and Assassins Haste with good life rares, and aim for the additional jewel sockets asap/drop something else to take them.
Headhunter, while it's a nice belt it's also not really helping in this regard. A belt with flask duration mod and the flask nodes in witch section would help you keeping them up much longer.

Your block is also a bit low, mainly due to your Pledge of Hands being an old version, use a Blessed Orb and it should go up to 18%. You can further maximize block with a corrupted Lazhwar and block craft on gloves, or even some Shaper/Elder gloves with block chance mod.

And your CwDt setup is too high in level, just get some low level gems from Lily and that's done.

Getting all these changes done should fix atleast the majority of the issues.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
Azzazel87 wrote:
Not private now.

Your life is very low, and it looks like you're not resistance capped.

Replace your gloves, the second Essence Worm and Assassins Haste with good life rares, and aim for the additional jewel sockets asap/drop something else to take them.
Headhunter, while it's a nice belt it's also not really helping in this regard. A belt with flask duration mod and the flask nodes in witch section would help you keeping them up much longer.

Your block is also a bit low, mainly due to your Pledge of Hands being an old version, use a Blessed Orb and it should go up to 18%. You can further maximize block with a corrupted Lazhwar and block craft on gloves, or even some Shaper/Elder gloves with block chance mod.

And your CwDt setup is too high in level, just get some low level gems from Lily and that's done.

Getting all these changes done should fix atleast the majority of the issues.

Thank you so much. I have changed most of the stuff you mentioned and feeling a difference. Except for the gloves. That would be a hell of a challenge plus the jewel sockets. I really don't know what to points to refund. But will think of something. Thanks again and appreciate the time.

PS: Am I supposed to use flasks 24/7? Another problem, after using Mind Over Matter, I've died many times due to zero mana.

Would you recommend swapping some gems to mana leech for boss fights? My problem is i keep dying from bosses only, otherwise everything else is fine.

Edit: It seems I had to change my play style a bit with bosses and be more evasive. Build works great. Thank you.
Last edited by Azzazel87 on Dec 15, 2017, 4:07:57 PM
@Azzazel87: Good to hear it's working out now. Some bosses are just a pain for us, especially if they have any kind of DoT damage it'll drain our mana pool very fast.
twitch.tv/enki91
How can i use whirling blades?
Please help me with this gem
Last edited by mydepair on Dec 16, 2017, 4:44:53 AM
"
mydepair wrote:
How can i use whirling blades?
Please help me with this gem

Whirling Blades requires a 1h-Sword, Dagger or Claw, can't make it work with a Staff.
Given that we also get no real attack speed increases, it would be much slower than just walking anyway.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info