Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Ok so a question,with mind over matter how am I supposed to keep my mana pool at around 15% 20%(considering I have 2 auras up) to use skills if that passive is on because that really doesn't help in breaches and some other cases because I have no mana to use, I just want some opinions.
Last edited by Bakkkiii on Dec 26, 2016, 10:52:37 PM
Wow. It's really hard to imagine sifting through almost 300 pages of comments on this build. Apologies if my questions have answers buried deep inside the comment caverns...

For context, I'm new to the game and my first 70+ character was a witch that ended up using Arc and Summon Zombies + Summon Stone Golem and I was able to start mapping with friends. Unfortunately I found that things got a bit too tough for me, though I liked the play style a lot, so I started another Witch. I'm following your leveling guide now and I'm almost to 40, but I had some questions.

While leveling using Firestorm, I feel like I do enough damage but I move very slowly and don't get packs bunched up very well. Is there something you've done to alleviate this?

If I try using Arc, I feel like I kill things much too slowly. Should I look at investing a few chaos into better gear to level with? Would that be enough to help? Right now I'm using Lifesprig and Tabula Rasa along with a decent set of gear including Call of the Brotherhood and have my resists capped in Normal difficulty with a little buffer ready for when I move to Cruel.

Why, on the left side of the skill tree, do you go to the extra +10 int, +10 str instead of going from Light of Divinity down to Elementalist? Are those stats important to the build such that you can pass on the 18% increased elemental & spell damage? Skipping on those around the late 30's stage of your guide would make it hard to regret out of later if that's the case and I might rather find those attributes on gear for the time being. EDIT FOR ANSWER: I see that in the next step (3) there are more things that make this decision make sense. You also get to get th e jewel slot, etc. It's a tough 2 points to give up, but things get tight at the end.

Thanks so much for the detailed guide! It's been a fun way to discover this game and has helped to pull me in after a few failed attempts in previous seasons!
Last edited by mechler on Dec 27, 2016, 11:48:39 AM
Hi dude. Love ur build, playing it a long time.

In Breach league I decided to try staff version, so at first I bought "Pledge of Hands". Now I have a question: why did u wrote to "Use Added Lightning Damage instead of Spell Echo with Pledge of Hands"? I mean, why not Faster Casting? It seems more dps with that gem. Is there some trick with Added Lightning Damage?

PS: I know that in +3 level staff Added Lightning Damage will be better.
Last edited by Epikuros2 on Dec 27, 2016, 10:55:57 AM
"Attention: Breaches are pretty dangerous until higher levels with this build.
Please be careful if you plan to play this in Breach League!"

This build seems very bad for T5+ breaches period, I've put about 150 chaos into the build and still get wrecked by them. I have done everything in "Step 3" gearing process, but lack the arc helmet enchantment. My stats more or less match yours in the budget gear video.

What exactly are you considering higher level? I'm 86. The build is "done", I don't see this ever getting better at breaches. Can't recommend for breach at all unless I am doing something wrong.
Last edited by Tyrindor on Dec 29, 2016, 8:03:41 AM
Hi

i wonder why you dont take heart of thunder node
@ratza123: You should have way more life with that gear. Switch out Gifts from Above with a good rare ring, and the amulet with a more crit based one.

Also make sure to switch Arc + Empower with Storm Call + Less Duration for Atziri herself, the clone holding a mirror in splitphase reflects 100% damage and will invetiably kill you when using Arc.

@Soulfeeder: No need for another chest or setup, simply switch Arc with Storm Call, and if you already have Empower socketed, that with Less Duration.

@rlzdakota1: It's simply what i wanted to do with the build. Stacking cast speed is the best way to bypass the hits on smaller end of lightning damage range, and dualwielding gives us the highest possible cast speed through an extra cast speed roll from your second weapon, and Dark Arts which also gives some needed dexterity.

With a few small changes you could also use a shield with spell damage, spellcrit and mastercrafted cast speed, it'll be a bit weaker but gives another liferoll.

@Dzzzzzz: Some buff combinations are harder than others, you could wait for a really easy uber lab day or pay someone a small fee to carry you, it's usually easy to find them on pub board.

@hfourftw: It's possible, infact Cabesi has a guide for exactly what you're looking for.

@Bakkkiii: With both curses you should have 30% of your mana unreserved, more once you have an Enlighten and/or Sovereignty.

@mechler: One good thing about Firestorm is that it's duration based, which means you can cast it 1-2 times and then move while the monsters will die. Arc doesn't have many chains at low level, which is why killing bigger packs will take a while.

@Epikuros2: ALD gives more base damage, and with that better chances to freeze, while Faster Casting would probably be a bit faster for clearing. Both are some color, so just try and see what suits your playstyle better.

@Tyrindor: Do you keep up Mastermind of Discord, Decoy Totem and use Vinktar towards bosses? Shouldn't have any bigger issues with that. Or try switching Arc + Empower with Storm Call + Less Duration for bosses if you feel it works better for you.

The problem with breaches are their unpredictable packsizes. Sometimes they seem to almost immediatly spawn more monsters than we can kill with Arcs chain limit. The helmet enchantment will definitely help, but i can't answer if it'll fix the issue. Your best bet is stay in motion and keep your Vinktar up.

@Sezth: We simply don't have enough points, and other nodes are better, especially jewel sockets which can give life + damage.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thanks for your reply. I am ok with Uber lab now. And I saw you mentioned Uber Atziri is impossible for this build, is there any variation I can make to the build so that I can solo Uber Atziri?
Is it just me or there are no wands at all with global crit strike chance+cast speed+spell damage...just the unique void battery i think its called but no rares at all..btw for this build i assume daggers would be better since we need crit,and they have 80% global crit strike chance?
"
Bakkkiii wrote:
Is it just me or there are no wands at all with global crit strike chance+cast speed+spell damage...just the unique void battery i think its called but no rares at all..btw for this build i assume daggers would be better since we need crit,and they have 80% global crit strike chance?

You want crit chance for spells. It's right in the guide, read it properly before jumping to conclusions.
@Dzzzzzz: Unfortunately no. If you want to farm Uber Atziri, it would be easier and cheaper to level another char solely for that purpose, something that can faceroll her.

@Bakkkiii: As HackBasilisk mentioned, the stat is crit chance for spells, global crit can't roll on weapons as explicit mod.

Wands/sceptres used to be absolutely better than daggers for this build since daggers can't naturally roll cast speed, one of our most important stats. This has changed a little now with essences, although crafting a really good dagger like that will be expensive. If you can afford that, it's basically ~40% damage/12% cast speed/6% ele pen vs. 80% spellcrit, out of which i'd still prefer the non-dagger route since we have sufficient crit already.

Finally got my hands on a Duskdawn and gave it a try. Really nice staff, even without using its full potential it's really strong with this build. You can find the results in staff section.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info